• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I always assumed Diego had a different voice and that
ZA WARUDO Diego had Dio's voice.

Ezalc

You deep down it's true.

Only reason Jotaro isn't my most disliked Jojo is because of Giorno's stupid hair and the whole gangstar thing. Also, Stardust Crusaders was pretty boring compared to other stand parts and to the whole of Joseph in part 2 and Dio's antics in part 1.

JayEH

Only reason Jotaro isn't my most disliked Jojo is because of Giorno's stupid hair and the whole gangstar thing. Also, Stardust Crusaders was pretty boring compared to other stand parts and to the whole of Joseph in part 2 and Dio's antics in part 1.

I will take any chance I get to rip on Giorno but not about his hair. He has the best hair in the series. I need those luscious locks.

Anyway I just like Jotaro but he's calm, collected, and knows what he wants to get done. I like Stardust Crusaders because it's just one big roadtrip where two Jojos and their friends are out to finish the fight with their family's arch nemesis. I'm also a sucker for stories where characters are selfless and are willing to sacrifice themselves and we saw that with Iggy, Avdol, and Kakyoin.

We didn't really see that again until Stone Ocean where everyone is trying to fend off Pucci and Jolyne sacrifices herself to keep Emporio alive. Part 4 was just a wacky Japanese town high school adventure (which was great) and 5 we see a couple of characters die but kind of lamely.

This is why Jojo community is so cool, we all have different opinions.

Except on Part 5 which everyone hates except me and I'll defend it to the end, while also admitting its flaws.

I didn't like Stardust Crusaders both times I read it. But for some reason I warmed up to it more with the anime adaptation probably because David Production has budget now. I read DUWANG Part 4 though so I can't really say I cared too much for it either, although I might re-read it for a third time now the translation is all finished.

My favourite part is still 5 and the best part IMO is still part 7.

Tizoc

tumblr_ngq7habRju1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg
#swag
#betyoucantposelikethisfor10minutesstraight

I liked Part 4 best because I think it had the best main character, supporting cast, and villain. The interaction between characters is the best in the series as well, simply due to the more relaxed pace and structure (Parts 3 and 5 go by so fast that they don't spend much time developing the group as a whole, focusing specifically on Jotaro and Polnareff for the majority of it).

Stone Ocean's probably my second-favourite, if only for its wildly inventive fights and FF being the best character in all of JJBA.

Where's the "adventure"?

Tons of stuff. There was investigating a supposedly-abandoned house, being kidnapped by a megalomaniacal stalker, getting trapped in a never-ending alleyway, and so on. It was more about the little adventures than one large, grand one, but I think it had a better sense of adventure than any other part nonetheless.

jgminto

I would say it fits best for Stardust Crusaders and Steel Ball Run. They're actual globe/country spanning adventures. Diamond is Unbreakable is more about the gang just hanging out and doing stuff, it's certainly not some epic adventure but it's not meant to be.

Tizoc

tumblr_ngt50wAZM81qjqehno1_1280.png

OK guys why is Josuke of all the JoJos shown here with Jotaro?

This is def. a sign that the Part 4 anime is coming, oh sure we might get it as early as Winter 2015, but out of all the JoJos they could've shown, they chose Josuke.

Also this is a dog
tumblr_ngtb9mPi281qepum0o1_1280.jpg

Tizoc

I think it's pretty safe to say we will get part 4 anime.

and I may not be unjuniored to make the OT T.T.

The Chef episode is gonna be bonkers animated, and will everyone despair that such a thing will never occur in real life; who doesn't want to eat authentic Italian food that'll rid of them of their bodily disorders and revitalize them?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I always imagined that the "adventure" was that of the Jostar bloodline dealing with the inexplicable forces it became permanently entwined with.

It's simply a bizarre adventure through the generations.

JayEH

I hope they have more SBR characters. Don't those Naruto games have over 100 characters in them? Jojo should get the same treatment.

I hope they have more SBR characters. Don't those Naruto games have over 100 characters in them? Jojo should get the same treatment.

At some point it gets kind of hard with Stands though.
How do you make a full moveset for Survivor, Beach Boys, Notorious B.I.G. and Cheap Trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom