• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones out of UFC 200 - Possible violation of anti doping policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

He's 28. The UFC and either Dana, or the new Chinese ownership group, will welcome him back with open arms if he wants it.
If he spends two years out of the game, who knows what he'll be like by the time he returns. He'll also have to win at least a couple fights before getting another title shot.

kirblar

So DC doesn't get anything? After all the press he did? That seems fucked up.
What? No. He's going to get the winner's prize purse by default here. Dana's many things, a guy who fucks the other guy in situations like this is not one of them.

This is just super fucked up because it's a career/star making opportunity for DC he just lost. He's not getting a bigger audience than he'd have here.

He's 28. The UFC and either Dana, or the new Chinese ownership group, will welcome him back with open arms if he wants it.

Sure and a Jones without PED's who has fought a whopping 1 time over the course of 4 years isn't someone I'm going to put my hat on to win. Unless he gets matched up with someone pretty low ranked he will take his first legit loss in his fight back

hes pretty much done.

I wouldn't go that far but I'm not sure we will ever see him as champion again, unless of course something is off with the test.

not if the b sample is clean, or he gets off on the tainted supplement defense

No doubt, that is always a possibility, but judging by Jones multiple suspect tests in the past I'm pretty sure this will be a legit PED fail

If he spends two years out of the game, who knows what he'll be like by the time he returns. He'll also have to win at least a couple fights before getting another title shot.

Sure and a Jones without PED's who has fought a whopping 1 time over the course of 4 years isn't someone I'm going to put my hat on to win. Unless he gets matched up with someone pretty low ranked he will take his first legit loss in his fight back

Who said he'll be any good? I'm just saying his UFC career is far from over, even with a 2 year ban. I was responding to the idea that the UFC will "wash their hands" of him, as if they have any integrity in terms of letting juiced fighters come back.

Fox318

They have him a shot after a year off when he should have been in jail.

Only for him to get arrested again drag racing.

Cromwell

Banned
What? No. He's going to get the winner's prize purse by default here. Dana's many things, a guy who fucks the other guy in situations like this is not one of them.

This is just super fucked up because it's a career/star making opportunity for DC he just lost. He's not getting a bigger audience than he'd have here.

Oh, ok. I had no idea how the payouts work in situations like this. At least he's getting the check.

And yeah, this is heartbreaking for him either way though. Even if Jones somehow comes back it seems like it'll be a year minimum and DC isn't getting any younger. This was the big moment. And now it's blown.

Even if the UFC gives DC his show and win bonus that is nothing in the grand scheme of things. He would have gotten PPV points as well, especially as the main event.

DC lost literally millions and millions of dollars over this

BadAss2961

Who said he'll be any good? I'm just saying his UFC career is far from over, even with a 2 year ban. I was responding to the idea that the UFC will "wash their hands" of him, as if they have any integrity in terms of letting juiced fighters come back.
I agree there, the UFC would definitely take him back. When people say he's done, I think they mean he'll never be the same again.

Never said he he will be "washed clean" by them.

He will not headline a PPV in his return. Co-main likely

ron_bato

We only had a few days left, why why whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. -_-

This sucks for DC, win or lose, this was going to be a mega payday for him.

dream

You people thinking Bones Jones will even return are probably being overly optimistic.

The thing about Bones Jones is he has no employable skills or hobbies, other than cocaine and white women who aren't his wife. If he's suspended for two years, he's going to spend what little money he has left on his hobbies, and then one day TMZ Sports will find him squeegeeing windows at a car wash to try to make rent for his tiny basement suite in Detroit, Michigan.

Heel

To be real, Jon Jones doesn't strike me as someone who can stay out of trouble in these supposed two years away from competition. This could end up spiraling out of control very quickly.

Fox318

You people thinking Bones Jones will even return are probably being overly optimistic.

The thing about Bones Jones is he has no employable skills or hobbies, other than cocaine and white women who aren't his wife. If he's suspended for two years, he's going to spend what little money he has left on his hobbies, and then one day TMZ Sports will find him squeegeeing windows at a car wash to try to make rent for his tiny basement suite in Detroit, Michigan.
He can room with his brothers and sleep on police steps while high on synthetic weed.

Wow, I'm gutted right now ;_;

The Impact Zone beckons.

Cromwell

Banned

Also, the last fucking 12 months were all about his recovery process and how he's a changed man. That he's taking this super seriously and all that.

Fucking imagine how pissed Dana must be right now. Probably the most upset he's ever been at anything that's happened in the UFC.

ron_bato

It would be pretty fucking ironic if the UFC announces at Nate and Conor's press conference tomorrow that they'll just say 'fuck it' and let Conor and nate fight at UFC 200 lol

edit: Now Bisping is throwing his name out there lol

Fox318

Also, the last fucking 12 months were all about his recovery process and how he's a changed man. That he's taking this super seriously and all that.

Fucking imagine how pissed Dana must be right now. Probably the most upset he's ever been at anything that's happened in the UFC.
I don't know man he was ready to box tito...

Cromwell

Banned
It would be pretty fucking ironic if the UFC announces at Nate and Conor's press conference tomorrow that they'll just say 'fuck it' and let Conor and nate fight at UFC 200 lol

That would be fucking rad. I don't know if Conor would go for it, he really wants to win this one and probably isn't fully prepared. Nate doesn't give a fuck though.

Fox318

That would be fucking rad. I don't know if Conor would go for it, he really wants to win this one and probably isn't fully prepared. Nate doesn't give a fuck though.
Conor despite not wanting to do the comercial for 200 wants to do a proper promo tour.

Bravo to Bisping for stepping up because DC would fucking eat him alive if that match actually happened.

Yeah I saw Bisping put his name in the hat. I actually over the years have come to like the guy and its pretty crazy how he ended up being the champ

But DC would wreck his shit badly

ron_bato

Bravo to Bisping for stepping up because DC would fucking eat him alive if that match actually happened.

He has nothing to lose though, so it makes sense for him. yeah sure he loses the fight, gets beat up a bit, but those $$$$ would sure be nice.

Upside is he pulls a Rockhold on DC and we're talking about Michael Bisping GOAT lol. Beating Anderson Silva, and winning 2 belts in 2 different weight classes, all within a four month span.

Cromwell

Banned
He has nothing to lose though, so it makes sense for him. yeah sure he loses the fight, gets beat up a bit, but those $$$$ would sure be nice.

Upside is he pulls a Rockhold on DC and we're talking about Michael Bisping GOAT lol. Beating Anderson Silva, and winning 2 belts in 2 different weight classes, all within a four month span.

Yeah the money would be good and he'd still get to fight Rockhold again, but barring some insane divine intervention there's no way he gets lucky with DC. Rockhold was an insane upset but still within the realm of reality, but DC took a hit from Rumble (the heaviest hitter in the division if not the entire UFC) and still beat him. He's got a serious jaw, there's a reason Jones is the only dude who's outmatched him.

ron_bato

Yeah the money would be good and he'd still get to fight Rockhold again, but barring some insane divine intervention there's no way he gets lucky with DC. Rockhold was an insane upset but still within the realm of reality, but DC took a hit from Rumble (the heaviest hitter in the division if not the entire UFC) and still beat him. He's got a serious jaw, there's a reason Jones is the only dude who's outmatched him.

Oh I definitely agree, DC is going to maul Bisping if it happens (especially on a few days notice), but if for some reason the MMA gods decided they'd want to give Michael Bisping one more treat, there's that lol.

But this really sucks for DC to put up with Jones these past few months, put in the time for training, sacrifice so much for your family and to have this shit pulled out from under you.. Can't imagine what that must feel like.

Jones finds a way to hurt DC more than beating him, this guy is a legend

As much as this hurts DC, jones has probably ruined his entire career going forward.

This video in retrospect is now hilarious. Skip to 3:05 to see Jones flexing and bragging about how ripped he is for this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=186&v=6Z6sSijyBaE

Edit - I should have the link set to land on the time now

That's one natural looking 6pack.

jabuseika

VLaNw2J.jpg

When you know he fucked with you one last time.

Malki is a total sleeze ball. You listen to the guy talk for more than 5 minutes and its beyond obvious.

Get ready for an infinite line of excuses. Thing is the dude is so good at what he does it will probably work. I mean he got Yoel off the hook so I'm sure he can get Jones off too.

Still though, we all know Jones was juicing

He's already trying to say that Jones isn't doping. Damage control to the max. Dude acted like a joke during the whole Yoel saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom