• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
Embarrassing.

Feel awful for DC. The man worked his ass off and he'll ALWAYS have that dark cloud over his head of not being able to beat the champ.

Fox318

They should seriously cut Jon, especially if he gets that 2 year suspension. This is unbelievable.
He would go right to Bellator or juice up and fight in Russia or Japan.

Dude is done in the UFC and probably should be in jail for the fact he ran and his from the cops so he wouldn't have to take a blood test.

Must be a gentic thing because everyone in his family are always messing with shit.

Wow! What a fucking doofus

AND STILL!

giphy.gif

lol perfect

Dude spoiled it for himself. He doesn't need PEDs to be at the top. He's good enough naturally (unless he's been taking them the whole time, which I doubt).

Fox318

lol nobody cares if their mma fighters take PEDs.
We just lost Kimbo from comlications to steroids and if Dada stayed dead in that cage the sport will die.

Last thing the sport needs is people like Panama Lewis and others advocating for steroids and cheating.

Duress

Bleh. My friends were all too busy to watch this. All the more reason to not pick up this pay per view.

ApharmdX

Banned
Watching the live press conference, and it's a PED positive result, if the MMA media discussion in the background is accurate. Taints Jones' entire career if so. He's had suspect results in the past that raised eyebrows so this comes as little surprise.

dream

White said he was unclear how Cormier would be compensated considering the amount of money that he makes.

Get the fuck outta here. It's very clear what you do. You treat that motherfucker like he fought and won, and you give the man his entire purse and his PPV cut.

We just lost Kimbo from comlications to steroids and if Dada stayed dead in that cage the sport will die.

Last thing the sport needs is people like Panama Lewis and others advocating for steroids and cheating.

I'm talking in terms of legacy. It's not the black mark like it is in, say, baseball. The general public still views these guys as pieces of meat.

Fox318

And they are right in the middle of trying to sell the UFC with the Ali act hanging in the air.

Jones may have fucked the UFC in more ways than just a single ppv event.

smurfx

get some go again
this guy is a disaster. the ufc would be better off forever cutting ties with him. they need to phone zuluzinho or butter bean for the last minute replacement.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
UFC statement on Jon Jones
July 06, 2016

The UFC organization was notified tonight that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 16, 2016.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed.

However, because Jones was scheduled to compete against Daniel Cormier this coming Saturday, July 9 in Las Vegas, there is insufficient time for a full review before the scheduled bout and therefore the fight has been removed from the fight card. As a result, the three-round heavyweight bout between Brock Lesnar and Mark Hunt will become the UFC 200 main event.

Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information or UFC statements will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

Ticket refunds available upon request at primary point of purchase.

Even giving refunds. This is surely going to affect their selling price.

sirap

Makes you wonder if he's been on gear for his entire career. Sucks that this has to happen 2 days before the event. Hope the UFC compensate Cormier properly.

Fox318

Makes you wonder if he's been on gear for his entire career. Sucks that this has to happen 2 days before the event. Hope the UFC compensate Cormier properly.
He wasn't popped before the OSP fight but like all guys they we're probably on some shit.

Now all we need is for Lesnar to test positive as well.

At this point I have no idea how many of these guys are doing it and not getting caught.

Fox318

This also fucked Tate considering she was also getting a cut of the PPV.

Shit there isn't even a light heavyweight on the card they could bump up for DC

KissVibes

Banned
But this throws Jones credibility into question entirely

Absolutely, but I think that cloud is still a HUGE thing for DC mentally, and as time goes on the question asked of him, assuming he doesn't ever fight Jones again, will be how he feels not beating the champion.

That fucking sucks. 100%

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now I wait for Brock to hold up Vince for more money

'I'm in the main event at UFC, Vince. And you're giving me Orton?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom