• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read some Phantom Blood doujin yesterday about what if Jonathan was the one who put on the mask and there was very little conflict. Dio's goal was easily achievable & Jonathan can apparently hold off of the urge of blood for years.

It was okay, only Jojo doujin I've ever read beside Soraya Saga's Steel Ball Run doujin about Gyro & Johnny coming to modern day New York.

Tizoc

What's up with Diver Down's eyes in this figure?
tumblr_neaiy18rS41sh11j9o1_r1_1280.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I wish I could afford all those sweet JoJo figures. It'll be hard enough dropping $100 on Jotaro and Star Platinum alone at some point.

Man, I really love ASB (I even did the North American OT in-character), but if ASB2 doesn't have FF on the roster then I'm going to riot super hard.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it's real, I so hope for Stromheim, Diego, and Weather Report make it in.

...also throw in the DLC characters as well.....and Pet Shop because why not.

JayEH

Hope there's a PS4 version of the game since the frame rate was garbage for ASB. But since it's probably only going to be released in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me if it's only PS3.

Ezalc

If it's real, I so hope for Stromheim, Diego, and Weather Report make it in.

...also throw in the DLC characters as well.....and Pet Shop because why not.

I hope it's true and there's no Petshop because there's enough part 3 characters as is. Maybe White Album from Part 5 would make a good addition with Metallica or something. We need some more from part 4, 6, and 7 as well. Such as Highway Star, FF, Weather Report, Cream Starter, Mandom, and Sandman.

If I could add any ten characters, I would choose FF, Stroheim, Dino, Weather Report, Kyo Nijimura, Wekapipo, Yuuya Fungami, Ghiaccio, Trish Una, and Jobin Higashikata with a battle beetle as his Stand.

Astarte

Jesus christ King Crimson looks like an absolute horror in that photo shoot.

I hope that Really Old Joseph and Achtung Babby make it in.

JayEH

I finished Part 5. It's my least favorite part so far. Diavolo was pretty lame and Giorno just wasn't an interesting character at all. He apparently knows everything about everything so he just bails everyone out of most situations. Does he ever crack a smile throughout the story? Fugo was weirdly written out of the story and poor Polnareff is crippled then turned into a turtle. The ending makes no sense. This and part 4 end in this ridiculously convoluted ending that really is unnecessary. Also where was the comic relief story arcs? I can't think of one that occurred.

Overall this felt like someone trying to rip off Jojo instead of Araki writing it. It had some good moments but ultimately it was disappointing. 5/10. It's really disappointing considering how good part 4 was. Hopefully 6 is good...

Ezalc

I finished Part 5. It's my least favorite part so far. Diavolo was pretty lame and Giorno just wasn't an interesting character at all. He apparently knows everything about everything so he just bails everyone out of most situations. Does he ever crack a smile throughout the story? Fugo was weirdly written out of the story and poor Polnareff is crippled then turned into a turtle. The ending makes no sense. This and part 4 end in this ridiculously convoluted ending that really is unnecessary. Also where was the comic relief story arcs? I can't think of one that occurred.

Overall this felt like someone trying to rip off Jojo instead of Araki writing it. It had some good moments but ultimately it was disappointing. 5/10. It's really disappointing considering how good part 4 was. Hopefully 6 is good...

Fugo was written out when Araki realized how overpowered his stand is. Polnareff's end sucks big time though, and I agree with you with the rest of what you said. That is as long as you recognize how awesome Bruno is.

Part 6 is way better than Part 5 don't worry, it's not as good as Part 4 but it has Weather Report who is awesome. I think I'm the only one who likes Annasui too.

JayEH

Fugo was written out when Araki realized how overpowered his stand is. Polnareff's end sucks big time though, and I agree with you with the rest of what you said. That is as long as you recognize how awesome Bruno is.

Part 6 is way better than Part 5 don't worry, it's not as good as Part 4 but it has Weather Report who is awesome. I think I'm the only one who likes Annasui too.

There could have been some interesting things that could have been done with Fugo since he couldn't fully control Purple Haze. Oh well, apparently he does some more stuff in light novels.

Shizuka was in 4 not 5

I think that might be a translator's name?

There could have been some interesting things that could have been done with Fugo since he couldn't fully control Purple Haze. Oh well, apparently he does some more stuff in light novels.

I think that might be a translator's name?
Oh i just thought he was referring to the Auctung Baby.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
New JoJolion is so close...MUST BE STRONG...MUST...

*Plays JoJo's Bizarre Playlist for the thousandth time*

Ezalc

I guess but it's just his whole virus thing is kind of bullshit really.

For Jojo's? Easily.

As a whole? Naw.
I can agree with this. Honestly Joseph carried the whole thing.
Replace Joseph with Jotaro or Jonathan as the protagonist of part 2, then part 2 wouldve only been slightly better than part 1.
Replace it with giorno and it wouldve been the worst.
replace joseph as protag of part 5 and it wouldve been amazing.

Riposte

Sorry, Part 3 > Part 2. Part 2 is tighter though (but even then, anti-climax at times).

I feel like Purple Haze could have wrecked Crimson King with the right amount of planning.

My ideal climax for Part 5 would be King Crimson's Epitaph sub-Stand dying with Doppio, which would be the payoff for the earlier foreshadowing that Epitaph was in fact Doppio's Stand. It would've made the final battle with KC more interesting and dynamic, as not even Diavolo would be able to see where he would end up after his time skips anymore.

It would've been a heck of a lot more satisfying than the "screw you, I win" ending that we got.

My ideal climax for Part 5 would be King Crimson's Epitaph sub-Stand dying with Doppio, which would be the payoff for the earlier foreshadowing that Epitaph was in fact Doppio's Stand. It would've made the final battle with KC more interesting and dynamic, as not even Diavolo would be able to see where he would end up after his time skips anymore.

It would've been a heck of a lot more satisfying than the "screw you, I win" ending that we got.
I hate how Diopopo was just written off just because. Like honsetly everything about part 5 thats wrong comes from the protagonist and the antagonist being the worst.

I hate how Diopopo was just written off just because. Like honsetly everything about part 5 thats wrong comes from the protagonist and the antagonist being the worst.

Yeah, Doppio was the most interesting antagonist after Pesci and Prosciutto, and I hate how they both blew the twist about him being Diavolo's true personality and threw out his character like 2 arcs after his introduction. Definitely the most under-utilized character in the series, and I say that as a Foo Fighters fanboy.

Yeah, Doppio was the most interesting antagonist after Pesci and Prosciutto, and I hate how they both blew the twist about him being Diavolo's true personality and threw out his character like 2 arcs after his introduction. Definitely the most under-utilized character in the series, and I say that as a Foo Fighters fanboy.
"But who switched with polnareff!?"
"Huh....diovolo mustve had two personalities!"
And thats all the closure diopopo got.

The discarded plotline of Fugo being Diavolo's spy would've been interesting. His attempt at redemption near the end to smash down Diavolo would have been pretty hype.

Not sure why I decided to look at Offtopic Community today since I've been here like twice, but I'm glad I did. Shoulda figured this thread existed.

I just wanna say this is one of the only anime I loved so much I bothered starting to read the manga, which is also one of the greatest things I've ever read. I'm not a comic person at all, but I make exceptions for Calvin and Hobbes and Jojo. Take that as you will :p Jojo feels a lot like it was written by a hyperactive, culture- and violence-obsessed, super intelligent 6 year old, so maybe that's where the two overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom