• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY SHIT!
15OSkFl.png

FbeaxcDl.jpg

JayEH

Watch David Pro have the balls to somehow stick Pucci in somewhere. Maybe a picture of him in the mansion? I don't know.

Oh man...that would be awesome.

Maybe Jotaro can bump into him in a market or something like that. I wouldn't put it past them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eyes of Heaven trademarked in the US by Bandai Namco, making it seem possible that it's coming to the US. Hopefully we won't have to wait as long compared to All-Star Battle.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, think that was confirmed today. Hoping that means they also got the rights to the anime as well.

....which it seems they did, if there's an English logo.

jojosbizarreadventure-anime-logo.jpg

Hoping this means we'll finally hear news about that dub.

Yonafunu

Yeah, think that was confirmed today. Hoping that means they also got the rights to the anime as well.

Oh boy that logo is terrible. Looks like something I'd make in highschool.

Lets hope for Phantom blood and Battle Tendency dub

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Update: Viz confirmed that the agreement covers the merchandise based on the anime, not the anime itself."

UUUGGGHHHHH, someone confirm the actual damn licensing of the anime, damn it.

Astarte

That logo ain't lookin so hot but damn I am excited AF.
If they (or anyone...pls) reprint the Okuyasu SAS I will love them forever.

Squishy3

I am a little worried about the number of episodes.

If second season has actually 24 episodes and they devote 2 episodes to every opponent, they'll have reached Dio by episode 14. Some episodes will have to be dragged to 3 parts. I wonder which they are going to be.

Final encounter with Dio will be at least an epic 5 episode battle, so they'll reach him around episode 18-19 if they follow that route.
So here's how I think the episode count is going to play out:

We know Bastet is 2 episodes, and I think they'll have an introduction for Alessi at the end like they did for Oingo and Boingo, making him have just one episode and then also including the part with Hol Horse at the end. (This is possible if they don't have an ED for this episode.)

D'arby the Gambler is obviously going to be 2 episodes, and Hol Horse and Boingo will be one episode.

Pet Shop will be a multi-parter, but who knows how David will split it up (think this can be done in 2 episodes though) For D'arby the Gamer, it depends on if they linger on D'arby and Kakyoin's race. (Highly likely it will be 2 episodes, though.)

Vanilla Ice will be 2 maybe 3 episodes with Suzie Q visiting Holly thrown in at the end.

Then that leaves the rest for Dio's World and the conclusion to the series. Which is a lot of episodes for that if they break it up like this, even if Vanilla Ice is a three-parter. If Vanilla Ice is a two-parter, that's 7 episodes for everything after, which is more than plenty, and if it's a three-parter, that's 6 episodes for everything, which is still probably enough.

Siegcram

Give my man Vanilla Ice 3 episodes and do it justice. I want to see Cream wreck shit.
That and one of the most emotional deaths in the whole series so far.

The end could be dragged out considerably since it lends itself to add scenes and hint at part 4 (WHICH THEY BETTER DO).

Dio's World should definitely be done in 6 episodes with 3 chapters covered each.
It works out nicely with the first 3 episodes about chasing Dio, and the other 3 episodes dedicated to Jotaro vs Dio.

fertygo

Man you know.. its just hard to complaint Joseph being nerfed at SC like what people doing at animu thread when you know its reality for all other protagonist if they show up at newer part lol

At least Joseph old as fuck when he nerfed and gonna had alzheimer soon, Jotaro and Johhny are not llol

Ezalc

Man you know.. its just hard to complaint Joseph being nerfed at SC like what people doing at animu thread when you know its reality for all other protagonist if they show up at newer part lol

At least Joseph old as fuck when he nerfed and gonna had alzheimer soon, Jotaro and Johhny are not llol

I think the problem in regards to Jotaro in the other series is that his stand was too simplistic to match the weird abilities of some of the others. I mean even with time stopping.

As for Johnny well I don't think there was much he could do in that situation when he turned to stone. Only reason people say Joseph got screwed is because he has the least useful stand power out of the five protagonists, hamon doesn't work on stands, and even if it did he hasn't really been training it since he was young. It's a shame but it's understandable.

sjack

Banned
Jotaro stopping time is gonna piss some people off in the anime thread. Or most, probably.

I hope DP actually try to fix that by adding filler that foreshadows that ability, because as much as I love DIO vs Jotaro, the end to that fight is nothing less than a massive ass pull.

I'd imagine we get a narration talking about how DIO actually has the stands of the Joestars instead of the other way around, which is how DIO can also have Hermit Purple.

Siegcram

I hope DP actually try to fix that by adding filler that foreshadows that ability, because as much as I love DIO vs Jotaro, the end to that fight is nothing less than a massive ass pull.
So is basically every fight in part 2. And if the anime thread is any indication people want more of that.

They techincally already have. The opening is such a tell that people will watch it again and go "Oh!"

I thought they did in the D'arby the Gambler fight when Jotaro randomly gets smokes and drinks in his hand without moving.

fertygo

Eh, I never seen it that way.. because I see that DIO had use Joseph power before and when the moment came I was just like "OH YIS".. and its just same power and severly underpowered, Jotaro doing all crazy shit to overcame his disadvantage is what make the fight so worth it.

Now if you talking Kira vs Josuke... that's goddamn shame, Josuke deserve better.

Astral

I never saw Jotaro's powers as an asspull. Dio and Joseph, a Joestar, already have similar Stands in Hermit Purple. I think it's fine to assume that Jotaro, another Joestar, has a similar Stand to Dio and vice versa. Star Platinum simply doesn't meet its full potential until Dio pushes him to the edge, though it does seem like Jotaro can already stop time for a little while during his fight with D'arby.

Part 3's ending is probably the least asspulliest, outside of Part 7 and Part 1.

Part 2: Joseph pulls out the stone for no reason, volcano turns into a giant soda bottle and launches them into space and Kars gets hit by a hand and then volcanic debris

Part 4: Okuyasu is too stupid to die right, an ambulance out of nowhere hits Kira.

Part 5: whatever the fuck happened there

Part 6: Weather Report can cause hyperoxia and killing Pucci makes Made in Heaven reset the universe again for some reason

With Star Platinum being able to stop time, DIO mentions at first that even he could only see stopped time at the beginning, but not really move in it.

jgminto

I don't think Part 4's ending was an asspull. Yeah, Okuyasu recovering was unnecessary but Kira's death was just insult to injury. He was no threat at that point.

True, the ambulance itself isn't really that bad plotwise, but Okuyasu's undying and the hamfisted way that Koichi and Jotaro get to do the final blow on him because Araki hadn't found a way before that to involve them in the final battle sour the otherwise excellent fight for me.

Squishy3

I don't think Part 4's ending was an asspull. Yeah, Okuyasu recovering was unnecessary but Kira's death was just insult to injury. He was no threat at that point.
Huh? He was going to use Bites the Dust again, and it would have reset time and Hayato wouldn't have been able to do anything at all because there'd be nobody left who could stop Kira who didn't know his identity in the future. Even if events went the exact same as before, where the fight ends with Kira nearly defeated, Bites the Dust would activate the moment that woman shows up and kill everyone who knows his identity.

He was about to activate a bomb again before Koichi weighs down his hand. (Jotaro wouldn't have been able to stop time in time before he pulled the trigger.) and then presumably he would have activated Bites the Dust on someone after that.

jgminto

Huh? He was going to use Bites the Dust again, and it would have reset time and Hayato wouldn't have been able to do anything at all because there'd be nobody left who could stop Kira who didn't know his identity in the future. Even if events went the exact same as before, where the fight ends with Kira nearly defeated, Bites the Dust would activate the moment that woman shows up and kill everyone who knows his identity.

His hand was broken by Koichi and Jotaro, he couldn't even bend his thumb at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom