• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Mudcrab

Any idea if Hickman will continue with SHIELD?

Bc1urs9CEAE8U0E.jpg-large.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What if all these books are just peaks into the world's that some of the characters starring instarringstarring the new secret wars are coming from. Meaning Secret Wars is just countdown Arena but with more depth.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Just the time and mind gem are on the gauntlet (and perhaps the power gem behind all that yellow light). Interesting.

When cap used the gauntlet all the gems except the time gem shattered, and the time gem we now know is wigging out through time.

Mxrz

Namor and BP gonna bro-up and fight Thanos. Woo.

And by fight, I mean get stomped.

Is Namor suppose to be using Cap's shield or that just a throw in for whoever is Cap at the time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Namor and BP gonna bro-up and fight Thanos. Woo.

And by fight, I mean get stomped.

Is Namor suppose to be using Cap's shield or that just a throw in for whoever is Cap at the time.

Falcon is the new Cap, so he probably threw it and Thanos batted it away.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Avengers 37 is out today and Marvel continues to deny me Emperor Doom with their latest teaser:

blzeWzg.jpg

If old man logan is getting referrenced, then AoA has to be next. Or clone wars, or maximum carnage. Or separation anxiety

y2dvd

A little off topic, are all those Summer 2015 teasers supposed to be sequels? Reboots? Rerelease with updated art?

Mudcrab

A little off topic, are all those Summer 2015 teasers supposed to be sequels? Reboots? Rerelease with updated art?

No one really knows. Speculation is rampant considering there have been so many, so quickly with vague release dates of "summer 2015." It's especially suspicious since they come after the announcement of the event, Secret Wars, which was dated for May and announced to last for 12 months.

Sadist

Avengers 37.... Just left me with more questions.

I know right?

- The part where Hank and Doc Green school Steve is awesome. "Step it up son"

- Guess Cyclops and the X-Men have a new "Utopia" called X-Nation. Maybe they started living on Genosha again or something. Nah. If Hickman's crazy enough, he'll let the mutants claim a state on American soil.

- So Susan is a spy for the Illuminati... that came out of nowhere. The card from Val to Reed was pretty telling.

- And man, Steve is a total dick when he's old. He's another grumpy Nick Fury. And damn he was harsh against Carol. Guess SHIELD Avengers aren't anyones friends right now.

- I suppose Rhodey stayed with Tony... but how come SHIELD uses War Machines drones?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Susan being a spy makes a certain amount of sense, after all the shit she went through with Reed it would take a lot more than him lying about the end of the multiverse to break that up.

I guess Reed tried asking Franklin to fix everything, I can't blame him since the kid made his own universe. That message from Valeria though, shiiiiiiiiiit.

Sinatar

Susan being a spy makes a certain amount of sense, after all the shit she went through with Reed it would take a lot more than him lying about the end of the multiverse to break that up.

I guess Reed tried asking Franklin to fix everything, I can't blame him since the kid made his own universe. That message from Valeria though, shiiiiiiiiiit.

At the end of the day if you told Susan it's either blow up other worlds or watch your children die, she'd be hitting the big red blow up worlds button with a fury.

Sinatar

The outfit certainly screams Beyonder, but I really don't see the Beyonder just showing up randomly, especially when Maximus is already a player in this story.

Besides last we saw of the Beyonder he was a she and Thanos turned her into a vegetable.

What if all these re-announcements mean that the Secret Wars are somehow going to retcon all of the big events of the past 30 years?

Edit:
What if all the events of the last 30 years were the actual Secret Wars, and the Beyonder only allowed us to think he'd been bumped down the cosmic heirarchy? He comes back, snuffs out the Living Tribunal, and declares team Doom the winner?

Sinatar

What if all these re-announcements mean that the Secret Wars are somehow going to retcon all of the big events of the past 30 years?

Edit:
What if all the events of the last 30 years were the actual Secret Wars, and the Beyonder only allowed us to think he'd been bumped down the cosmic heirarchy? He comes back, snuffs out the Living Tribunal, and declares team Doom the winner?

Beyonder is nowhere near strong enough to take out the Tribunal.

I know right?

- The part where Hank and Doc Green school Steve is awesome. "Step it up son"

- And man, Steve is a total dick when he's old. He's another grumpy Nick Fury. And damn he was harsh against Carol. Guess SHIELD Avengers aren't anyones friends right now.
It was indeed awesome and yes to the second point. I'm really disliking him.

Mudcrab

I know drax is suppose to be OP, so much so that he was nerfed, but what are GOTG gonna do against thanos without outside help?

If you look closely at the family Nova you can see they are slightly colored like the missing gems. GotG plus some Novas with four Infinity gems is formidable, but probably not enough to last against Thanos with two gems of his own. I think it'd be more likely that they would be constantly on the run from Thanos.

Sinatar

Not Post-Retcon Beyonder. What if Hickman brought back Pre-Retcon Beyonder? That would be so cool.

Pre-Retcon beyonder is nothing to the Tribunal. You have to understand that the Tribunal is the arbiter of the multiverse not just the 616, it's power dwarfs everything else.

As for the 7th Gem, well Hickman already retconned the infinity gauntlet working at all without explanation, so why not.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-Retcon beyonder is nothing to the Tribunal. You have to understand that the Tribunal is the arbiter of the multiverse not just the 616, it's power dwarfs everything else.

As for the 7th Gem, well Hickman already retconned the infinity gauntlet working at all without explanation, so why not.

Bendis did so first.

Top Bottom