• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Jolyne is in my top 3 Jojo's. Stone Ocean is pretty good all around, despite the first few Stand users being kind of weak. I really like everything from the visiting room onwards.

Supporting cast for part 6 is also really good, I'd put it up there with 4. Emporio, Weather Report, Hermes, F.F and Annasui are all awesome.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They finally made a Part 6 MAD? HALLELUJAH!

EDIT: It's fantastic!

Archgan

I was talking with my brother about ideas for stands the other day, and we came up with one that I think is pretty cool and would fit in with the world.

It is a play on the phrase, "Third time's the charm," and it's power is basically the person who controls this stand will always accomplish their goal the 3rd time they try. We didn't decide if the person has to fail at everything they do 2 times before they can do it or if they can decide that a specific action is going to be held to these rules. If it is the former, it could be a similar situation to the guy in part 6 who controls the rods where the person who controls the stand doesn't know at first and it causes problems for him in his life.

The name we came up for it is "3 Days Grace," but there is probably a better name out there.

Tizoc

tumblr_nmuw4hLqSj1s2kojso1_1280.png

Dem old ass fan translations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, new stage confirmed as well.

Though you might want to remove that, even if translated, that might still count as a scan, which isn't allowed.

D-Man

I'm pretty happy they added Yukako to the roster. I wonder what moves she'll have with Love Deluxe.

Also, hi JoJoGAF! I've been a fan of the series since late last year. Started with the Phantom Blood anime and fell in love with the series ever since. Currently reading through Part 5, but I already know most of the major characters and plot details from the later parts because of All-Star Battle.
Josuke is best JoJo.

Tizoc

Was hoping Yukako would be in the previous game, so it's good to see her in Eyes of Heaven.

Now where the heck is Wake up People?

Where the heck is FF is my question. Still iffy on buying this game unless she's in, but seeing that characters are getting revealed in groups according to their respective Parts, hopefully she'll be confirmed along with Weather Report somewhere down the line.

Foo Fighters will be in, this game is putting in characters who didn't appear in the first game as playable such as Speedwagon and Diego. It makes sense.

If they actually pick Weather Report instead of F.F. I'll go crazy.

Also D'arby #2 has the same VA as he did in ASB so that's 3 returning VAs for the Stardust cast.

Squishy3

I hope FF and Weather Report make it in. Would be cool to see Annasui too.

I wonder if they'll put in Survivor or Bohemian Rhapsody as stage hazards.

A Bohemian Rhapsody stage would be godlike, especially if they scammed their way into using non-licensed version of various famous characters :p

Look out! Here comes Arachni-Man!

Squishy3

Maybe 3 and an epilogue.
Responding to this here instead of in the anime thread because spoilers.

That'll still be more screentime for the final encounter than the OVA, even with the fact the OVA has a longer run-time. The final encounter in the OVA is only 2 episodes, since the first episode of Dio's World in the OVA is Polnareff vs Vanilla Ice.

But, if this next fight is only 2 episodes, that should leave us 5 episodes to wrap up the series, because there's no way Vanilla Ice isn't more than 2 episodes if D'arby the Gamer is 2 episodes, since D'arby the Gamer has a higher chapter count. Of course, we won't know if D'arby the Gamer is 3 episodes or not until the 2nd part airs.

Responding to this here instead of in the anime thread because spoilers.

That'll still be more screentime for the final encounter than the OVA, even with the fact the OVA has a longer run-time. The final encounter in the OVA is only 2 episodes, since the first episode of Dio's World in the OVA is Polnareff vs Vanilla Ice.

But, if this next fight is only 2 episodes, that should leave us 5 episodes to wrap up the series, because there's no way Vanilla Ice isn't more than 2 episodes if D'arby the Gamer is 2 episodes, since D'arby the Gamer has a higher chapter count. Of course, we won't know if D'arby the Gamer is 3 episodes or not until the 2nd part airs.
9, minus 2/3 D'Arby Gamer, 2/3 Vanilla Ice. So yeah, I guess we need to wait and see. I'd actually be impressed if the final battle is more than 2 episodes, along with the epilogue.

jgminto

You forgot about Suzie Q and Tanor Sax; I think they'll merge them into 1 episode before the Vanilla Ice encounter.

I don't think those would add anywhere close to an episode. Tenore Sax is a super minor part of D'arby the Gamer, they will probably just cut to Avdol, Polnareff and Iggy exploring and defeating Tenore Sax at the end of the second D'arby episode or something like that. The Suzie Q chapter will probably be just before the start of Dio's World as it is in the manga.

Rofl, people crying about the main characters not dieing. In a couple episodes the bloodbath begins.

Really I'm just waiting for DTL's reaction to what happens to Kakyoin. I've been waiting for almost a year now.

I'm also sitting here waiting for the "wtf they brought back Avdol and Kakyoin just to kill them???" so I can drink some tears

Really I'm just waiting for DTL's reaction to what happens to Kakyoin. I've been waiting for almost a year now.

I'm also sitting here waiting for the "wtf they brought back Avdol and Kakyoin just to kill them???" so I can drink some tears
It kinda shows how Araki didn't know what to do with anyone not named Jotaro or Polnareff in Part 3.

I will bet the term "bad writing" will come into play

Also the death salt will pale in comparison to the saltiness of Jotaro's time stop reveal

Squishy3

I will bet the term "bad writing" will come into play

Also the death salt will pale in comparison to the saltiness of Jotaro's time stop reveal
I bet DTL will still find a way to complain about the deaths, even though it's exactly what he wants.

The Joseph salt is also going to be amazing. Probably not as much as the part 4 Joseph salt will inevitably be, though. They already think he's an idiot compared to his part 2 self and he's not even senile yet!

Is it unfair to compare part 8 to part 4? Cause I have a feeling the reason im not liking part 8 so much is cause I keep thinking "you know this isnt as great as part 4" which is my favorite part of jojo.

Squishy3

And none of us read Part 4 as it was coming out. I imagine we would've been filled with confusion at Josuke cheating at a dice game with Rohan with alien dice that threw up a little bit every time they were thrown.

Numb

Is it unfair to compare part 8 to part 4? Cause I have a feeling the reason im not liking part 8 so much is cause I keep thinking "you know this isnt as great as part 4" which is my favorite part of jojo.

It really is hard to not compare them too.
I doubt you would like any part more than your fav one even if it were complete.

I just hope that someone notices the opening's spoilers when they happen without us having to point it out to see the reactions lol

Dude I can't believe how rife with spoilers that opening is. Like, a person who isn't familiar with Jojojos might not notice it; but someone who is would be "That's a huge spoiler!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom