• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

13 episodes left, 11 without the structure known, assuming everything until Dio's World is a 2 parter from here on out, that leaves 5 episodes for Dio's World and the ending.

D'arby the Gamer will probably be a 3 parter depending on how long they drag out Kakyoin's attempt, since it's the longest fight chapter-wise that isn't Dio's World, but they could end that episode with Dio turning Vanilla Ice into a vampire. Of course, I said they'd probably end this with Shooting Dio... so. :p

How many chapters was the Pet Shop fight again?
It's 5 chapters.

How many chapters was the Pet Shop fight again?

5 chapters, same as Hol Horse and Boingo

13 episodes left, 11 without the structure known, assuming everything until Dio's World is a 2 parter from here on out, that leaves 5 episodes for Dio's World and the ending.

D'arby the Gamer will probably be a 3 parter depending on how long they drag out Kakyoin's attempt.

It's 5 chapters.

And don't forget they have to fit in Suzy Q visiting Holly somewhere in there.

Tizoc

5 episodes for Dio's World sounds perfect. Is Petshop next week? I've not actually watched the D'arby episodes yet. lol

Nope first Hol Horse n' Boingo, THEN Pet Shop, followed by D'arby the Gamer, Baneera Aisu, then Tanor Sax and Nukesuke AND THEN WE GET TO ZA WARUDO.

Ugh, another two weeks before we see Iggy Azalea actually do anything. Very interested if they kept the Vanilla Ice ASB voice actor though since he won't be around for long.

Squishy3

Nope first Hol Horse n' Boingo, THEN Pet Shop, followed by D'arby the Gamer, Baneera Aisu, then Tanor Sax and Nukesuke AND THEN WE GET TO ZA WARUDO.
I think he meant that having 5 episodes dedicated to Dio's World would be fine, assuming everything from now until Dio's World is a 2 parter.

The hard one to guess is D'arby the Gamer because it's the longest fight that isn't Dio's World in Part 3.

Kurtofan

My guess

35 Hol Horse
36 Hol Horse
37 Pet Shop
38 D'Arby 2
39 Darby2
40Darby2
41 Vanilla
42Vanilla
43 Dio
44Dio
45Dio
46Dio
47Dio
48Dio

My guess

35 Hol Horse
36 Hol Horse
37 Pet Shop
38 D'Arby 2
39 Darby2
40Darby2
41 Vanilla
42Vanilla
43 Dio
44Dio
45Dio
46Dio
47Dio
48Dio

Personally I think it could be

35 Hol Horse
36 Hol Horse
37 Pet Shop
38 Pet Shop/D'Arby 2
39 Darby2
40Darby2
41 Vanilla
42Vanilla
43 Suzy Q visits Japan with added filler or Suzy Q visits Japan/Dio
44Dio
45Dio
46Dio
47Dio
48Dio

Tizoc

Well the OVA did it in the length of 4 episodes and I think they only took out polnareff confronting dio on the stairs.

In the OVA the N'dour encounter was 2 eps., D'arby was 1 ep., Vanilla Ice was 1 ep. and Dio was 2 eps.
Can they make Hol Horse and Boingo two parts without it dragging? I don't really remember much of the fight.

Toss in Suzie Q chapter and you get 2 eps. with Shooting Dio and the encounter.

New chapter of JoJolion is out.

Aishou said "Our" Territory? Who is "Our" What group would this guy be from, same as the architect, a stone/pillar man? I don't think he's talking about Joubin, either.

Looks like Joubin is trying to protect them despite interfering with his plans.

Tizoc

Soon
9HM5jgr.jpg

Man there are a bunch of panels featuring Pet Shop smirking, gonna be great to see it animated and the reactions to it XD.

Zubz

Banned
An English dub of JoJo has to be the most pointless thing ever.

I dunno, I liked the Test Dub they did last summer. Granted, we never ran into any major band names needing to get censored, either, but I would've liked to have seen more with it. Mercer killed it as Jotaro, IMO.

Siegcram

I dunno, I liked the Test Dub they did last summer. Granted, we never ran into any major band names needing to get censored, either, but I would've liked to have seen more with it. Mercer killed it as Jotaro, IMO.
I just feel it kills pretty much everything that makes JoJo unique. The wonderful Engrish, the weird names and it would have to distort every Stand name from here on out. I'm not big on dubs in general, but with JoJo I couldn't stand it.

As for mainstream success, it's probably as big as it's gonna be in the US, I don't see it blowing up like AoT or the like.

Ezalc

It sucks that for jojo to become a success in the US it would need to sacrifice the stand names among other things. That's just really disappointing to be honest.

I would prefer if Jojo didn't get popular to be honest, it's already killer enough there's people who label most Jojo characters as trans or whatever on tumblr.

Zubz

Banned
I would prefer if Jojo didn't get popular to be honest, it's already killer enough there's people who label most Jojo characters as trans or whatever on tumblr.

Yeah, but that's Tumblr. They have a "[CHARACTER] is secretly trans" theory for every show, no matter how little evidence there is supporting it... or how much evidence there is against it. Any show that gets any attention will get some fans on there, and they will make a theory like that; people strongly believing unfounded theories really shouldn't kill a series for me.

Obviously, JoJo's never going to be mainstream; it lacks that sort of appeal. It's a strange (Bizarre?), over-the-top series that revels in how crazy it gets, yet at the same time is totally a solid action series. It works great for us, but it'd probably alienate people wanting a ridiculous comedy and those wanting an action show. However, again, I'd be fine with watching the series dubbed; I actually liked the Kakyoin fight more in my own tongue, honestly. The "ORA's" were slightly weaker, but everything else was on point! It does suck about the band references/song names, but at the very least, there aren't too many that'd need changed in Parts 1 & 2 based on the video game, and honestly, some of their write-around names are hilarious to me, like Dan of Steel and Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price. And as great as the broken English in JoJo is, I wouldn't really argue that's one of its selling points. I dunno. I mean, I'd like it.

Tizoc

Some randomness from the OutOfContext tumblr
tumblr_nlm4wrQ5oy1s2kojso1_1280.png

Angelo is a CoD player apparently.

tumblr_nlmx39ZWJz1s2kojso1_1280.png

Best reaction.

tumblr_nlq992dTeS1s2kojso1_500.gif

tumblr_nlq9ne4eVR1s2kojso1_540.gif

tumblr_nloydhhhhp1s888nyo1_1280.png

Oh the irony

tumblr_nlunibXaxC1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nlwh3vucyC1s2kojso1_1280.png

tumblr_nlyafqVeuE1s2kojso1_1280.png

tumblr_nlwk1bno881s2kojso1_1280.png

tumblr_nlx1dmh8nu1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

This is the most out of context ish ever and it involves a flag.

tumblr_nlwylbyqAP1s2kojso1_1280.png

When you think about it.

tumblr_nlyckzshi01s2kojso1_500.png

tumblr_nlzn2pwuYf1s2kojso1_1280.jpg

Nowadays we call them something else entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom