• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Jones tests positive for steroids after UFC 214, title stripped

Exile20

Official UFC statement. Just the standard stuff and nothing juicy but here it is

He has fucked up his entire legacy, and his children have a great father to look up to growing up for sure. But hey he's got money so that's all that matters ya know. I'm also sure his longtime girlfriend is thrilled with his choices

Considering all the dumb decisions that he has made on his life, I will not be surprised if he ends up like those guys who lost all their money and/or dying young

Ye, his legacy sure but not his life. Come on now. Unless he goes to jail or goes homeless then.

4 years is an eternity in the UFC now. Dude has fought 2 fights since January of 2015 where he beat DC. Add 4 years of no fighting, plus the fact he is at his pinnacle peak means by time he gets to fighting, he will be in physical decline. Look how quickly Anderson Silva went from being untouchable to thrashed around by guys like Sonnen and then Ko'ed by Weidman.

This is someone about to lose all sponsors, all goodwill and support. By time he gets back, LHW could be an entirely new division.

And in 4 years he can get all that back. You think UFC or Bellator are going to be all that picky? Think about some of the garbage matchups those two organizations put together this year. IF they think they can sell a fight with him in 4 years, they'll do it in a heart beat. He can absolutely fight again at 34 if he wants to. I'm not saying he'll be good, just that his career isn't necessarily over.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
lol. I always thought he was overrated anyway. Not that he isn't good, but he gets by being tall as fuck, steroids, and beating dudes who are on their last legs anyway.
Fucking insanely ignorant post here. Is this local sports talk radio? Is this where we go for the hot takes?

smoothj

In the end. Jones lacked confidence and could only execute when he was juiced up. The willingness to still cheat after so many mistakes shows he wasn't confident he could beat DC without them.

Only other thing is maybe having an injury and trying to recover quickly, but after so many past issues, it's the boy who cried wolf.

Ye, his legacy sure but not his life. Come on now. Unless he goes to jail or goes homeless then.

Jon has gone to jail....he also has shown zero signs of improving his life or the piece of legit shit he is.

You think Jon is rich now? How fucking rich would he be if he kept his life in check? How many huge sponsors would be on his side? How many more big fights and paydays could he have gotten without PED suspensions?

Just because he has a little money in the bank doesn't mean he hasn't self sabotaged his own life. He 100% has

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
And in 4 years he can get all that back. You think UFC or Bellator are going to be all that picky? Think about some of the garbage matchups those two organizations put together this year. IF they think they can sell a fight with him in 4 years, they'll do it in a heart beat. He can absolutely fight again at 34 if he wants to. I'm not saying he'll be good, just that his career isn't necessarily over.
The way this is going, let's not act like UFC is a lock to still be around in 4 years.

lol. I always thought he was overrated anyway. Not that he isn't good, but he gets by being tall as fuck, steroids, and beating dudes who are on their last legs anyway.

Ridiculous. Jon Jones is the greatest natural talent in MMA history. Yes, he head all the physical advantages a fighter could ask for, but he 100% had the skill and creativity go with those. He is essentially the Roy Jones Jr of MMA.

Fantomas

Statement from Jones's manager

We are all at a complete loss for words right now. Jon, his trainers, his nutritionists and his entire camp have worked tirelessly and meticulously the past 12 months to avoid this exact situation. We are having the samples tested again to determine the validity or source of contamination. Jon is crushed by this news and we are doing whatever we can as a team, to support him.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Ridiculous. Jon Jones is the greatest natural talent in MMA history. Yes, he head all the physical advantages a fighter could ask for, but he 100% had the skill and creativity go with those. He is essentially the Roy Jones Jr of MMA.

Eh I wouldn't go that far. At this point we really do have to question how much PED's affected his performances in the Octagon.

I agree he is / was very talented, but he is a proven cheater at this point, and steroids make a night and day difference. Look at TRT Vitor and current Vitor.

Jones has no place in the P4P / GOAT convo anymore imo

the crazy thing is he'll only be 34 in four years. That's younger than DC is now and younger than like 5 of the current top 10 LWHs. His career is likely far from over if he wants it. That is of course assuming he doesn't wind up dead or in jail before then.

You have Not seen the last time Jon Jones Arrested makes headlines

Khrno

USADA is ruining MMA.

Vince was getting fucked in the early 90s and he went public.

Dana is getting fucked in the mid 10's, although the Congress is not onto him, will he go public too?

Before people start replying with bullshit: /s

DFRhHNGU0AAUoJP.jpg

Jon Bones Jones ✔ @JonnyBones
Daniel says the only reason I defeated him the first time is because I must have been on steroids, wonder what his excuse will be this time
12:53 PM - Jul 21, 2017

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/888441810825228289

tumblr_meb8evcU021roqzu6o1_400.gif

Anth0ny

absolute fucking idiot

dude was the #2 biggest star in UFC and now he's DONE

UFC needs GSP back right now and pray he can draw like he used to

absolute fucking idiot

dude was the #2 biggest star in UFC and now he's DONE

UFC needs GSP back right now and pray he can draw like he used to

I honestly wonder if GSP will still be a big draw. I think he will do well still, but the days of him easy / regularly doing close to or over 1 million buys are kinda over imo but we will see

I'm seeing this steroid has a half life of 16 hours.

So in other words for him to pop he was using as recently as 48 hours before the fight if I'm reading this correctly

I mean this is legit conspiracy theory level stuff.

Why would the UFC want a fighter, who just drew 850,00+ plus buys in his last fight to be now out of the sport for up to 4 years.

Its to setup his title run in the WWE when he destroys Brock?

OR

Jon Jones is being sent on a mission with other top athletes to stop Planet X from colliding with Earth at the end of September.

Its either one or the other. Or both. Or neither.

Think about what happens in 4 years...

Or apparently Jon Jones for President 2020.

Eh I wouldn't go that far. At this point we really do have to question how much PED's affected his performances in the Octagon.

I agree he is / was very talented, but he is a proven cheater at this point, and steroids make a night and day difference. Look at TRT Vitor and current Vitor.

Jones has no place in the P4P / GOAT convo anymore imo

PEDs don't grant technique, skill or creativity.

Jon Jones is a filthy, rotten cheat that has ruined his own legacy and tarnished that of DC, but he's also the most naturally talented fighter in MMA history. I don't see anyone that really rivals him aside from Demetrious Johnson.

And that's what makes this so damn frustrating.

And if we're discounting PED users from GOAT discussions, the same goes for pretty much anyone not named Demetrious Johnson or Daniel Cormier that are in the running.

Like really

Who's more talented than Jon Jones?

Stay woke, friends.
Fucking lizard people trying to ruin his career.

OR

Jon Jones is being sent on a mission with other top athletes to stop Planet X from colliding with Earth at the end of September.

Its either one or the other. Or both. Or neither.

Or apparently Jon Jones for President 2020.
Definitely this.

Khrno

You mean this is just a master plan by Vince to have the golden boy Roman Reigns defeat that cheating scum Jon Jones and become the hero that we all deserve?

What a brilliant plan sturgboski! Vince will call you in 2 minutes to hire your services as Roman Reigns booker.

Top Bottom