• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Emporio isn't an unknown element, but he made it through the universe reset alive, anyone who was alive when the universe reset as a result of Pucci's death hypothetically makes it to the next universe with their spirit intact, assuming the new universe that was created as a result of Pucci's death follows the same rules as in this image, even if it's a completely different timeline, which dictates that anyone dead does not make it to the new universe, but there is still a counterpart of them in the new universe. And, as I said, anyone alive when it resets retains their experiences and makes it to the new universe while replacing the "them" that was created.

There have been no stories in the universe created by Pucci's death to corroborate this theory, though, as it's obvious from the Joestar family tree in Jojolion that Irene doesn't exist, and that the SBRverse is different.

I just assumed that Jojolion takes place before Irene is born.

Squishy3

I just assumed that Jojolion takes place before Irene is born.
Assuming the timeline is identical between Ireneverse and SBRverse, she'd be born already, and would be around the age she was when part 6 took place (and everyone looks the same in Ireneverse to part 6 aside from Irene's hair being longer) since Jojolion takes place in 2011.

Also, we don't have a likely counterpart to Jotaro in part 8 that is the age to have a daughter, the two candidates would be Kira Yoshikage and Kyo Nijimura, and both are too young to have a daughter that age. Kira would have had to have gotten a girl pregnant when he was 10, and Kyo would have had to have gotten pregnant when she was 3 years old, so...

Squishy3

It's possible that Irene could not be part of the Joestar bloodline.
She has the Joestar birthmark... so. :p

Aw that sucks. So Jojolion is basically a reboot.
Steel Ball Run is the reboot, Jojolion is just the continuation, it was just unclear where Jojolion was until the family tree reveal. It also proves that The World was always Dio's stand and not Jonathan's, since Diego steals Scary Monsters and then Valentine brings in Diego (2) that got his stand presumably through the devil's palm in his universe instead of stealing it.

Astral

She has the Joestar birthmark... so. :p

Steel Ball Run is the reboot, Jojolion is just the continuation, it was just unclear where Jojolion was until the family tree reveal. It also proves that The World was always Dio's stand and not Jonathan's, since Diego steals Scary Monsters and then Valentine brings in Diego (2) that got his stand presumably through the devil's palm instead of stealing it.

Yeah that's what I meant. SBR.

Assuming the timeline is identical between Ireneverse and SBRverse, she'd be born already, and would be around the age she was when part 6 took place (and everyone looks the same in Ireneverse to part 6 aside from Irene's hair being longer) since Jojolion takes place in 2011.

Also, we don't have a likely counterpart to Jotaro in part 8 that is the age to have a daughter, the two candidates would be Kira Yoshikage and Kyo Nijimura, and both are too young to have a daughter that age. Kira would have had to have gotten a girl pregnant when he was 10, and Kyo would have had to have gotten pregnant when she was 3 years old, so...

You're assuming Irene couldn't be from a branch family from the members of the Joestar family that exist in the SBRverse but not in the original

JayEH

Thanks for the explanation but what about Giorno ?

And if The World is Dio's Stand, how did Jotaro get almost the same stand ?

I don't think your Father determines what your stand is. Jolyne doesn't have a similar stand to Jotaro and Josuke's isn't similar to Joseph's. Only similarities are between Jonathan and Joseph.

Siegcram

Why Giornio and Diavolo ? And why Emporio is a unknown element ?
Pucci wasn't aware of Emporio prior to obtaining Made in Heaven and with the original cast dying prior to the first reset, Emporio becomes the last remaining character left to fight Pucci within his orchestrated world.

Since it is unknown how MIH affects any other Stand user outside of those shown, Giorno and Diavolo being untouched is just conjecture on my part, based on how GER works and some outside sources. In All-Star Battle for example, Giorno is not slowed down by MIH as long as GER is active. Since in the manga GER doesn't need to be activated, maybe that's the case there. The same is true for Diavolo, since he is trapped in the infinite death loop by GER, which for all intents and purposes seems to be a pocket dimension.

But like I said, unless anyone from the old universe shows up in the SBR timeline this is all speculation.

I don't think your Father determines what your stand is. Jolyne doesn't have a similar stand to Jotaro and Josuke's isn't similar to Joseph's. Only similarities are between Jonathan and Joseph.

There's a theory that DIo actually had all the abilities of the Joestar bloodline stands rolled into one which was The World. So Hermit Purple, Holly's stand (Whatever that did) and Star Platinum = The World.

It sorta makes sense.

Lirlond

Star Platinum has the ability to adapt to any situation. It's crazy broken, but the reason he can stop time is because he needed to to beat Dio.

JayEH

Star Platinum has the ability to adapt to any situation. It's crazy broken, but the reason he can stop time is because he needed to to beat Dio.

Is that actually his power? I always assumed Star Platinum could always stop time but he didn't realize he could until Dio.

Tizoc

Is that actually his power? I always assumed Star Platinum could always stop time but he didn't realize he could until Dio.

The whole 'stop time' thing is more 'moving so fast it appears as if time has stopped' really.
Star Platinum has super strength, enhanced senses, super durability, super speed and the ability to extend its fingers, if not specific parts of its body/form.

Yonafunu

The whole 'stop time' thing is more 'moving so fast it appears as if time has stopped' really.
Star Platinum has super strength, enhanced senses, super durability, super speed and the ability to extend its fingers, if not specific parts of its body/form.

That doesn't really make sense though, since not only the Stands move during the time stop. Dio and Jotaro can move too. Stands don't give their users superhuman physical abilities, so I doubt Jotaro and Dio themselves are moving so fast to make everything else appear to have stopped.

Jojolion 40

I'm so glad Yasuho is finally getting her first real stand battle. After reading the chapter this page now makes sense but man that looked random as hell when I saw it

That doesn't really make sense though, since not only the Stands move during the time stop. Dio and Jotaro can move too. Stands don't give their users superhuman physical abilities, so I doubt Jotaro and Dio themselves are moving so fast to make everything else appear to have stopped.

Eh, true, it doesn't actually work like that, but if you think about it "moving so fast it's as if time stopped" definitely sounds like a logical evolution of Star Platinum and The World's power.

Nairume

Banned
Got my copy of the first Phantom Blood hardback volume. The front cover is nice and all, but I love how evil the back cover is.

sEtV36Q.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fucking seriously, Amazon just sent me an email saying my delivery for Phantom Blood is going to be delayed until the 27th. I placed my order on December 1 and it's been delayed twice. Wtf gives?

Squishy3

Fucking seriously, Amazon just sent me an email saying my delivery for Phantom Blood is going to be delayed until the 27th. I placed my order on December 1 and it's been delayed twice. Wtf gives?
Mine says it's arriving by 8pm today and it's still not in my state. It just arrived in the state next to mine.

I'm at chapter 57 in Steel Ball Run and even though I'm still not a huge fan of the combats and the pacing, but the story is much more interesting than the previous part and the characters are really great, they get a lot of developpement and they are even background for some minor ennemies.

The Hot Pants flashback is really horrible

JayEH

I'm at chapter 57 in Steel Ball Run and even though I'm still not a huge fan of the combats and the pacing, but the story is much more interesting than the previous part and the characters are really great, they get a lot of developpement and they are even background for some minor ennemies.

The Hot Pants flashback is really horrible

all flashbacks are horrible. They started in what, 5?

Nairume

Banned
Okay, I've finished reading through it. Viz did a really good job with it, both with the physical qualities of the book and with the localization. Only one thing in the writing that stood out as off to me, which was

Dio says "I quit being human!" when he puts on the mask, which is a little boring

Also, the interview with Araki in the back is great

Squishy3

So jelly. ;(

Hopefully I get another email saying it's delivering soon. I still have hope damn it!
I was saying that I find it hard to believe it's going to drive the 2 hours to get here, get through UPS sorting, and be here by 8PM. There's an hour 10 minutes left and it still isn't even at the UPS center. :p

all flashbacks are horrible. They started in what, 5?

They started almost immediately with the flashback of how Johnny couldn't walk anymore and there was a lot of them and they are great.

Now I read a page where the president of the united stades tries to make love with a 14 years old girl, I cannot even believe what I just wrote

JayEH

They started almost immediately with the flashback of how Johnny couldn't walk anymore and there was a lot of them and they are great.

Now I read a page where the president of the united stades tries to make love with a 14 years old girl, I cannot even believe what I just wrote

i meant Vento Aureo and yeah that part with Valentine is creepy.

Oh right, suddenly, it feels off when character like Kakoyin or Avdol have absolutely no background :(

Edit :
Magenta stopped thinking, I laughed

JayEH

They just feel out of place sometimes to me or I guess forced?

Like some of the background stories just seem like he's trying too hard to make the character's life pre Jojo seem like the most miserable thing. He does a good job with some but I think ones like Diego's are bad.

They break the flow of the story sometimes too. I would prefer more subtle ways to introduce the characters' back story.

Archgan

They just feel out of place sometimes to me or I guess forced?

Like some of the background stories just seem like he's trying too hard to make the character's life pre Jojo seem like the most miserable thing. He does a good job with some but I think ones like Diego's are bad.

They break the flow of the story sometimes too. I would prefer more subtle ways to introduce the characters' back story.

I don't remember which character it is specifically, but the back story for one of the later bad guys in part 6 is literally the beginning of Holes.

Edit: It was Donatello Versus.

Squishy3

I don't remember which character it is specifically, but the back story for one of the later bad guys in part 6 is literally the beginning of Holes.

Edit: It was Donatello Versus.
Yeah, it's just with Ichiro Suzuki instead of Sweet Feet. I made the same connection. Araki truly is a westaboo.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man the JoJo vol 1 book is really great quality wise! Really wish the next would be here soon :(
Fuck yes it is. It's so beautiful, omg. I didn't think it was going to be that top knotch quality tbh, but it's really great quality. It's making the wait for the next release even more painful!

Tizoc

There'll probably be a part 4 tease, maybe a clip of Josuke looking at the camera and saying "What the fuck did you say about my hair?!"

Or they could show a car in a snowstorm and the child looks back at a dude with a pompadour pushing it.

Alessi > Hol Horse Shoots Dio > D'arby> Hol Horse and Boingo > Pet Shop > D'arby the Gamer > Vanilla Ice > DIO'S WORLD

So pretty much what I asked :p
Hol Horse and Dio could be shown to finish off the Alessi 2-parter.

KarasuEXE

Or they could show a car in a snowstorm and the child looks back at a dude with a pompadour pushing it.

Or when they finish the final battle, they show a kid in D̶u̶w̶a̶n̶g̶Morioh getting better after almost 50 days of a "disease"...

How about a flashback to the future with a discussion about Oldseph's inheritance and Jotaro being informed about Josuke and how he has to find him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom