• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromwell

Banned
Jones is young enough that this isn't necessarily the end of his career.

Be a lot harder to build the redemption storyline next time around though.

Way more likely that this is the end of his UFC career than not. Dana is never going to forgive this shit. He was so stubborn about Conor that he fucked him out of 200 just to stand his ground, if he wouldn't back down for that I don't know how he'd allow Jones yet another chance.

I didn't say it won't take a hit because I clearly did say that "it will take a hit."

My point of contention was that it doesn't need 'salvaging.' Cards like UFC 151 when Hendo dropped off, needed salvaging, cards like the one Anderson Silva saved in Brazil needed salvaging. This doesn't need salvaging.

My contention was more with the line of "this card will be fine because it has enough great fights" when it has been shown more than few times in recent history that quality of the fights matters little to the majority of the audience.

FUME5

Way more likely that this is the end of his UFC career than not. Dana is never going to forgive this shit. He was so stubborn about Conor that he fucked him out of 200 just to stand his ground, if he wouldn't back down for that I don't know how he'd allow Jones yet another chance.

Dana likes money, if the UFC has been sold as per the rumours it's unlikely his new bosses will give him as much free reign as the Ferititas to be an arsehole.

Or else he steamrolls everyone in Bellator for a year or two and the UFC want him back.

dream

To be fair, most 5 round non-title fights are terrible, and one of the worst innovations to come along up until the fight kits.

Cromwell

Banned
Dana likes money, if the UFC has been sold as per the rumours it's unlikely his new bosses will give him as much free reign as the Ferititas to be an arsehole.

Or else he steamrolls everyone in Bellator for a year or two and the UFC want him back.

Maybe. We're talking many years though, at least 2, DC will probably be retired, and if Jones loses a fight people will just be wondering about what could have been if this shit didn't happen.

He could have kept his legacy mostly intact with tonight's fight, now it's fucked forever.

MjFrancis

Ya, it's funny, out of the main fights it was probably the least interesting to me, but apparently now a lot of people aren't going to watch.
I've been vocal about not watching Jones fight for years now, I remember watching the card where his first fought Cormier and I left the bar immediately before his fight came on. One of the greatest of all time, but highlights were enough for me.

Still, he's a draw and I get the appeal. Casual fans are a fickle bit and dropping the main event with three day's notice is a bad look no matter how they spin it.

ScribbleD

Even if Jones actually cleans up his act eventually, he's now too much of a risk. Can't make the UFC money if there's this lingering doubt about whether or not he's going to fail a drug test leading up to the card you're trying to promote.

Also, popping hot for PEDs? No sympathy. Fuck the, "Aww, but he worked so hard, he must feel so bad," narrative. DC on the other hand...I feel terrible for him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jon Jones you goddamned idiot.

Gegard is ready:
screenshot2016-07-07as0j6p.png

screenshot2016-07-07a0bjjh.png

I wonder if we'll ever know just how prevalent these enhancers really are in this sport. Jones was one of the guys you could believe wasn't on anything considering he was pretty scrawny, I can't imagine what this means for the guys that look like straight up muscular freaks.

ron_bato

My contention was more with the line of "this card will be fine because it has enough great fights" when it has been shown more than few times in recent history that quality of the fights matters little to the majority of the audience.

Sure, and I agree, but not all of these cards with enough great fights had Brock Lesnar, and not all of these fight cards had the promotional push as tent pole event that UFC 200 has received.

M_A_C

I wonder if we'll ever know just how prevalent these enhancers really are in this sport. Jones was one of the guys you could believe wasn't on anything considering he was pretty scrawny, I can't imagine what this means for the guys that look like straight up muscular freaks.

QEADSY8.jpg

Pre layoff jones sure, post layoff jones looked like the local juice king to me. At this point I assume everyone is juicing though, the only difference is who gets caught.

Yeah Jones has always been pretty Yoked. He has skinny legs and during his off season looks scrawny, but every time during fight week he's magically cut as fuck and ripped

jugo

Neo Member
I just found out and this probably has already been said, but the only man able to beat Jones is Jones.

geardo

This is some fucking bullshit. I was super pumped to watch this fight. Jones needs to just go away forever now. The UFC can piss off if they don't give DC his proper cut (which they won't). Ugh. I'm venting.

MG310

Evans/Cormier if Rashad didn't get a medical suspension after his lip sync battle with Uriah Hall today.

Jezbollah

Seriously. Vinnie Mac must be rubbing his hands right now.

The UFC having to rely on him loaning Brock to be the main event on the biggest card in UFC history.

Someone on reddit pointed out the 3 bumps on Jones stomach here as being potentially from injecting.

Seriously fuck this loser tho. Hes a scummy person, hes now proven to be a cheat, he couldve potentially killed that unborn baby in the DUI incident, fuck him. Id say he was maybe clean fighting OSP hence his below par performance, when he realized DC would fuck him up alot harder than OSP would, he jumped right back on the mexican suppliments

Doikor

Someone on reddit pointed out the 3 bumps on Jones stomach here as being potentially from injecting.

Seriously fuck this loser tho. Hes a scummy person, hes now proven to be a cheat, he couldve potentially killed that unborn baby in the DUI incident, fuck him. Id say he was maybe clean fighting OSP hence his below par performance, when he realized DC would fuck him up alot harder than OSP would, he jumped right back on the mexican suppliments

He has had them from UFC 151 at least (replies on same thread showing pictures from previous weighins)

Bad Trip

Banned
Although I think DC is a cornball and was rooting for Jones , I feel for him . At the end of the day DC is losing out on real money he was definitely banking on to continue living his life. Jones is a POS for this

Cromwell

Banned
Although I think DC is a cornball and was rooting for Jones , I feel for him . At the end of the day DC is losing out on real money he was definitely banking on to continue living his life. Jones is a POS for this

DC is fucking legit and handled this like a man. I don't know why anyone would still be trash talking him after this, he went through a full camp and now loses out on everything because the other guy decided to be a selfish moron.

The "paper champ" talk needs to die if Jones ends up banned for 2 or more years or goes back to prison. The dude killed his own career and might never be back in the Octagon.

VoxPop

Sigh. This is a lot more disappointing for me than when Silva got popped. I don't really care as much about the fight being scrapped as much as I was looking forward to it. I always held Jones in high regard despite all the drama these past few years. I wanted heel Jones but this is pure xpac heat. DC is in a shitty situation and wish the best for him.

The injection pictures are pretty alarming as the witch hunt has also led to pics of Conor surfacing from the ESPN body issue and the old GSP ones including his HGH gut. I know PEDs are rampant in most major sports but my sincerest props to the guys at the top who are legit clean. Seriously, fuck you Jon Jones.

Doikor

DC is fucking legit and handled this like a man. I don't know why anyone would still be trash talking him after this, he went through a full camp and now loses out on everything because the other guy decided to be a selfish moron.

The "paper champ" talk needs to die if Jones ends up banned for 2 or more years or goes back to prison. The dude killed his own career and might never be back in the Octagon.

Main problem is that DC most likely will never get to fight Jones if Jones gets the "standard" 2 year suspension. Even if Jones continues in UFC after that DC is most likely retired by then. (DC is 37 now so would be 39 then. Getting way too old for MMA even if heavy weights last a bit longer)

Aiii

So not worth it
Main problem is that DC most likely will never get to fight Jones if Jones gets the "standard" 2 year suspension. Even if Jones continues in UFC after that DC is most likely retired by then. (DC is 37 now so would be 39 then. Getting way too old for MMA even if heavy weights last a bit longer)

There's no "problem" anymore. Jon Jones is a cunt and he's legitimately not the champion. Cormier fought and won that belt by beating the top guy (next to himself) in the rankings and has only ever lost to a doped up guy by decision.

Fuck anyone who thinks he's not a legitimate champion, really.

Cromwell

Banned
There's no "problem" anymore. Jon Jones is a cunt and he's legitimately not the champion. Cormier fought and won that belt by beating the top guy (next to himself) in the rankings and has only ever lost to a doped up guy by decision.

This.

Amen

geardo

Shhhhhhiiiiiittttttttttt

I might still buy the PPV for Brock and Miesha, but damn I wanted to see Jones and DC so bad.

To make up for the lost fight they should have Mighty Mouse fight whoever because he's the most entertaining UFC fighter IMO

Doikor

In terms of the biggest payday of DCs life it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom