• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is really batting for Jones that this is supplement problem. Jones will only get 6 month suspension. Book it

And thus Jones continues to face almost no consequences for repeatedly fucking up over and over again

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yeah, I really don't buy the narrative you're writing.

If Jon had been cheating his whole career he would have been caught already. Something should have came up when he was tested positive for cocaine or during his testing during OSP.

As much as you want to write off his legacy, I'm not going to shit on the guys career. Tainted supplements is a real thing.

So many athletes/trainers think they're smarter/better than the system. They think they're uncatchable with their cycles and timings, and then they get caught. Sports are full of people who have evaded positive tests for years and years despite doping. No one gets caught until they get caught.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If Jon had been cheating his whole career he would have been caught already.

As much as you want to write off his legacy, I'm not going to shit on the guys career. Tainted supplements is a real thing

Hahaha, you're an idiot if you think that.

So it was tainted supplements when he had abnormally low ratios for their first fight? Poor Jon, always getting these tainted supplements.

The media is really batting for Jones that this is supplement problem. Jones will only get 6 month suspension. Book it

And thus Jones continues to face almost no consequences for repeatedly fucking up over and over again

More likely than not it probably was a supplement. The range of stuff that can get you popped for is varied. People still have this idea that guys are getting jars of stuff labeled "illegal PEDs!" from a back alley in Mexico or Puerto Rico or something. Doesn't make it any less dumb on the part of him and his team. In 2016 there's no excuse for not being aware of what's on the banned list and what you are putting in your body, even if it's some over the counter shit from GNC.

zewone

More likely than not it probably was a supplement. The range of stuff that can get you popped for is varied. People still have this idea that guys are getting jars of stuff labeled "illegal PEDs!" from a back alley in Mexico or Puerto Rico or something. Doesn't make it any less dumb on the part of him and his team. In 2016 there's no excuse for not being aware of what's on the banned list and what you are putting in your body, even if it's some over the counter shit from GNC.

The only problem is these supplement manufacturers won't properly label what's in the actual container.

USADA really needs to set up a program where fighters can send in supplements to get tested. But, then you're still relying on the supplement manufacturers to be consistent and not change the formula. It's rough.

My opinion after this is, whether it's 6 months, 2 years, or 5 years. If and when JJ comes back he should have to climb his way back up the ladder to get a title shot at DC, or whoever is champion at the time.

Of course.

But if you honestly believe Yoel Romero popped just due to "tainted supplements" Im not sure what to say.

Not to mention Jones having multiple instances of incredibly sketchy T/E ratios and what appears to be injection bumps on his body

Didn't DC also have low T/E ratios or am I misremembering things?

This is indeed true. You can get OTC shit that will get you popped.

My opinion after this is, whether it's 6 months, 2 years, or 5 years. If and when JJ comes back he should have to climb his way back up the ladder to get a title shot at DC, or whoever is champion at the time.

Didn't DC also have low T/E ratios or am I misremembering things?

This is indeed true. You can get OTC shit that will get you popped.

Sure DC had low T/E ratios as well. The sport, like any major sport is loaded as hell in PED users. As we have seen with all these fighters popping as testing gets better. Multiple fighters have gone on record saying at least 50% of the roster is on PED's.

darscot

Why is that more likely?

Because he is a dirtbag drug addict that hit and runs on pregnant women and tries to get away with it. Spouting crazy nonsense like its Gods plan for him. Some people deserve the benefit of the doubt, Jon is not one of them.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The only problem is these supplement manufacturers won't properly label what's in the actual container.

USADA really needs to set up a program where fighters can send in supplements to get tested. But, then you're still relying on the supplement manufacturers to be consistent and not change the formula. It's rough.

They have something like that I believe, but the issue is that these supplement makers handle all sorts of stuff in their bottling facilities, and sometimes a line or a chute doesn't get cleaned properly and a trace amount of something from another batch gets into this batch. So a company can be making a clean supplement for years, and then one batch gets tainted. So you send something to USADA, it gets a green light, then two years later another batch is tainted.

You'd have to send them a pill from every bottle, and then the volumes would be insane from everyone sending everything all the time.

What they need is USADA approved manufacturers who never handle anything that's banned to prevent contamination. Like how Mars makes Mars Bars and Snickers Bars in different facilities so that Mars Bars are guaranteed peanut-free.

Also worth noting if you are in the UFC and want an edge this whole tainted supplement fiasco is brilliant if you want to mask PED usage.

Find a supplement that is tainted through private testing, use PED's, and if you happen to get popped you have an immediate alibi, no fine, and only a 6 month suspension.

If I'm a fighter willing to cheat I would abuse the shit out of this system.

Also worth noting if you are in the UFC and want an edge this whole tainted supplement fiasco is brilliant if you want to mask PED usage.

Find a supplement that is tainted through private testing, use PED's, and if you happen to get popped you have an immediate alibi, no fine, and only a 6 month suspension.

Agreed. I think if you pop, chances that you were cheating and knew it are extremely high. Not saying there aren't the occasional times where innocent athletes get caught, but I am of the belief the majority of people who got caught were cheating.

What they need is USADA approved manufacturers who never handle anything that's banned to prevent contamination. Like how Mars makes Mars Bars and Snickers Bars in different facilities so that Mars Bars are guaranteed peanut-free.

That's a good solution and no more "tainted supplements" excuse because if you go outside of the approved manufacturers list, you're doing so out of your own accord.

nilbog21

Banned
YA at this level if you get busted for PEDs then you are definitely deliberately cheating. It's true lots of OTC supplements have banned ingredients, but the athlete and team are 150% aware of that

Ripenen

You still only get paid if you fight, right?

You still only get paid if you fight, right?

Of course, but the thing is, regardless there are many fighters using PED's in the UFC right now. There are plenty willing to take the risk.

But the thing is, if you are willing to invest some time and money into finding a supplement that is already tainted you can now take your risk from a 2 year ban all the way down to 6 months.

Yes.

Cheating isn't worth it and you will get caught, which is why I'm surprised if anyone cheats on purpose.

I'm sorry but that is woefully naive

How many chances and excuses does this guy get? The likely case is he took a drug to enhance his performance and thought he would get away with it.

How is that an excuse? If he took a banned supplement and got popped for it, knowingly or not, he's an idiot. These guys have too many resources to not know what they should and shouldn't be taking. Nobody is excusing what he did, you are the one trying to find some kind of difference between "supplement" and "PED". I'm saying he's an idiot no matter what he took.

Dana confirmed on Cowherd's show that Cormier will stay on the card. Not against Bisping though.

Edit: Oppenent will likely be announced later today

darscot

How is that an excuse? If he took a banned supplement and got popped for it, knowingly or not, he's an idiot. These guys have too many resources to not know what they should and shouldn't be taking. Nobody is excusing what he did, you are the one trying to find some kind of difference between "supplement" and "PED". I'm saying he's an idiot no matter what he took.

I do not believe he is as absolved from the intention to cheat as you are. I think he intentionally took drugs to cheat. I do not believe he or someone in his camp made a mistake and he got a bad supplement. I don't think he was just an idiot that did not do his due diligence on what he put in his body. I think he knew exactly what he was taking, he had the full intent of cheating to give him an edge. I don't need to find a difference, a PED is a PED and if you want to call it a "Supplement" I could care less.

I do not believe he is as absolved from the intention to cheat as you are. I think he intentionally took drugs to cheat. I do not believe he or someone in his camp made a mistake and he got a bad supplement. I don't think he was just an idiot that did not do his due diligence on what he put in his body. I think he knew exactly what he was taking, he had the full intent of cheating to give him an edge. I don't need to find a difference, a PED is a PED and if you want to call it a "Supplement" I could care less.

Where in anything I've said am I absolving him of the intention to cheat? I'm saying it doesn't matter. Whether he intended to or not, the result is the same, the fight is off and the card went to shit. That's why the intention is irrelevant and he's an idiot either way. I'm saying there is no difference. I'm not the one saying it's somehow more okay if he took an OTC supplement as opposed to a "PED" (whatever that means).

darscot

Where in anything I've said am I absolving him of the intention to cheat? I'm saying it doesn't matter. Whether he intended to or not, the result is the same, the fight is off and the card went to shit. That's why the intention is irrelevant and he's an idiot either way. I'm saying there is no difference. I'm not the one saying it's somehow more okay if he took an OTC supplement as opposed to a "PED" (whatever that means).

You said it was more likely than not a supplement. I think it is more likely than not he took designer steroids and he thought he would get away with it.

Hjod

Banned
Is Gus the only fighter to get two title shots off losses and never having actually beaten anyone? The great white hope.

Sonnen got two title shots also. But I agree with you, Gus needs to work up to another title shot, no doubt about it.

You said it was more likely than not a supplement. I think it is more likely than not he took designer steroids and he thought he would get away with it.

Im also saying it doesn't matter. How does that "absolve" or make excuses for him? He's an idiot. You don't get a gold star or a pat on the back because "oh the fights off but at least the shit you took wasn't a designer steroid!"

You are right though without knowing much about these guys "more likely" was too strong of a term, but it's a possibility.

Jon has proven time and time again he's a cunt. He doesn't warrant the benefit of the doubt anymore.

DC has been ready and willing to fight him since the last fight. Jon's fucked himself. DC doesn't need to prove to anyone he's a worthy champ now.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Jon has always come across as an idiot who likes to party, but never a cheater to me.

7V2ArKq.gif

MANGOD

Banned
Hope Dana drops this fool once and for all hes a fuckin joke. Press conference was laughable, cry me a river john you fuckin cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom