• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Skimming the manga to see how it looked uncensored and man, the manga artist looks really out of place even for a bit character:

4KBOhpS.png

The Toriyama eyes especially stand out, but the hair is weird as well even in a manga with Polnareff and Kakyoin.

Siegcram

I'm pretty sure the manga artist's design is a reference to Toriyama's manga Sandland. Its main character looks really similar.
So you're on point.

Reknoc

They look similar but Sand Land wasn't made until 2000.

Maybe it's supposed to be Toriyama and Araki was being really passive aggressive lol

Siegcram

Oh wow, I had the timeline seriously messed up in my head then. Although for all we know Araki is time travelling.

But spiky hair and glasses is a pretty stereotypical japanese design, I'm sure some other manga protagonist fits.

Reknoc

Yea, it's really weird though the eyes and hair are Toriyama as fuck, he's a manga artist, and no other character really looks that as far as I'm aware (since it's been ages since I read part 3 and I'm no rush to do so again).

Erigu

Araki is a DB fan (Koichi = Gohan and Echoes = Cell)
I don't know that Araki is a Dragon Ball fan, really. Do you have a source?
(also, Kōichi was based on another character with the same name from Mashōnen B.T.... that's a couple of years before Dragon Ball even started)

I don't know that Araki is a Dragon Ball fan, really. Do you have a source?
(also, Kōichi was based on another character with the same name from Mashōnen B.T.... that's a couple of years before Dragon Ball even started)

Well, there is this video, and it's from 1980 before Araki really did anything and before DB started.
That's about all I can find.

Erigu

Well, there is this video, and it's from 1980 before Araki really did anything and before DB started.
They're not celebrating Araki's birthday at all (why would they? as you pointed out yourself, the guy basically was an unknown at the time). That's the ceremony for the 20th Tezuka Award. Toriyama drawing Arale there doesn't mean much of anything about Araki being a fan of his.

They're not celebrating Araki's birthday at all (why would they? as you pointed out yourself, the guy basically was an unknown at the time). That's the ceremony for the 20th Tezuka Award. Toriyama drawing Arale there doesn't mean much of anything about Araki being a fan of his.

Well I guess you're right then about there not really being any proof of Araki being a fan, but given who Toriyama is most Jump Mangaka are fans of his.
I still say Koichi and Echoes are tributes.

So, I gotta speak my mind about some Jojo stuff...

I was introduced to JJBA in the mid-90s by my best friend who was a pretty crazy fan of the series. He ran an online site for the longest time under the name noriaki_kakyouin. He had these crazy fan-subbed VHS tapes of the OVA and that was my first exposure to the series. When I got a little older, I started reading the manga and got pretty far into the series.

This friend of mine died last year and enjoying Jojo just isn't the same any more. I had picked up All Star Battle a couple months before it happened and he was so exicted to get to play it, but he never got to. It's really been tough trying to read the new Jojolion chapters and watch the episodes as they come out. The newest ED hit me really hard to the point where I weapt after I saw it.

I love this series. I love how clever it is and how fabulous it is. I'm glad theres a place where I can talk about it now with other people who love it the same way I do. I lurked here a long time (at least a year) before my account got approved and I couldn't wait to post.

jgminto

I was introduced to JJBA in the mid-90s by my best friend who was a pretty crazy fan of the series. He ran an online site for the longest time under the name noriaki_kakyouin. He had these crazy fan-subbed VHS tapes of the OVA and that was my first exposure to the series. When I got a little older, I started reading the manga and got pretty far into the series.

This friend of mine died last year and enjoying Jojo just isn't the same any more. I had picked up All Star Battle a couple months before it happened and he was so exicted to get to play it, but he never got to. It's really been tough trying to read the new Jojolion chapters and watch the episodes as they come out. The newest ED hit me really hard to the point where I weapt after I saw it.

I love this series. I love how clever it is and how fabulous it is. I'm glad theres a place where I can talk about it now with other people who love it the same way I do. I lurked here a long time (at least a year) before my account got approved and I couldn't wait to post.

Sucks to hear about your friend, getting into it so early with him sounds like so much fun. I only got into it a few years ago just as it was getting bigger.

Did Meowth just go full on Jojo

My condolences about your friend. I'm not sure what to say other than to try to keep enjoying the series for him.

Squishy3

I hope they cycle through the OPs during the entirety of DIO's World.

Sono Chi no Sadame for when they go after him after leaving the mansion. Bloody Stream doesn't need to be used, since it's about the Pillar Men. Stand Proud should kick in when they first lock fists and oraoraora/mudamudamuda. Sono Chi No Kioku ~End of the World~ should kick in when Jotaro stops time for the last time, and it ends with the ORAORAORA vocals at the end when he finishes off Dio.

Last Train Home in my ideal scenario kicks in after the fight is done and they're in the ambulance performing the blood transfusion between Dio and Joseph (but the track abrubtly stops when Joseph wakes up and pretends to be Dio) but then kicks back in after Joseph reveals that he was joking, and it ends when Dio turns to dust after being exposed to sunlight.

I hope they cycle through the OPs during the entirety of DIO's World.

Sono Chi no Sadame for when they go after him after leaving the mansion. Bloody Stream doesn't need to be used, since it's about the Pillar Men. Stand Proud should kick in when they first lock fists and oraoraora/mudamudamuda. Sono Chi No Kioku ~End of the World~ should kick in when Jotaro stops time for the last time, and it ends with the ORAORAORA vocals at the end when he finishes off Dio.

Last Train Home in my ideal scenario kicks in after the fight is done and they're in the ambulance performing the blood transfusion between Dio and Joseph (but the track abrubtly stops when Joseph wakes up and pretends to be Dio) but then kicks back in after Joseph reveals that he was joking, and it ends when Dio turns to dust after being exposed to sunlight.

Then you close with this song as they depart at the airport

I think Last Train Home will kick in as soon as they get to the airport to say their goodbyes. Having JPP talk about the journey and how he'll always remember it and Holly waking up in Japan would be great with that music behind it.

ElFly

Gotta assume that Josuke was some guy who ate the fruit to repair something, and then fused with kira to repair whatever damage the fruit had done.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pretty sure I read the guy Oingo and Boingo stole the wallet from was supposed to be a caricature of Araki himself...

I think in the manga it mentioned he was a tourist from Japan as well (actually I think he reappears in a later chapter?)

Wow, I knew about Jotaro having his head split apart in both part 4 and 6, but I never noticed the bit with the photograph. If that really is a callback, that's incredibly awesome (although I guess it'd be uncharacteristic of Araki).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom