• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

shaowebb

Also they made Foodfight merch. Who wants their very own pooprat?

sBC02wY.jpg

dfzRbeg.gif

I think this guy is a lot better than that Angry Nerd.
Jontron might be my favorite content creator on youtube. He's just so funny, and he's only gotten better over time (I've been watching him since he was posting user vids on GT back in the day and he's only getting better and better, while AVGN is arguably not, though I still like his new stuff).

WillyFive

Jontron might be my favorite content creator on youtube. He's just so funny, and he's only gotten better over time (I've been watching him since he was posting user vids on GT back in the day and he's only getting better and better, while AVGN is arguably not, though I still like his new stuff).

Yeah. Heck, he's still working on that movie of his.

MrBadger

I kind of see AVGN as the Simpsons of web shows. He's not the most entertaining of the bunch currently, but when he was in his prime, he was a huge inspiration. Also agreed on Jontron. Currently my favourite youtuber as well.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You can tell Jon was a theater kid. His sense of timing and use of body language and tone is really great compared to other video makers with a similar style.

AniHawk

nc's foodfight review led me to jontron's foodfight review and now i've seen about six jontron videos. the goosebumps one is fucking amazing god damn.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
so NC did foodfight
But maybe its because I had already seen it but I think jon did it better in this case.
Anyway still a fun watch, some scenes not show by Jon are used.
CinemaSins also just recently did Birdemic. While Jon's was funnier, CinemaSins did go into a lot more detail about everything. There were scenes I didn't know where in the movie because Jon didn't cover the whole thing.

Jon just does funny little short reviews. The other two are much more thorough.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, glad to see so much praise for Jon. I always thought the guy deserved it and got an unnecessary amount of hate. Maybe he is better off not being on Grumps, despite me missing his presence on the show.

Wow, glad to see so much praise for Jon. I always thought the guy deserved it and got an unnecessary amount of hate. Maybe he is better off not being on Grumps, despite me missing his presence on the show.
He got dumped on by egoraptor's fanboys while he was on Grumps, but honestly Arin is just as insufferable on that show (which is the humor of it).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
CinemaSins also just recently did Birdemic. While Jon's was funnier, CinemaSins did go into a lot more detail about everything. There were scenes I didn't know where in the movie because Jon didn't cover the whole thing.

Jon just does funny little short reviews. The other two are much more thorough.
With movies this shitty I don't care about being thorough tbh. You don't need detail to point out the problems

TimmiT

Hated this guy so much in boring grumps, likes him in Jontron.

is this normal?

While I liked him on Game Grumps at first, I definitely got bored of him basically pulling the same shtick after a while. He's far better in his own videos, probably because he puts more time into the jokes.

UrbanRats

Hated this guy so much in boring grumps, likes him in Jontron.

is this normal?

I only watched a couple of video of his, but i find them pretty funny.

Well produced, nice humor, and he has a good comedic screen presence and some good timing, i think. (though i didn't care much for the skits involving the other youtubers, so far)

On the other hand i watched like, 2 episodes of Gaming Grumps, and found it terribly boring (not him alone, the whole thing) their attempt at improvisational humor just wasn't clicking with me at all.

So even though i haven't watched much, i'm inclined to think he works better with a decent amount of production values and good editing.

jnWake

This episode was fun. The game itself has so many weird stuff that Jon didn't even had to do much.

I wonder if he really started this game in 2012 or if he was just exaggerating. I would have definitely figured out a way to use savestates to clear that gliding section.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I would actually call takeshi's
challenge the best game ever if it had check points.
also holy shit at jontron speaking japanese and not sounding like shit dong it.

Top Bottom