• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

You don't need to put the crazy stands like Biggie in but there's plenty of people missing from ASB that could work in a game.

Tizoc

Spreadin' some Diego love
tumblr_ngy591Y5VT1r9t1kmo1_500.png

tumblr_ngymo68lVI1r9t1kmo1_1280.png

Ezalc

Here I was trying to remember the shooter from part 6 when I saw that picture then realized that he was a sniper not a dude with two handguns.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Part 5 is great, most consistently awesome fights in the series.
Agreed. Story is lower tier (not the worst - hello Part 1) but the fights were all amazing. Giacco/White Album fight is easily in the top 3. And the story had its moments, too.

Nero is the true villain of Part 5, IMO. Sure, Diavolo is a crazy bastard with a weird time ability, and Nero only shows up briefly, but he was the leader behind the first half (or more) of the fights in Part 5 and he was a much cooler and more charismatic character. Having an ability that makes sense is a plus, too.

Beckx

I thought I'd be immune from Eyes of Heaven hype given how disappointed I was by ASB but there you are.

Finally trying to push through Part V now myself. The first four volumes (the Shizuka Joestar translation) are so good, with a lot of nuance and character, and then you're left with the old translation, with bad scans and a flat tone and it's like hitting a brick wall.

Still I'm up to 54 now and Buccellati is really growing on me as a JoJo buddy.

JayEH

I thought I'd be immune from Eyes of Heaven hype given how disappointed I was by ASB but there you are.

Finally trying to push through Part V now myself. The first four volumes (the Shizuka Joestar translation) are so good, with a lot of nuance and character, and then you're left with the old translation, with bad scans and a flat tone and it's like hitting a brick wall.

Still I'm up to 54 now and Buccellati is really growing on me as a JoJo buddy.

Oh that explains why I started disliking 5 as it went on. I thought it had so much potential then it fell flat to me.

Beckx

Oh that explains why I started disliking 5 as it went on. I thought it had so much potential then it fell flat to me.

Yeah. After the first time I tried Part V, I decided to wait for Shizuka, but it doesn't look like any more volumes are coming any time soon.

jgminto

Well now that the people doing the coloured scans have reached the end of the already retranslated stuff they've said they're going to start translating themselves as well. If it's a good translation it should mean it'll move forward more regularly.

New JoJolion chapter is out. Nosebleed hype!
I thought we were getting close to some answers, but was that Kosaku Kawajiri at the end? I'm even more confused.

Astarte

I half expected Gappy to punch through the tissue box and knock Joubin out. That was a great chapter, Paisley Park finally doing something is pretty good.

Tizoc

tumblr_nh3z6nUpMA1s2kojso1_1280.png

Words to live by.

tumblr_nca4q5Qkbh1rpn9x9o1_1280.jpg

DAMNIT ARAKI YOU ONLY HAD ONE JOB!

tumblr_nh1qijGMc81s2kojso1_1280.png

If I knew of this in advance I would've made Joseph my avatar lol.

2 WEEKS TIL SEASON 2 OF PART 3, GET HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE!

Speaking of colors
tumblr_n2fpnb4ORX1ryzvxro1_1280.png

Dat Gyro belt

tumblr_n2fpnb4ORX1ryzvxro7_1280.png

Ummm...you done gonna get...arped? I can't tell, King Crimson seems more 'WTFed' at what happened to Giorno to even attack Mista/Trish.

tumblr_n2fpnb4ORX1ryzvxro3_1280.png

That's gotta be the wussiest kick I've seen in a JoJo series.

tumblr_n2fpnb4ORX1ryzvxro5_1280.png

aechris

This thread and the upcoming relaunch of the latter half of Stardust Crusaders is getting me so hype for the chance of Diamond in Unbreakable being animated. I found this on Youtube - how amazing would this be for an opening? It goes in a completely different direction from what we've seen to this point, but tonally, Part 4 is so different from everything so far that I wouldn't change much about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvi3TXTXbo0

How funny would it be to watch someone get smacked with this as a first-time viewer after coming off that Dio fight, haha.

JayEH

Reread the final battle of Part 3 in preparation for the season starting and I'm wondering what does Jotaro tell Kakyoin's parent? He died in a plane crash? He saved the world from a vampire? Pretend he never knew him?

He's the only side character that would be in that situation besides Shigekiyo in part 4. I actually got pretty sad when Shigekiyo died knowing his parents would never know what happened to him.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's not even an adventure, really. Just bug fights and small town politics.

lol at those subtle spoilers in the new op

I have mixed feelings on the new op. It definitely has that manly and awesome feeling, but it just doesn't have that "oh man I have got to sing along to this" feel so far :/

Maybe it'll grow on me

dan2026

Both the opening and the ending were great.

Particularly the ending.

Nice to see Hermes and Jolyne in the commercial as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom