• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Finished Stone Ocean and now I want an official translation for that too. I went into both V and VI with lower expectations because of fan talk and loved both, but both suffer by the translation. Stone Ocean gets downright garbled at times.

My personal ranking atm:

4>7>3>5>6>2>1 (though there's not really much of a gap between places and I haven't read one yet that I haven't loved so there's that)

Diamond edges out SBR mainly because of the rushed two page wrap up that SBR got and has some of the best fights in the series. Oh, and the new Diamond translation is an easy read.

JayEH

Finished Stone Ocean and now I want an official translation for that too. I went into both V and VI with lower expectations because of fan talk and loved both, but both suffer by the translation. Stone Ocean gets downright garbled at times.

My personal ranking atm:

4>7>3>5>6>2>1 (though there's not really much of a gap between places, I haven't read one yet that I haven't loved so)

Diamond edges out SBR mainly because of the rushed two page wrap up that SBR got and has some of the best fights in the series.

I like your top 3.

I felt 6 has too much cursing in it. Almost every other line someone is cursing.

Beckx

I like your top 3.

I felt 6 has too much cursing in it. Almost every other line someone is cursing.

I don't feel the translation is reliable. Like it wouldn't surprise me to find out it has the same level of made up stuff as part V. (plus they're both translations of translations, right?)

Squishy3

I don't feel the translation is reliable. Like it wouldn't surprise me to find out it has the same level of made up stuff as part V. (plus they're both translations of translations, right?)
Part 6 is translated by the group that was doing the retranslation of Part 5. They also are responsible for the translation of Part 7.

Part 6 takes case in prison, of course there's abundant swearing. The official Namco translation for Jolyne in ASB also supports this theory, as her GHA is "How deep can I get? ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA! Balls deep!"

Beckx

Part 6 is translated by the group that was doing the retranslation of Part 5. They also are responsible for the translation of Part 7.

I know that the same Project name is on all of them. But the work is of lower quality, or seems so to me. (I don't care about cursing.)

Maybe they got better as they got more experience?

Siegcram

Part 6 takes case in prison, of course there's abundant swearing. The official Namco translation for Jolyne in ASB also supports this theory, as her GHA is "How deep can I get? ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA! Balls deep!"
I lost my shit when I first heard that. That and Josukes hair taunts are among my favorite things in that game.

JayEH

That translation was weird since it literally translates to "How long can I keep it up? 1000 throws!"

The line that went with works (and frankly is cooler) but still thought it was odd.

fertygo

My personal ranking atm:

4>7>3>5>6>2>1 (though there's not really much of a gap between places and I haven't read one yet that I haven't loved so there's that)

Diamond edges out SBR mainly because of the rushed two page wrap up that SBR got and has some of the best fights in the series. Oh, and the new Diamond translation is an easy read.

The first 3 volume of part 6 translation is terrible but the rest of it done by the the best scanlation team for jojos though, so I doubt that's your issue unless you somehow read the worse translated version.

The official Namco translation for Jolyne in ASB also supports this theory, as her GHA is "How deep can I get? ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA! Balls deep!"

The official Namco translation is pretty poor though tbh. "It's a truly roundabout path" is "It's pretty long for a shortcut." What?

Squishy3

The official Namco translation is pretty poor though tbh. "It's a truly roundabout path" is "It's pretty long for a shortcut." What?
They used that because Johnny follows Gyro through a more dangerous shortcut in the beginning. There's a 1000 meter difference between the route the rest of the racers took and the one Johnny and Gyro took.

It may not be what some people consider a good translation, but considering the idea was that the shortcut in the beginning was to put them in the lead for the rest of the race I think it's good. If only they didn't run into Jesus!

Do you think Pucci tried to recruit Giorno when he was heading to Cape Canaveral. I mean he recruited the rest of Dios kids why would he try to contact the strongest with the most OP stand.

Siegcram

Do you think Pucci tried to recruit Giorno when he was heading to Cape Canaveral. I mean he recruited the rest of Dios kids why would he try to contact the strongest with the most OP stand.
I doubt Giorno would have the desire to go back to being a henchman after coming out on top.

The rest of Dio's kids seemed to be pretty easily manipulated.

I doubt Giorno would have the desire to go back to being a henchman after coming out on top.

The rest of Dio's kids seemed to be pretty easily manipulated.
Well yeah but you think Pucci would at least try.
"Have you heard of our Lord and savior Dio Brando?"
"Fuck off"

Beckx

At a minimum he had to feel that same draw the other kids did, and sense the location of Pucci/Jolyne/Weather/etc.

More amusing is to think about Josuke and crew during the final days.

At a minimum he had to feel that same draw the other kids did, and sense the location of Pucci/Jolyne/Weather/etc.

More amusing is to think about Josuke and crew during the final days.
Probably just fucking around miroh town like always.
Theyre all probably employed now.

Ezalc

Well he would be biologically more Jonathan's child than Dio wouldn't he? Unless due to using Dio's brain that somehow would change the chemistry of Jonathan's body.

wwm0nkey

So Eyes of Heaven will be very interesting online, the R1 + attack functions are going to make for very interesting fights.

Really hope we get 2v2 and 1v1v1v1 modes and maybe a 3v1 mode where the 1 is super OP.

Beckx

Well he would be biologically more Jonathan's child than Dio wouldn't he? Unless due to using Dio's brain that somehow would change the chemistry of Jonathan's body.

Well, that holds true for the other three but didn't help them avoid looking like mad scientist experiments or victims of long standing inbreeding.

Oooh, theory: those three all got Dario's genes dominant. Greedy, grasping, cowardly, weird looking fucks.

So Eyes of Heaven will be very interesting online, the R1 + attack functions are going to make for very interesting fights.

Really hope we get 2v2 and 1v1v1v1 modes and maybe a 3v1 mode where the 1 is super OP.

The best news for me in the demo is that the game was actually fun to play. I did not enjoy playing ASB at all. It's still got janky stuff but this time the jank didn't kill the fun. All still very much TBD of course.

Well technically they should all be Jonathan's biologically tho so it's probably more because of the mothers.

Beckx

Well technically they should all be Jonathan's biologically tho so it's probably more because of the mothers.

Look if Dio's head can seamlessly integrate itself into a body anything is possible here. Last on the chart for me is "blame the mothers." Three apples all falling from the tree in the same place?

wwm0nkey

The best news for me in the demo is that the game was actually fun to play. I did not enjoy playing ASB at all. It's still got janky stuff but this time the jank didn't kill the fun. All still very much TBD of course.
I'm really excited for it. The movment and individual movesets are going to make for really cool fights.

Ezalc

Er neither were Jorge II nor Joseph and they turned out fine. I feel like Giorno was a case in which it was mostly still Jonathan's biology at work while with the other three it was Dio's lineage more dominant somehow.

JayEH

Er neither were Jorge II nor Joseph and they turned out fine. I feel like Giorno was a case in which it was mostly still Jonathan's biology at work while with the other three it was Dio's lineage more dominant somehow.

Yeah I'm joking since every protagonist after Joseph has some Japanese in them :p

Squishy3

Oh geez, I just realized the sun turns the show logo to dust at the end of the OP.

holy shit sasuga david pro

qJuiPYr.jpg

JayEH

There should be a spin off show called: Dr Kujo. It will be the story of how he got his doctorate and his early teaching career.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I once heard the suggestion that since older Jotaro knew how to force a living being to manifest their Stand, he could have experimented on marine life as a researcher, leading to a dolphin with a Stand named So Long and Thanks For All The Fish.

I once heard the suggestion that since older Jotaro knew how to force a living being to manifest their Stand, he could have experimented on marine life as a researcher, leading to a dolphin with a Stand named So Long and Thanks For All The Fish.
how did this theory spring up?
I still think Jotaro became a marine biologist cause he REALLY liked punching that shark.
tumblr_n5btxsYc6z1r9b5wlo1_r1_500.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
how did this theory spring up?
I still think Jotaro became a marine biologist cause he REALLY liked punching that shark.
tumblr_n5btxsYc6z1r9b5wlo1_r1_500.gif

I believe someone remarked it was a bit funny Jotaro of all people became an animal biologist after encountering so many animals with Stands, almost as if it made him curious about them.

So I finished Pert 6 finally.

My favorite part was the mangaka freaking out about his deadline and the only mangaka that is actually meeting his deadline is fucking Rohan.

God Rohans one of my favorite jojo characters and that little cameo made me happy and laugh out loud.

Also the climax was so fucking intense. Everyone dying except Emperio made me kinda sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom