• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I really want to post about Jojo's in that video game references in anime thread over in gaming. I'll just bump it after the episode airs, I guess.

JayEH

I really want to post about Jojo's in that video game references in anime thread over in gaming. I'll just bump it after the episode airs, I guess.

I looked for some references in the wiki but couldn't find any. can't think of any either. I guess D'Arby?

jgminto

I looked for some references in the wiki but couldn't find any. can't think of any either. I guess D'Arby?

fmega.JPG

Tizoc

About Part 6-
Was Weather and Pucci being half brothers something Araki made up on the spot? Seems hard to see him planning that in advance @_@

Squishy3

About Part 6-
Was Weather and Pucci being half brothers something Araki made up on the spot? Seems hard to see him planning that in advance @_@
This is the manga where AnnaSui was a girl when Araki first introduced her in Emporio's room and then he changed his mind when he gave her a name.

Lunar15

I never put too much stock in Araki planning things from the start. Look no further than Steel Ball Run, which was clearly supposed to be something entirely different than what it turned into.

It's my favorite part, but it's really funny watching it evolve from one thing into another. There was such an importance placed on characters like Pocoloco and Sandman, but then both are almost completely dropped.

JayEH

I never put too much stock in Araki planning things from the start. Look no further than Steel Ball Run, which was clearly supposed to be something entirely different than what it turned into.

It's my favorite part, but it's really funny watching it evolve from one thing into another. There was such an importance placed on characters like Pocoloco and Sandman, but then both are almost completely dropped.

I was so disappointed that he turned sandman into a villian. Pocoloco was just a wasted opportunity.

Squishy3

We're kind of close you guys. I wanna say we're only 5 episodes away from it. One more Mariah episode, Alessi should be 1 episode, D'Arby the Gambler will begin with the Hol Horse bit, and will obviously be a 2 parter, and Hol Horse and Boingo should be 1 episode, and then it's motherfucking Pet Shop time.

Pretty sure it's gonna be 1 more Mariah episode, 2 Alessi episodes with the Hol Horse chapter included in the second one, 2 D'arby episodes, 1 Hol Horse and Boingo episode, THEN Petshop.

Squishy3

Alessi could be a two parter if they put the Hol Horse bit in the second episode.
I think the Hol Horse one should be an establishing scene for the beginning of D'arby, personally. Or they could always rearrange events and have it occurr at the end of the D'arby episode and lead directly into Hol Horse and Boingo for the next episode. Who knows though.

EITHER WAY PET SHOP SOON FUCK YEAH

Squishy3

I forgot how much there is to go until DIO :(
It'll fly by once we get to Pet Shop. That's this moment in Jojo's:

b0e.gif

Hopefully they end the Pet Shop fight early enough in the runtime to have the episode end on them standing in front of the mansion.

JayEH

It'll fly by once we get to Pet Shop. That's this moment in Jojo's:

b0e.gif

Hopefully they end the Pet Shop fight early enough in the runtime to have the episode end on them standing in front of the mansion.

Things going to get rough. Not sure I will be able to handle the barrage of deaths.

Kurtofan

I think the Hol Horse one should be an establishing scene for the beginning of D'arby, personally. Or they could always rearrange events and have it occurr at the end of the D'arby episode and lead directly into Hol Horse and Boingo for the next episode. Who knows though.

EITHER WAY PET SHOP SOON FUCK YEAH

We'll know on friday I guess. knowing the order of episodes is almost as exciting as the episodes themselves to me

I forgot how much there is to go until DIO :(
Isnt it just allessi, darby 1, pet shop, darby 2, Vanilla Ice, then Dio? If each one is 2 episodes then...thered only be 13 episodes left of the series including the last episode of Mariah.

Oh wait I forgot Hol Horse and Oingo, so 14 episodes.

Can't be 14. We're at 30, so that would put us at 44 episodes and that wouldn't fill an entire season. The series needs to end at 48-50 because each cour is 12-13 episodes, so Jojo being 4 cour total needs to be 48-50 episodes (most likely 48 since the first half was 24). Therefore they somehow need to fill 18 more episodes.

If I had to guess:
Mariah - 1 more episode
Alessi - 2 episodes
D'arby - 2 episodes
Hol & Boingo - 1 episodes
Petshop - 2 episodes
D'arby gamer - 2 episodes (holy shit this seriously was 11 chapters?)
Vanilla Ice - 2 episodes
DIO - 6 episodes (18 chapters of DIO's World + epilogue)

Total: 18 episodes

And somewhere in there is the Suzy Q vists Holly chapter. Also gamer D'arby and Vanilla Ice are really gonna need to be fast paced considering those are actually 11 and 8 chapters long respectively o_0

Let's make this a more interesting adaptation and put some filler in there. Joseph has a dream of his time with Tomoko, Jotaro gets his driving license along with MAYBE Kakyoin. Avdol enters a cooking competition and a more fleshed out episode on Polnareff's back story. We got like 5 episodes right there. David Pro can thank me later.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Gamer went on forever with such little content.

All worth it for the YES! moments.

Who do you guys think is the strongest Jojo villian? I think its between MIH Pucchi or Perfect Kars.

Pucci > Valentine > Cars > Diavalo > DIO > Kira > Dio Brando

Valentine could beat Cars by throwing an alt universe Cars at him. He may be immortal but disintegrating into nothing can still kill him. I can't really think of any ways Diavalo or DIO could beat him. It's kind of the questions like "Would Bites the Dust work on Cars" or "If King Crimson and The World got activated at the same time what would happen" that make it impossible to judge anyway

At Valentine's strongest with Love Train he may be even able to beat Pucci.

Protags -

Giorno (obviously) > Johnny > Jotaro > Josuke > Jolyne > Joseph > Johnathan

If Gappy's power ever got to ridiculous levels like "I can remove concepts" it could be equal to Giorno.

Pucci ended 2 universes. It doesn't get much stronger than that.
But according to Jorge Joestar he survived it 36 times!
yeah I know thats not canon
Pucci > Valentine > Cars > Diavalo > DIO > Kira > Dio Brando

Valentine could beat Cars by throwing an alt universe Cars at him. He may be immortal but disintegrating into nothing can still kill him. I can't really think of any ways Diavalo or DIO could beat him. It's kind of the questions like "Would Bites the Dust work on Cars" or "If King Crimson and The World got activated at the same time what would happen" that make it impossible to judge anyway

At Valentine's strongest with Love Train he may be even able to beat Pucci.
Ah ive yet to finish part 7 so I dont know extent of Valentines powers

JayEH

If DIO was at full power he would win since he could just stop time indefinitely.

Strongest protagonist is no doubt Giorno with his broken stand. Jonathan could kick Joesph's ass with or without Hamon.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Who do you guys think is the strongest Jojo villian? I think its between MIH Pucchi or Perfect Kars.

Pucci. Dude actually succeed in destroying the universe.
I think perfect Kars could be beaten by Funny using his D4C summoning skill.

Giorno is so damn broken, i won't be surprised if he suddenly appear in Jojolion while still retaining his memories from previous universe

I'm just saying that Jonathan didn't need Hamon when he defeated Dio the first time.
Yeah but Dio won in the end since he survived every single fight with Jonathan, while Jonathan died. Joseph probably wouldnt need hamon either, hes smart enough to beat the pillar men who were much stronger than Dio and Joseph defeated Straights who was as strong as Dio maybe even stronger.

This is a prime chance for me to once again bait Joseph fans into believing their favourite Jojo is of very little worth... But I'm gonna sit out on this one.

giphy.gif

JayEH

Y'all gotta realize Jonathan is the true strongest Jojo since he not only starts the bloodline but is also Giorno's father.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom