• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

I imagine that's how it went. It was getting late, he was out of coffee/tea, and all he needed to do before wrapping things up was draw a dog. He doesn't bother digging out a reference book since, hey, it's just a dog. He starts sketching and fatigue makes his mind wander. By the time he comes back to his senses, the completed sketch of that abomination is on the page. After a brief look of horror, he laughs and calls it a night. He'll fix it in the morning.

...and then in the morning the inking phase starts and he starts on the dog and WHOOPS.

Either that or it's not meant to be any kind of dog. I mean, that thing can teleport/phase through solid objects...

I'm really thinking that Araki either was on a deadline to finish this or really didn't care about how the dog looked at that point. I mean he's made mistakes before right :V

Come on guys, that is obviously not meant to be a normal dog. Look at that thing. If that's a normal dog Araki needs to get his brain checked. My 5 year-old nephew draws better dogs that that.

And Part 2 > 3, of course.

I don't think Araki has brain problems it's just that it's one of the Araki things that he does. I'm sure that in the future the dog will turn full pony as Araki changes his mind

Ezalc

I was thinking, guys what band is the most referenced in Jojo? I think it's probably between the Beatles, Queen and AC/DC. Maybe Prince.

Astarte

I think it's Queen; Another One Bites the Dust, Sheer Heart Attack, Bohemian Rhapsody, Made in Heaven...I think there's a chapter named Ogre Battle.

Ezalc

In the same vein though there is for AC/DC: AC/DC, Highway to Hell, Ball Breaker, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, arc named High Voltage. I think we're both missing stuff for these two bands too.

JayEH

Didn't realize how easy the (Star) Platinum was in All Star Battle so I spent a couple of hours today finishing that up. My fourth (Star) Platinum!

Come to think of it, why didn't they call the Platinum trophy Star Platinum? Missed opportunity.

I was thinking, guys what band is the most referenced in Jojo? I think it's probably between the Beatles, Queen and AC/DC. Maybe Prince.

If you count Purple Haze Feedback, Jimi Hendrix. There's like 5 or 6 new stands in that all named after Hendrix songs (Voodoo Child, All Along the Watchtower, Purple Haze itself.)
If you count outside of Stands, probably AC/DC.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
XSIG9sg.gif

I'm going to say the same thing I do every time someone who isn't caught up comes in here.

*ahem*

HEY COOL DUDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS IS THE MANGA SPOILER THREAD THERE ARE SPOILERS EVERYWHERE LEAVE NOW AND COME BACK WHEN YOU'RE CAUGHT UP OR EEEEEELSE

XSIG9sg.gif

I'm going to say the same thing I do every time someone who isn't caught up comes in here.

*ahem*

HEY COOL DUDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS IS THE MANGA SPOILER THREAD THERE ARE SPOILERS EVERYWHERE LEAVE NOW AND COME BACK WHEN YOU'RE CAUGHT UP OR EEEEEELSE
If there's a thread for the anime then please point me towards it.

Gazoinks

XSIG9sg.gif

*ahem*

Could we get a mod to add mention of manga spoilers to the title? It's kind of an unspoken rule that needs to become spoken.

Could we get a mod to add mention of manga spoilers to the title? It's kind of an unspoken rule that needs to become spoken.

I know at this point most people wouldn't read the OP but I gave at least two spoiler warnings damn it

ANIME ONLY WATCHERS, YOU ARE WELCOMED, BUT ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK OF BEING SPOILED

-ALL SPOILERS WILL BE UNMARKED. The exception to this is Jojolion since it is still being serialized, and maybe the final arc of Steel Ball Run.

JayEH

If there's a thread for the anime then please point me towards it.

The one for the first season is probably dead at this point since the anime is onto Stardust Crusaders. If you just want to chat about what you're watching right now you can do it here but you'll just want to watch out for spoilers for other parts. Just skip through posts that aren't yours :p

I don't mind talking about the show with you though.

The one for the first season is probably dead at this point since the anime is onto Stardust Crusaders. If you just want to chat about what you're watching right now you can do it here but you'll just want to watch out for spoilers for other parts. Just skip through posts that aren't yours :p
Ok thanks. Sounds doable.

I think Johnny is the only one with a progressive stand development. Gappy as well, maybe.
Giorno and Jotaro just get an endgame power boost from out of nowhere.

JayEH

I wouldn't say Joseph/Jotaro/Josuke developed them naturally either tho. Unless activation by Dio getting one counts as natural.

That isn't getting pierced by an arrow though which to me is the "unnatural" way of getting a stand. This is just me having the opinion that the arrow is bullshit though. I really wished it just wasn't introduced and it was just accepted that some people just started to be born with stands.

Archgan

That isn't getting pierced by an arrow though which to me is the "unnatural" way of getting a stand. This is just me having the opinion that the arrow is bullshit though. I really wished it just wasn't introduced and it was just accepted that some people just started to be born with stands.

But didn't Dio get his stand by being pierced by an arrow and by extension that is how Joseph/Jotaro/Josuke got their stands? Or am I forgetting how Dio got his?

JayEH

But didn't Dio get his stand by being pierced by an arrow and by extension that is how Joseph/Jotaro/Josuke got their stands? Or am I forgetting how Dio got his?

Yeah he got pierced by it. I definitely didn't like that. If I'm remembering this correctly, Stands are connected to Hamon right? So the story could have been that Jonathan's body developed a stand in the 100 years between parts 2 and 3 and the Joestar bloodline is so strong that stands are passed on throughout generations.

I'll just continue to hate the arrow and pretend it doesn't exist...

Some people, like Avdol, were born with Stands.

jgminto

There are still people who don't get their stands from the arrow in Stone Ocean.

edit: So people were talking about Araki forgetting how to draw dogs earlier...

tumblr_nfw0dtHrFr1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg

The JoJolion chapter is up.

I like Joubin's stand design, the little we saw of it.
I am glad this bug fighting is over with. It was cool for a while, then there was a round two and a huge break, and I'm just ready for the plot to move forward.

jgminto

Yeah I've noticed. I just want everyone to get their stands naturally :p

The arrow giving users stands never bothered me, it didn't really change how the story structure or battles worked. There are other problems with the arrow of course, but that is entirely different.

I am glad this bug fighting is over with. It was cool for a while, then there was a round two and a huge break, and I'm just ready for the plot to move forward.

i2viT8brfQLOt.png

Astarte

There are still people who don't get their stands from the arrow in Stone Ocean.

edit: So people were talking about Araki forgetting how to draw dogs earlier...

tumblr_nfw0dtHrFr1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg

Iggy what happened to you

I kinda grew fond of bug fighting though. I guess I was just tsundere

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The English Manga of Phantom Blood was reduced by $5 to pre-order at Amazon. It was previously $15, now $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom