• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabuseika

Anyone still left on the Jon Jones train is dumber than him.

I think he's done with the UFC.

They've lost more money than they've made from him.

He's a hot potato.

They could put jones in 24hr watch, and he'd still find a way to fuck it up.

ApharmdX

Banned
Mousasi is a good fighter but he hasn't fought in LHW for a while. Still, he can beat anyone on a given night. Might be fun. Or fuck, Bisping, why not?

Zzz no interest in seeing a guy with no wins against top guys in the division get another title shot coming off a loss.

Gimme Cormier vs Werdum

Isn't Werdum on medical suspension still due to having his brain turned to mush by Miocic?

mekes

Now all we need is for Lesnar to test positive as well.

At this point I have no idea how many of these guys are doing it and not getting caught.

Well. Brock is exempt from some of the tests because he's been out of competition. Mark Hunt has said a few times that this will mean Brock is "juiced to the gills." And it is and will be obvious that he is. This sucks for the card as a whole. The Brock fight has no importance to it. Frankie and Aldo albeit being a great fight has no importance to it. The card is suddenly looking a lot less unattractive.

First card in years where I was meeting with some friends to watch it. Hype levels have gone down significantly. What a shame.

Z8Wpmy5.png

I like this guy!

And they say the swedes have no sense of humour

Just heard the news, God damnit Jones... You had one job

Not surprised Jon Jones once again fucked everything up but I would've thought it wouldn't happen until after the show and was thinking earlier yesterday about how hard this card could get fucked if something like this happened at the last minute and then here we are.

They're going to cut him this time right? How many strikes is this now? He's fucked over a lot of people this time and cost them a lot of money.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Isn't Jones likely to go to jail for probation violation? What would the jail term be for that? 5 years?
I'm not sure how PEDs work with probation. If it was coke then yeah, he gone.
bet dana wishes he hadn't been such a man baby and booked tate/holm now
I don't get people blaming Dana for any of this. I think the guy is a massive tool but this shit is out of his control at this point. If you've got someone willing to throw their career away like that, what can you do?

People will bag him for not having Connor in there. But Connor refused to promote a fight that nobody wanted but him and he had to pull all his muscle to get.

I don't know. Seems like a shit time.

oxidax

Ppl jinxed this card so many times that it was bound to get fucked up at the very last minute and in a fashion way.

Jone's body might have 10 more years in him like he said at the presser, but his brain is done. How can u be this dumb?

Aiii

So not worth it
Ppl jinxed this card so many times that it was bound to get fucked up at the very last minute and in a fashion way.

Jone's body might have 10 more years in him like he said at the presser, but his brain is done. How can u be this dumb?

Get punched in the head a lot?

So how many times has Jon Jones boned the UFC out of money?
Anyone else seeing the irony in cutting Jones for PEDs and putting Bork as a headliner haha?

Brock's been tested for PEDs most of the last 20 years and has never failed one. Are you suggesting he's using and just not been caught or the accusations of his PED usage, especially by Hunt a few weeks ago despite never failing a test make this funnier?

Hjod

Banned
Brock's been tested for PEDs most of the last 20 years and has never failed one. Are you suggesting he's using and just not been caught or the accusations of his PED usage, especially by Hunt a few weeks ago despite never failing a test make this funnier?

The funny thing in my mind is Brock looking like he does at the age of 38 and never been caught using PEDs/Test/Hgh.

But who tests the wrestlers in the WWE, not USADA I guess?

Overeem shared his horse with Bones.

Overeem-Horse.gif

Busty

Banned
Jone Jones is young enough that he could still come back but it should right at the very bottom of the rankings and let him work his way back up to the belt if he's able. What else is he going to do? Go to Bellator? Pffft.

I hope that the UFC another fight Daniel Cormier ASAP, they could probably have him fight as the co main event on UFC 201 seeing as he isn't known to be a big PPV pull himself.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm not defending Jones and find this whole ordeal highly embarrassing for the sport but...

We actually don't know anything yet other than that there was a violation.

We don't know what the substance is and we don't know whether they have tested the B sample yet (I suspect not).

Chances are Jon fucked up and is a dirty rotten cheater but we don't know that for certain yet. B sample might come back clean and even if not, we don't know for sure that he has even tested positive for steroids (before people start commenting on the way his body looks).

To be real, Jon Jones doesn't strike me as someone who can stay out of trouble in these supposed two years away from competition. This could end up spiraling out of control very quickly.

Jonny Jonziel

damn shame, was really looking forward to this fight. even moreso than the lesnar one honestly :(

Maoyama

Banned
Um, everyone.... We still don't know what he popped for.

Machida popped for disclosing taking a supplement he didn't know was banned. He even told them before he got tested he was taking it, totally unaware of it being illegal.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/4/13/11425890/lyoto-machida-pulled-from-dan-henderson-fight-at-ufc-on-fox-19-usada-violation-mma

Yoel Romero took a tainted supplement, was able to provide the lot and batch numer and USADA checked the supplement was indeed tainted so he got a very short supsension?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/4/11360268/sources-yoel-romero-usada-reach-settlement-on-shorter-suspension

BJ penn went to the hospital and got an IV bag on recommendation of his doctor and told USADA immediately. USADA took about 2 months to actually get to his statement and flagged him a few days before his fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/23/11756668/b-j-penn-flagged-by-usada-for-iv-use-pulled-from-ufc-199-bout-against

oxidax

They just need to pull another McGregor/Diaz and find another fighter last minute
. As fucked up as it is, I know someone out there will want to fight just for the love of the sport.

Maoyama

Banned
Yeah man, it's not like its a guy with a history of doing shit...

Again, if he took a tainted supplement and can provide batch and loy number as evidencs it is totally different than if he popped for hgh or straight steroids

Aiii

So not worth it
Again, if he took a tainted supplement and can provide batch and loy number as evidencs it is totally different than if he popped for hgh or straight steroids

I'm sure he's very clean, drinking herbal tea and vaping rosebud melange while keeping to a strict vegan diet. Must have been a mistake with his vitamin mix, surely.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm sure it was tainted supplements that caused his abnormally low ratios last time too, should have tried that excuse when he got caught for cocaine.

hwalker84

All UFC Main Events are five rounds.

All main events are five rounds. Fights moved up because the main event got canceled do not automatically get changed to a 5 rounder. The training for 3 to 5 are different. It's not fair to the fighters. This is also not anything new or surprising if you watch the UFC regularly.

Aiii

So not worth it
All main events are five rounds. Fights moved up because the main event got canceled do not automatically get changed to a 5 rounder. The training for 3 to 5 are different. It's not fair to the fighters. This is also not anything new or surprising if you watch the UFC regularly.

Okay? Good for you? You sure showed me?

Honestly, no idea what to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom