• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
As excited as we all are for next week, I can already imagine many people calling bullshit at Joseph being out-tricked and getting angry :T

Tizoc

Good.

Getting close to part 4, finally (I know, I know, MAYBE in a couple of anime seasons... )

His time will come, don't be in a rush
e4jlSiv.jpg

DP skipped the Shooting Dio part, that was supposed to come after Alessi. I figure they will just put it in before Hol Horse and Boingo though.

As excited as we all are for next week, I can already imagine many people calling bullshit at Joseph being out-tricked and getting angry :T

That is kinda bullshit since Joseph was the smart guy who could trick anyone, but I guess old age made him kinda dumb.

Still a great fight though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I always kinda wondered if Old Joseph was Araki's subversion of a particular cliche; the hero of a previous generation as the mentor to the next. Typically serene but aloof and stern. Supremely skilled to the point that should the elder sensei choose to intervene, lifting one finger is usually enough to end the conflict.

That sure as shit ain't Joseph Jostar. He's goofy, given to outbursts, and while he definitely kept in shape and took good care of himself, he's no longer a fighter.

jgminto

They should probably put Shooting Dio at the end of the second D'arby episode since it directly leads into Hol and Boingo.

Squishy3

They should probably put Shooting Dio at the end of the second D'arby episode since it directly leads into Hol and Boingo.
That's what I'm hoping they do. It won't fit going directly into D'arby, but putting it after D'arby loses his shit at the thought of telling the gang about Dio's stand would flow nicely.

I'm hype for D'arby but more hype for Hol Horse and Boingo and Pet Shop. I hope Hol Horse and Boingo sing a song too.

Dunno if I posted it in here before, but in the Oingo Boingo episode Oingo is humming the song as he's walking up to the car.

Ezalc

I always kinda wondered if Old Joseph was Araki's subversion of a particular cliche; the hero of a previous generation as the mentor to the next. Typically serene but aloof and stern. Supremely skilled to the point that should the elder sensei choose to intervene, lifting one finger is usually enough to end the conflict.

That sure as shit ain't Joseph Jostar. He's goofy, given to outbursts, and while he definitely kept in shape and took good care of himself, he's no longer a fighter.

The problem with him not being a fighter is in part to: Him not continuing hamon training after all this time, the fact that even if he did compared to some stand abilities it's really outclassed, his stand is pretty shit, and he's not the protag. It sucks to see Joseph being so outclassed in this way but that's just the way Araki went about it. At least he can say that he's the only jojo to basically "survive". Maybe that's his hidden power lol.

JayEH

Joseph is obviously Araki's favorite protagonist. Part 3 Joseph always made sense to me. A guy like Joseph would grow up to be that type of grandpa.

Joseph is obviously Araki's favorite protagonist. Part 3 Joseph always made sense to me. A guy like Joseph would grow up to be that type of grandpa.
No hes done a top ten favorite characters before and his favorite is Josuke, Joseph was on there but I think he was like 8th.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still say Jotaro taking center stage in Part 4 is the only tarnish it has.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised Araki hasn't done a Kamen Rider Decade-esque Jojo character. Even Disney did it!

JayEH

I still say Jotaro taking center stage in Part 4 is the only tarnish it has.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised Araki hasn't done a Kamen Rider Decade-esque Jojo character. Even Disney did it!

How does he? He isn't there much and the final time stop he does to stop Kira didn't negate what Josuke did earlier.

But they all have joestar blood in them, I mean Jotaro used it and hes a Kujo.
I dunno I just love the idea of a strategic retreat as a secret technique.

Well yeah, I suppose on a technical level Josuke is really a Joestar in name if not for Joseph not being in his life. Giorno sort of is too but how would he even know what a Joestar is? He doesn't know anything and Jolyne doesn't seem to show she's clued in either. I do like it as a gag but I suppose Araki knew it ran its course.

Lunar15

Youre right but seeeing part 4 Joseph being old and weak is really sad, he went from the strongest Hamon user ever, and defeated an immortal god, to a wrinkly old man who cant even walk by himself.

I love Joseph, he's my favorite. But he was never much of a fighter. Even though he was technically the strongest Hamon user ever, he always won through either outsmarting his opponents or through sheer dumb luck.

Even Cars is defeated by a combination of a volcanic eruption and Joseph's quick distraction.

The funny thing is that, even though he's shown as somewhat senile and frail in part 4, he still uses his tricky intellect to save the invisible baby. He's still got it when it counts.

Well yeah, I suppose on a technical level Josuke is really a Joestar in name if not for Joseph not being in his life. Giorno sort of is too but how would he even know what a Joestar is? He doesn't know anything and Jolyne doesn't seem to show she's clued in either. I do like it as a gag but I suppose Araki knew it ran its course.

Maybe, but you gotta admit that a Joestar Secret Technique moment would've absolutely fit for Josuke. Hell make it a father/son bonding moment with Joseph teaching it to him during a battle.

Maybe, but you gotta admit that a Joestar Secret Technique moment would've absolutely fit for Josuke. Hell make it a father/son bonding moment with Joseph teaching it to him during a battle.
I find it weird that they brought Joseph to Morioh to help find RHCPs stand user but they decide not to use Hermit Purple to find Kira.

Beckx

And of course my Star Platinum winter hat arrives the day after the weather switches from constant cold to SPRING IS HERE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Tizoc

tumblr_nkioofi18V1tauz9uo2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_nkiw4aG0ZR1qepum0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkhxou9ZG81sgjgzgo1_1280.jpg

....and when you think about it
Things that would have happened if Kakyoin didn’t completely forget how his stand works for the entire fucking series:

Kakyoin: “The car is a stand and it’s trying to kill us! Well, I guess I’ll just possess the user and make him drive himself off a cliff.”

Kakyoin: “Hol Horse has a gun? Better make him shoot himself.”

Kakyoin: “Hello, J. Geil, nice to meet yoPOSSESED”

Steely Dan: “My stand is inside Joseph’s brain!”

Kakyoin: “My stand took it out. Since, you know, infiltrating other people’s bodies is the whole point of my stand. Otherwise I’d have to shrink him! That would be ridiculous.”

Kakyoin: “Oh look it’s D’arby’s brother hahaha fuckin possessed”

Dio: “ZA WARU-“
Kakyoin: “lol no possessed”

STARDUST CRUSADERS OVER

KAKYOIN WINS EVERYTHING FOREVER
http://volavolavolavola.tumblr.com/post/112570271142/lindleland-things-that-would-have-happened-if

dan2026

Kira did have the best death of all the main villains.

A pathetic death for a pathetic man.

The D'arby part in the original OVA was my favorite part of the OVA. Can't wait to see how it translates here.

Agreed. Jotaro bluffing D'arby into a mega panic attack is great.

Kakyoin never uses the possessing power after he fights Jotaro does he?

He uses it very briefly on Death XIII, but never again after that point. Also, after his initial fight Polnareff never removes Silver Chariot's armor or uses solid afterimages, and Abdul only ever uses both Crossfire Hurricane and Crossfire Hurricane Special once each.

Zubz

Banned
He uses it very briefly on Death XIII, but never again after that point. Also, after his initial fight Polnareff never removes Silver Chariot's armor or uses solid afterimages, and Abdul only ever uses both Crossfire Hurricane and Crossfire Hurricane Special once each.

True, but at the very least, I don't think any of those ever come in handy again, right? The DIO example might not work because he'd know Kakyoin had that power and he'd've planned for it, but all the other ones? Kakyoin could've won those fights in a chapter at best.

True, but at the very least, I don't think any of those ever come in handy again, right? The DIO example might not work because he'd know Kakyoin had that power and he'd've planned for it, but all the other ones? Kakyoin could've won those fights in a chapter at best.

Maybe so, but it seems weird for Araki to give Chariot and Red signature moves and then just up and discard them after their first use. Eh, I'll just chalk it up to Stands as a concept being young and Araki not having ironed out the kinks in their mechanics yet.

jgminto

I think Araki probably decided he didn't want that kind of named attack that is essentially just an improved version of the stand's regular ability. He never returned to that kind of attack after part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom