• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

NotLiquid

This episode was fun. The game itself has so many weird stuff that Jon didn't even had to do much.

I wonder if he really started this game in 2012 or if he was just exaggerating. I would have definitely figured out a way to use savestates to clear that gliding section.

He did mention in his MAGFest panel this year that he tried his hands on making a video of the game a long time ago and suggested that he was possibly going to give it another shot.

WillyFive

This episode was fun. The game itself has so many weird stuff that Jon didn't even had to do much.

I wonder if he really started this game in 2012 or if he was just exaggerating. I would have definitely figured out a way to use savestates to clear that gliding section.

He was playing it on a real Famicom, though. In fact, I don't remember a single video of his where he didn't use the real game console and game, but I might be wrong.

jett

D-Member
He was playing it on a real Famicom, though. In fact, I don't remember a single video of his where he didn't use the real game console and game, but I might be wrong.

He's not, he's using a hacked rom, since it was in English. And JonTron records all of his footage from emulators, his footage always looks perfectly clear as if the NES was outputting the signal from HDMI, which it obviously does not. :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Just because he had a Famicom and a copy of the real thing, doesn't mean he was playing from it.

He's playing the fan translated rom and the capture is basically perfect, so unless he has an RGB modded famicom and he got somebody to flash the fan translation on the existing copy, the footage was probably coming from an emulator.

WillyFive

He's not, he's using a hacked rom, since it was in English. And JonTron records all of his footage from emulators, his footage always looks perfectly clear as if the NES was outputting the signal from HDMI, which it obviously does not. :p

Just because he had a Famicom and a copy of the real thing, doesn't mean he was playing from it.

He's playing the fan translated rom and the capture is basically perfect, so unless he has an RGB modded famicom and he got somebody to flash the fan translation on the existing copy, the footage was probably coming from an emulator.

Ah yes; somehow I forgot about the fact that the game was in English. :x

I was disappointed that he missed a couple things.

One, you actually have to pay attention to that map you get. Yes, after all of that, during the hang-gliding segment it's possible to completely miss landing on the correct island. If you keep going, you get to a fifth island and get a game over. And even at the correct island, you have to descend at exactly the right place or you'll touch the land/mountain itself and crash.

Two, if you wait an extra 5 minutes at the black end screen with Takeshi's face, he says "You actually bothered to finish this crappy game? Sucker. Don't take it so seriously."

Neiteio

One, you actually have to pay attention to that map you get. Yes, after all of that, during the hang-gliding segment it's possible to completely miss landing on the correct island. If you keep going, you get to a fifth island and get a game over. And even at the correct island, you have to descend at exactly the right place or you'll touch the land/mountain itself and crash.

Two, if you wait an extra 5 minutes at the black end screen with Takeshi's face, he says "You actually bothered to finish this crappy game? Sucker. Don't take it so seriously."
Wow... I'm seriously fascinated by this game.

Also, the protag's jump animation is amazing.

Mariolee

Holy crap.

bananas

Banned
"Not everyone is created equal. But not in a racist way. I'm talking more about willpower. Sorry if you thought that was a racist or sexist comment."

Sorry for the bump, but I just watch the latest episode and really liked that part.

Holy shit, that new video...it is so good on so many levels.

It really summarizes how I feel about a lot of franchises that have come and gone over the years.

Fucking Vib Ribbon tease...

Kinsei

Banned
I'm surprised so many people took the Vib Ribbon mention the wrong way. I never got the impression that they would ever make another one since they never bothered localizing the pseudo-sequels during the PS2 era.

I thought they were teasing a retro Playstation IP revival, not Vib Ribbon specifically. It turned out to be fucking Mortal Kombat.

I guess this is how people that were disappointed with the Tropical Freeze reveal felt.

G-Fex

I just got into Jontron a while back catching it randomly somewhere. I love it.

I'm just about to watch this new one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh lord, I laughed at so many of the California Games 2 stuff & reactions. Probably one of my new favorite episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think what made watching this even funnier was knowing what Winter Games was like thanks to AVGN, so I was expecting California Games to be something like that, but different set of sports/mini-games. Boy, were those expectations blown away.

Thought it might come in handy some day, so I made a gif for anyone who's interested
jontron.gif

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Carfornia Games 2's morbidity is so weird. I wonder what possessed them to act all serious in a sports compilation.

Top Bottom