• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Mugsy

I don't get it what's wrong with the new Lobo? I like it it's more modern and fits with the overall aesthetics of the Nu52 "sleek&flashy" the ol Lobo looked like he was perpetually stuck in the 90's.

Being perpetually stuck in the 90's was why people liked him. He was a big stupid unkillable monument to comics of that era.

oh boy oh boy i wonder who!?

TyIoPdJ.jpg

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I don't get it what's wrong with the new Lobo? I like it it's more modern and fits with the overall aesthetics of the Nu52 "sleek&flashy" the ol Lobo looked like he was perpetually stuck in the 90's.

What are you even talking about he's dressed like a bar room brawling biker (inter galactic) the look has been classic anti hero/lone wolf garb for decades. If its all about looks i've seen enough.

Loke13

What are you even talking about he's dressed like a bar room brawling biker (inter galactic) the look has been classic anti hero/lone wolf garb for decades. If its all about looks i've seen enough.
That the old design was hideous and I'm glad they got rid of it.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
That the old design was hideous and I'm glad they got rid of it.

oh yeah im sure you suffered though his solo run in 90's and him mini's and Legion days before that, page by painful page. Get real , his new design is leather biker...vest instead of sleeveless jacket....some crystals and a fuckin fondue hairstyle. The bottom line is no one would bother to "redo" the char if he wasn't what he was for the 20+ years prior. He was already the ruthless intergalactic hitman/bodyguard before the 90's parody run.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Magneto knew on some levels he wasn't shit. Now Prof X? Dude defined hypocrite

knowing you arent shit doesnt remove you from hypocrisy status though. dude is still the flip flopping top dog. x has done outlandish shit

Spoit

Really, all the x-men are case studies in hypocrisy. Or at least that seemed to be the point that AvX was trying to portray

Mxrz

So all this other stuff is going on while the Cabal is out destroying worlds to prevent the annihilation of everything. Well alright.

Loke13

Well not exactly, they aren't preventing anything, the multiverse is still collapsing and their universe is dying.
To be fair they are stalling the immediate destruction of the 616 universe so that people like the Red Skull can carry out there petty little world domination plots.

Showaddy

Well not exactly, they aren't preventing anything, the multiverse is still collapsing and their universe is dying.

Nah Earth would have been destroyed already if it wasn't for the cabal wrecking the alternate reality Earths. Basically Thanos is keeping the world alive whilst Doom's working on fixing the problem completely.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nah Earth would have been destroyed already if it wasn't for the cabal wrecking the alternate reality Earths. Basically Thanos is keeping the world alive whilst Doom's working on fixing the problem completely.

You mean while Thor and Hyperion lead a team of Ex Nihili to take on The Great Destroyer, Rabum Alal.

PsychBat!

Banned
So big news today, big big news. Time Runs Out ends with Secret Wars. I honestly thought Hickman would be done with Marvel after Time Runs Out.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't know why people are expecting movie announcements at NYCC anyhow.

Unless you go to NYCC every year you're not really going to notice the downward trend of movie studio appearances. People just figure it's just the east coast SDCC.

Parallax

The movie plebs just totally dismissed it after the announcement. Which was not fun.
Regardless, Hickman/Ribic. A combo I never thought I would see again.

i didnt think that so many would shit on it for not being movie related.

Then try to kill them all.

Doom is no universe's second choice.

Axis spoilers:
Kind of hoping his Axis inversion sticks and he leads his own team of Avengers. Doom leading his own team his own temporary team was solicited in the December solicitations or something like that.

Mudcrab

So there's an interesting theory floating around that these two teasers:

Aren't about these events being rehashed but instead are alternate earths that will deal with Incursions as part of Hickman's story. Secret Wars starts in May 2015 these say Summer 2015.

Parallax

Aren't about these events being rehashed but instead are alternate earths that will deal with Incursions as part of Hickman's story. Secret Wars starts in May 2015 these say Summer 2015.

thats actually pretty exciting. i wonder if they'll bring the marvel apes world out of retirement

So are we all going off the assumption now that TRO has is simply a prelude A/NA arc to Secret Wars? Can't imagine it will be it's own full fledged event as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That would actually be pretty interesting.

Top Bottom