• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
M034OGv.png

Don't ever change, Kamiya.

Squishy3

Well that would have required Araki to have awakened a time travelling stand to travel a year or two into the future to read the doujin.
What if Araki is not a vampire but just has a special version of D4C that can also travel through time, thus allowing him to replace himself with younger versions of himself from parallel universes. The Araki that wrote parts 1-3 is the original Araki of this universe, then the Araki that wrote parts 4-6 is another, and then the Araki that wrote 7 and now 8 is yet another. This would explain why he never ages and why everything after part 3 is so different!

What if Araki is not a vampire but just has a special version of D4C that can also travel through time, thus allowing him to replace himself with younger versions of himself from parallel universes. The Araki that wrote parts 1-3 is the original Araki of this universe, then the Araki that wrote parts 4-6 is another, and then the Araki that wrote 7 and now 8 is yet another. This would explain why he never ages and why everything after part 3 is so different!

Hey if it works as a miracle weight-loss technique with Valentine...

aechris

[ IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/7b1aeec2636908ff8106b9075d96cc57/tumblr_ni7gaew8db1ryjouvo1_400.gif[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://ep.yimg.com/ay/matrixcollectibles/super-figure-action-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-5-king-crimson-hirohiko-araki-specify-color-pre-order-5.gif[/IMG]

This is incredible!

Tizoc

tumblr_nad0a9ymXX1r0bee2o1_1280.png

Peek-a-boo!

tumblr_ni791wMKsK1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

It's just a mouse Johnny, chill...

tumblr_ni6xkd0Dec1s2kojso1_1280.png

tumblr_ni4sqiz2AY1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

Italy is a strange country

tumblr_ni35mxPQ7u1s2kojso1_1280.png

We should tease the Part 4 anime thread with that :V

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I was wondering how it'd even work, but then I read "summons his Ogre Street friends to help him in battle." That's actually a great idea for him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol at the subs changing Oingo and Boingo's names when everything in the episode says otherwise
This happened in All-Star Battle as well. For some reason, as long as the subtitles say differently, the characters are allowed to say the names that'd otherwise fall under copyright issues. For example, you can clearly hear the names of Aerosmith & Sticky Fingers being said by the VAs despite the subtitles saying "Li'l Bomber" & "Zipper Man".

Maybe that's why the dub has been taking a while since they have to figure out if they'd be allowed to say the original names in English or have to use the ones made for the US subtitles.

Beckx

lol at the subs changing Oingo and Boingo's names when everything in the episode says otherwise

They do this all the time. Like last season they didn't bleep out the audio for Steely Dan and J.Geil.

It's just a risk assessment that you don't have to expunge all evidence. But here with text it just starts getting weird.

B7fisE1IAAAmdYJ.png

I can imagine the discussion went something like this:

Lawyer: you're really running a risk if you keep it Oingo Boingo.

Business: Okay. We'll change it. Oh, shit, there's some text, we don't have time to change it and hit the air date, can we leave that?

Lawyer: well, there's some risk there but it's probably okay.

Business: Yay!

That's how these things go.

Siegcram

I think the assumption "I bet Aerosmith will let me do whatever I want" would end in tears.
Sure, but Oingo Boingo? Freaking J. Geil's band?

Can't imagine those retainers to still be running. Doesn't matter to me anyways, since the japanese synch has the original names.
It's just amusing.

Squishy3

Can't imagine those retainers to still be running. Doesn't matter to me anyways, since the japanese synch has the original names.
It's just amusing.
I mean, Danny Elfman is still famous, so he'd probably care a little bit. It is funny to see the weird name changes or pulls from other things.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I love those Gucci specials. Araki basically shoves a character into a random location and they discover the power of Gucci and friendship.

And space-time-bending.

fertygo

It's just amusing.

Those band in dismay contain as much risk if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom