• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Araki probably decided he didn't want that kind of named attack that is essentially just an improved version of the stand's regular ability. He never returned to that kind of attack after part 3.

I mean, we still have Echoes 3 Freeze, Killer Queen's named bombs, and Tusk's Goruden Kaiten Yostume-dan after Part 3, but I see what you mean.

Question what are your guy's favorite stands? Mine is The World.

FF's my favourite character in the series, so uh, she's my favourite Stand, I guess.

Crazy Diamond, Sticky Fingers and Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price are amazing too.

Question what are your guy's favorite stands? Mine is The World.

Design: In A Silent Way, Killer Queen, Going Underground/Born this Way, King Crimson, Highway Star, Black Sabbath, Purple Haze, Whitesnake, Tusk Act 4
Ability: Killer Queen, Sex Pistols, D4C, Heaven's Door, The World, Highway Star, Notorious B.I.G., Mandom, Tusk

ASB English name has been ingrained in you it seems lol.

I just love how dumb that one in particular is. Stuff like Zipper Man or Reverb is inexcusable (seriously guys, Echoes isn't a trademarked word), but Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price is so self-aware that it borders on parody.

jgminto

My top stands would be Killer Queen, Highway Star, Sticky Fingers, Purple Haze, King Crimson, Metallica, Weather Report, White Snake, C-Moon, D4C, Scary Monster, Mandom, Soft & Wet, Paisley Park and King Nothing.

Lunar15

Crazy Diamond is so dumb and so great at the same time. That's the epitome of Jojo, to me. It gave us this:

tumblr_inline_mrqylfFvkP1qz4rgp.png

The Hand is also great, but Okuyasu never really uses it well, which is the gag there, I suppose. Part 4 has such great stands.

Also, Weather Report because it's so WTF and I love it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wamuu & Esidisi confirmed for Eyes of Heaven. So once again, we got the main three Part 2 villains.

Edit: Was Kars confirmed? Because he's in as well.

Wamuu & Esidisi confirmed for Eyes of Heaven. So once again, we got the main three Part 2 villains.

I wonder if Santana will ever make it into one of these games. He displayed more powers than Esidisi, so he'd probably be easier to adapt into a fighting game character.

Zubz

Banned

He wasn't, until now! Too bad impressions of the demo have been very poor... At least it's tempering my hype!

Tizoc

I once made a GIF of Jotaro from the OVA yelling 'DAAAAAAAARBY!' but I seem to have lost it over the years =(

Anyone happen to have another GIF of it by any chance? Maybe someone made one similar and put it online.
EDIT: For now have Jotaro drinking juice.
s428O.jpg

Squishy3

Can't wait to hear this D'arby do the breakdown. And I guess they are going to save Shooting Dio for after the fight. Hopefully it's the last scene of the next episode.

Ezalc

DTL is going to HATE the D'arby the Gamer fight lol.

DTL hates anything that is actually good though. Dude thinks the best way to win the fight with D'Arby was through having "unshakable faith in Jotaru and the friendship felt for polnareff." Jesus christ.

Astral

I saw a few of his posts in the Part 2 anime thread. Did he even like it? I don't think Joseph ever played fair. All I remember is that he really liked Caesar.

Ezalc

I look at his posts as somebody who's deeply committed to being a troll, because there's no other way to explain some of his posts.

Honestly I think Joseph should've been the one to win this fight, like He think things so far ahead that usually he already wins before the fight even begins. like it wouldve been hype if the opposite happened and Barbie think he was going to win but joseph comes out with a plan nobody saw coming.

Nah, Joseph usually makes up his strategies on the spot as shown when he countered Straizo's Space Ripper Stingy Eyes with the mirror and shotglasses or when he burned Caesar's headband once he realized how Wamuu's Atmospheric Rift worked. He's incredible at quick-thinking, but not so much thinking ahead. The only reason D'Arby was able to trounce him so thoroughly is that Osiris completely negates the opponent's ability to adapt to strategies by defeating them the second they think they might lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom