• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Changing to a monthly schedule when it got published in a different Jump. I hope you're ready for 4+ years of waiting for JoJolion.

I don't mind waiting. I'm 23 chapters into SBR right now and have marathoned the entire series since September. I think I'll take a break when I'm done with 7 :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I rather read it when it's complete. From the looks of it, it will be quite a while.

But what if you die by the time JoJolion finishes in 2024 and never get to read any of it?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's ok. An alternate universe version of me will read an alternate universe version of Jojo.

0rIS6VE.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
We might need at least 5 more beetle fights before we learn anything about anything.

Watch them find out about the world resets and spend the rest of the series trying to fix it.

JayEH

I honestly have no idea how Jojo was ever in a shonen magazine. I don't read much manga but the stuff that happens in Jojo can get really dark/gory and doesn't seem like it follows much of a PG-13 format.

Edit: Freaking Mountain Tim. Why did you die for a girl who just hit puberty?

We might need at least 5 more beetle fights before we learn anything about anything.

Watch them find out about the world resets and spend the rest of the series trying to fix it.
I honestly want jojo to end with part 13 so that there can be 6 parts in the phantom blood universe and 6 parts in the SBR universe and have the final part be a gigantic jojo super sentai team up to defeat DIO once more who has merged with god and become beyond god.

JayEH

1. I'm getting a bit tired of the main villain's stand being super complicated in nature.
2. Fuck Diego. Wekapipo didn't deserve that.

1. I'm getting a bit tired of the main villain's stand being super complicated in nature.
Main villians have to always have super op stands.
I think its so theyll be opposite to the protag who have pretty simple stands
jotaro: punches shit
josuke: punches shit and can heal stuff
giorno: can give life to things
joleyne: make things into string
jhonny: can shoot his fingernails.

JayEH

Main villians have to always have super op stands.
I think its so theyll be opposite to the protag who have pretty simple stands
jotaro: punches shit
josuke: punches shit and can heal stuff
giorno: can give life to things
joleyne: make things into string
jhonny: can shoot his fingernails.

I don't mind it being op I do mind that it's super hard to explain/understand. Dio is the only main villain's who has a stand that can be easily understood and I guess Pucci also before his gets to stage 3.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gio's stand, even without Requiem, is totally busted.

jgminto

Well, Dio's stand was meant to be difficult to understand at first, it just wasn't though. And the main villain stand of SBR isn't difficult to understand once it's explained, it's just presented in a mysterious way at first.

Ezalc

The only thing hard to understand about Killer Queen is Bites the Dust. Otherwise it's extremely simple in nature. The same could be said for D4C but like jgminto said it only becomes obvious later as to what's happening. King Crimson on the other hand still has debates as to what the fuck it does, and Made in Heaven is just weird since it went through three stages to get to it's "final form".

Bites the Dust in theory is supposed to kill anyone who finds out about Kira's secret and then reset the day a la All You Need is Kill until everyone who could potentially pose a threat to Kira is dead. The wrinkles in its power are that Kira's knowledge of the reset seems to vary from chapter to chapter (and really, this would only be a worthwhile power if he could remember what happens during each loop) and that even after killing off the entire main cast of Part 3 it continues to reset the day, which makes me think that it was initially written without the "resets the day" part in mind, instead just serving as a fool-proof way to safeguard Kira's secret. The way it's ultimately written is interesting, but kinda sloppy.

jgminto

Bites the Dust in theory is supposed to kill anyone who finds out about Kira's secret and then reset the day a la All You Need is Kill until everyone who could potentially pose a threat to Kira is dead. The wrinkles in its power are that Kira's knowledge of the reset seems to vary from chapter to chapter (and really, this would only be a worthwhile power if he could remember what happens during each loop) and that even after killing off the entire main cast of Part 3 it continues to reset the day, which makes me think that it was initially written without the "resets the day" part in mind, instead just serving as a fool-proof way to safeguard Kira's secret. The way it's ultimately written is interesting, but kinda sloppy.

I think it just resets the day whenever somebody new is killed by Bites the Dust. So if Kira didn't get spotted by Josuke and call back Killer Queen it wouldn't reset again and he would have been able to remove it from Hayato.

I think it just resets the day whenever somebody new is killed by Bites the Dust. So if Kira didn't get spotted by Josuke and call back Killer Queen it wouldn't reset again and he would have been able to remove it from Hayato.

I thought he only retracted because Killer Queen can't defend him while in Bites the Dust mode? Otherwise, wouldn't it cancel out the deaths of the cast as soon as he removed it?

jgminto

I thought he only retracted because Killer Queen can't defend him while in Bites the Dust mode? Otherwise, wouldn't it cancel out the deaths of the cast as soon as he removed it?

That is why he called it back but if he called it back after they had already died they would have stayed dead. I'm pretty sure he even said that he would call it back soon once they were all dead as well.

JayEH

King Crimson took some time for me to understand but I think I was able to get it. He's essentially sees in the future if someone is going to punch him, thus he moves to the side, then he "resumes" time and the person who was trying to punch him and already done the punching motion but doesn't remember doing any of that. So King Crimson is essentially "erasing" time.

Can Kira use Bite the Dust for whatever he wants or only for keeping his secret?

Astarte

"Who Shot Johnny"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953095

NEW JOJO GAME

I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM VERY EXCITED AND ANGRY
I MEAN, DOING A 3D ARENA GAME WOULD CAUSE AN EASIER CREATION OF GREAT CINEMATIC MOMENTS IN STORY MODE BUT I REALLY LIKED THE ACTUAL 2D FIGHTING OF ASB. COMBOS WERE REALLY FUN TO DO AND NAILING BITES THE DUST OFF OF AN UNBLOCKABLE WAS THE COOLEST SHIT

JayEH

Hopefully this game is in the same vein as the the GioGio game on PS2/ naruto games. I'm not great at fighters so I'd enjoy something like that.

Anyway, I finished SBR on Saturday. So if I'm ranking everything it would be:

1. Stardust Crusaders
2. Diamond is Unbreakable (this is the best one though)
3. Battle Tendency
4. Steel Ball Run
5. Stone Ocean
6. Phantom Blood
7. Vento Aureo

The three best Jojos being: Jotaro, Johnny, and Joseph.
Worst GioGio: Giorno

Edit: Hmmm the same voice actor for Dio is playing Diego? Does the mean the same voice actor for Jonathan will play Johnny? That wasn't the case for ASB.

jgminto

Hopefully this game is in the same vein as the the GioGio game on PS2/ naruto games. I'm not great at fighters so I'd enjoy something like that.

1. Stardust Crusaders
3. Battle Tendency
4. Steel Ball Run
5. Stone Ocean
6. Phantom Blood
7. Vento Aureo

Edit: Hmmm the same voice actor for Dio is playing Diego? Does the mean the same voice actor for Jonathan will play Johnny? That wasn't the case for ASB.

Well Dio and Deigo are very similar so it makes sense. That doesn't work for Johnny.

Squishy3

1. Stardust Crusaders
3. Battle Tendency
4. Steel Ball Run
5. Stone Ocean
6. Phantom Blood
7. Vento Aureo

Johnny VA will still voice Johnny, Dio VA will voice Diego... because well, he's still the same person. Still Dio, he just didn't get shipped off to the Joestar estate and became a horse jockey dinosaur instead of a vampire.

Johnny is very different from Jonathan so of course his voice would be different. Diego could easily pass as a literal clone of Dio, it makes more sense for him to have Dio's voice.

Squishy3

Diego=/=Dio.

But can't change what has already been done. I just hope Diego can go full Jurassic Park.
I don't think they're going to be dumb enough to have horseback Dio with The World and not also have Dino. Maybe they could have both as a toggle on character select, but no way we aren't getting Dino.

KarasuEXE

So how about that: we know little about the game, but it has some sort of "tag action" right? What if you are playing with Diego and your tag partner is Valentine, and their special combo is replacing your character for Diego with
The World
?

Ezalc

1. Stardust Crusaders
3. Battle Tendency
4. Steel Ball Run
5. Stone Ocean
6. Phantom Blood
7. Vento Aureo

Jotaro and Stardust Crusaders as best? What.

Anyway, I agree that Diego and Dio should be treated as two separate people and not share a voice actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom