• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that my problem with the op is that I really do like each section of the song individually, but as a whole it feels like it's lacking something.

I do love it visually tho. I liked how they had Iggy stand on Polnareff's shoulder during the group shot.

I think that my problem with the op is that I really do like each section of the song individually, but as a whole it feels like it's lacking something.

I do love it visually tho. I liked how they had Iggy stand on Polnareff's shoulder during the group shot.

It's the slow start and weak ending, the climax up to the spoiler part is pretty fantastic and I'm not very kind to the anime.

The new opening's pretty okay in my book. The song isn't as inherently catchy as the prior three, but the visuals are top-notch (if hilariously chock-full of spoilers) and it ends strongly.

I really wish the ED was Holy Diver though...

Totally hoping for Don't Stop Me Now as Part IV's ED.

I think the main problem is that it cant work by itself. Like all the other openings can work as normal songs while this one is just a jojo song, it cant be seen as just a normal song. Its too on the nose about being Jojo.

E the Shaggy

I just finished the first season of this and man, am I hooked now.

This series has me yelling in excitement during so many scenes. I literally yelled, "FUCK YEAH STROHEIM!" when he showed up to help out Jojo against Cars.

Reknoc

I think the main problem is that it cant work by itself. Like all the other openings can work as normal songs while this one is just a jojo song, it cant be seen as just a normal song. Its too on the nose about being Jojo.

I haven't the heard the new one yet but the first OP had a constant backing vocal saying JoJo and ended with a long drawn out yell of JoJo. That's pretty on the nose.

Lunar15

But seriously, what's the ending going to be? This is vital.

Also, that opening sounds like a Musical. Like a Jojo Musical.

Ezalc

Last Train Home is kind of like Roundabout, both are pretty chill songs but I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. Both the new OP and ED are so muted compared to the old ones of not only season 1 but the other two parts. I'm thinking we'd get some amazing blood pumping hype inducing rock and shit, instead we got some pretty muted songs.

I guess I'll be the odd man out and say that I like the new OP. My initial reaction towards it was that it was just average compared to the other ones, but after listening to it a few times it grew on me. It's clearly going for a different approach than the other three OPs and I appreciate that. Imo, I think it's better than Stand Proud, but worse than So No chi and Bloody Stream.

sjack

Banned
Like others have mentioned, the songs and tone are too muted for what is supposed to be the conclusive part of the story and also Part 1-3 as a whole. The lack of DIO makes me believe that this won't be the only OP and ED, and that this is something to wet our appetites until he shows up.

Both the opening and the ending were great.

Particularly the ending.

Nice to see Hermes and Jolyne in the commercial as well.

Oh, that's nice! Kinda excited to see this commercial now. Is it YouTube or something already?
---
I didn't like the new OP the first time I heard it but now I'm already loving it. But it seems we will have two this season, there's a surprising lack of Dio in it.

Phatmac

So glad that jojo is back in my life. Didn't think that the intro was all that great but I'll accept it due to how rad the visuals are. Slow start with the intro of iggy honestly thought it took too long. Nice that we got a new enemy stand this episode and I'll expect Jotaro to come up with a good plan next week.

Astral

I'm starting to love the opening. I love how subtle they are with the spoilers. The pendulum throughout the whole thing, Avdol, Iggy, and Polnareff vs. Vanilla Ice, Kakyoin's final attack, Joseph getting "killed," and the knives aimed at Jotaro. It's too bad we don't get to see much of Dio or The World (just its arms at the end), but I guess that's what happens when your villain shows up at the very end of the series. The ending isn't very hype but it's gonna definitely bring the feels near the end. This season is going to be amazing.

I'm starting to love the opening. I love how subtle they are with the spoilers. The pendulum throughout the whole thing, Avdol, Iggy, and Polnareff vs. Vanilla Ice, Kakyoin's final attack, Joseph getting "killed," and the knives aimed at Jotaro. It's too bad we don't get to see much of Dio or The World (just its arms at the end), but I guess that's what happens when your villain shows up at the very end of the series. The ending isn't very hype but it's gonna definitely bring the feels near the end. This season is going to be amazing.

I love how visually it had a time theme with the pendulum and all those gears at the beginning and at the desert segment. Also, I didn't think much about the part with the crusaders going up the stairs while the shadows of the Egyptian gods showed up, but then I noticed that they were frozen in time except for Jotaro who managed to start moving at the end.

Brilliant

I love how visually it had a time theme with the pendulum and all those gears at the beginning and at the desert segment. Also, I didn't think much about the part with the crusaders going up the stairs while the shadows of the Egyptian gods showed up, but then I noticed that they were frozen in time except for Jotaro who managed to start moving at the end.

Brilliant

Yeah, it's not just total spoilers like Battle Tendency's OP. This one is far more subtle.

Hmm, that photo they took thats in the ED was in Part 4 or 5 wasn't it?

JayEH

Brilliant

giphy.gif

Astral

Brilliant

Oh shit. I did not catch that. I'm still hoping for some small changes when the series gets to the end, like some MUDAs or something. They'll probably just add some sound effects like usual though.

Yeah, it's not just total spoilers like Battle Tendency's OP. This one is far more subtle.

Yup, it was one of those additions they make to have better continuity between parts, just like adding the star birthmark to Jonathan and Joseph when it should be visible in parts 1 and 2 when it originally didn't exist at that point in the manga..

Another thing I noticed in the OP, at 0:54 Jotaro's finger wiggles ever so slightly. You'll probably have to watch it multiple times to even notice it. Also at 0:51 Avdol is trying to warn Iggy and Polnareff. There's a bunch of other stuff that has been pointed out like Kakyoin's Heirophant Green being cut by DIO, the knives being thrown at Joseph and Jotaro in the same spots at 0:50. Probably the best OP (visually) from this standpoint.

Also this

Squishy3

Another thing I noticed in the OP, at 0:54 Jotaro's finger wiggles ever so slightly. You'll probably have to watch it multiple times to even notice it. Also at 0:51 Avdol is trying to warn Iggy and Polnareff. There's a bunch of other stuff that has been pointed out like Kakyoin's Heirophant Green being cut by DIO, the knives being thrown at Joseph and Jotaro in the same spots at 0:50. Probably the best OP (visually) from this standpoint.

Also this
Well the big thing is the shot of the staircase is moving forward ever so slightly like time is jumping forward and then Jotaro begins to move at the end of it. I can't wait for the lyrics for the song to be translated.

JayEH

I was wondering if that scene is in the manga the entire time. Cool of David Productions to add little details like that. (Though I think the pic in part 5 is slightly different?)

It's literally the only time in the series when they're all together.

Well, there's that one brief moment before they venture into Dio's castle right before they get seperated for the Vanilla Ice and D'arby the Younger fights, but that would hardly have been an appropriate time for a photo op considering how grave the situation was.

jgminto

Well, there's that one brief moment before they venture into Dio's castle right before they get seperated for the Vanilla Ice and D'arby the Younger fights, but that would hardly have been an appropriate time for a photo op considering how grave the situation was.

Ah, that's right. I thought Kakyoin arrived later for some reason.

Squishy3

Ah, that's right. I thought Kakyoin arrived later for some reason.
Yeah, it's after this fight that Kakyoin is gone for awhile, because of the damage to his eyes. Next fight is Oingo and Boingo. I hope they animate the comics in that style, don't let me down David Pro.

Astral

I keep rewatching the new opening in hopes of finding some kind of hint of Part 4, like the glimpses of Hermit Purple in Bloody Stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom