• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i finally finished part 7 last night and now i think i can give a pretty good list of my favorite parts, jojo, brobros, villians,final battles, and overall stands in each part which i'm gonna do right now. id like to see what other people think.
JOJO's: Joseph>Josuke>Johnny>Joleyne>Jotaro>>Johnathan>Giorno
BroBros:Gyro>Okuyasu>Ceaser>Speedwagon>>Kakyoin/Polnareff>F.F.>Hermes=Bruno
Villians: Dio Brando>Kira>Funny Valentine> Kars>Pucchi>DIO>Diovolo
Final battles:Jojo vs Kars>Johnny vs Valentine> Jotaro vs DIO>Josuke vs Kira> Joleyne, Jotaro, Hermes, Anasui, and Emporio vs Pucchi>Giorno vs Diovolo=Johnathan vs Dio.
Favorite Stands: Part 4>Part 6>Part 3>Part 7>Part 5 My favorite Stand overall is The World, Part 3 would be at the bottom if it werent for The World.
Favorite Parts: Part 4>Part 2>Part 7>Part 6>Part 3>Part 1>Part 5

Squishy3

I just hope if part 4 is being done they keep Koichi, Okuyasu and Rohan's voice actors. Romi Park as Koichi is perfect, and Wataru Takagi and Hiroshi Kamiya are perfect as Okuyasu and Rohan. Okuyasu is basically delinquent Aoki anyway.

I can live without ASB Josuke reprising their role, though.

eJHYgOl.jpg

It's here~

KarasuEXE

How about a flashback to the future with a discussion about Oldseph's inheritance and Jotaro being informed about Josuke and how he has to find him

Oh, oh, how about we also see Pucci picking up DIO's bone?

Also, it seems some people are having problems with Viz Media's JoJonium...

Beckx

People who put Bruno low on a list of best JoJo pals are bad people.

Bruno > Polnareff every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

dan2026

Damn I want to start buying the Jojo manga. But I'm worried when we get to part 3 and beyond its going to be full of terrible name changes. :(

This isn't remotely true for part 7. A lot of the stands were tools rather than "punch ghosts" a lot of them didn't even have humanoid forms.

Well, yeah, Part 7 is a reboot so Araki was trying to get rid of this, although it's becoming common again in part 8. Paisley Park, Born This Way, King Nothing & Soft & Wet are humanoids. Also Tusk's final form is humanoid as is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and The World.

I just finished Steel Ball Run...

Feels like a bad end to me. Gyro is dead, Johnny didn't win the race and didn't even beat Dio. AND THE KID IS DEAD WITH A FUCKING COLD

Wasn't very fond of the combats (the worst on the series except Phantom Blood) and the pacing. But the story and the characters were much more interesting than the previous parts.

Beckx

The only thing I found unsatisfying about SBR was the rushed two page wrap up. That sucked.

I loved the combat (suited my tastes) and the art is sooooo good.

Araki isn't afraid anymore to have ambiguity about who's the protagonist or to have the protagonists fail. It makes things really interesting for me.

Ezalc

Well, yeah, Part 7 is a reboot so Araki was trying to get rid of this, although it's becoming common again in part 8. Paisley Park, Born This Way, King Nothing & Soft & Wet are humanoids. Also Tusk's final form is humanoid as is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and The World.

Alright, but that's only a few from that part. You also missed Ball Breaker which had a humanoid figure. Anyway, them being humanoid looking isn't necessarily a bad thing it depends on their use and effects. King Nothing might be humanoid looking but it's not combat focused at all.

JayEH

SBR felt like Araki needed some filler so he randomly adds
the world
and then he realized he ran out of time so he kills
Dio
super quick.

SBR felt like Araki needed some filler so he randomly adds
the world
and then he realized he ran out of time so he kills
Dio
super quick.
Yeah I had the same feeling and Araki couldve ended part 7 a few chapters earlier.
i mean Dio FAU dies in one of the lamest ways possible, fucking lucy just throws base dios head at him an he explodes, Valentines death was so much cooler with that quickdraw duel.

Kurtofan

Alternate Dio's death was great.

Anyway, Shooting Dio?! probably won't be next week, there's still 3 chapters to animate from this story.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Y'all were so eager to jump on me for this.

Although I should say that A LOT of stands later on just become humanoid and lacking in variety, I mean not all but most do for real.

I disagree.

Echoes Act 1 and 2
Aqua Necklace
Bad Company
The Lock
Surface
Love Deluxe
Pearl Jam
Achtung Baby
Ratt
Harvest
Atom Heart Father
Earth, Wind, Fire
Stray Cat
Super Fly
Enigma
Cheap Trick
Aerosmith
Sex Pistols
Mr. President
Beach Boy
The Grateful Dead
Clash
Talking Head
Notorious B.I.G.
Metallica
Green Day
Burning Down the House
Manhattan Transfer
Highway to Hell
Survivor
Dragon's Dream
Jail House Lock

There's plenty that aren't straight up Punch Ghosts.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The wait for the second volume of Phantom Blood is going to suck even more. I am really impressed with the first volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom