• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

I know right?

- Guess Cyclops and the X-Men have a new "Utopia" called X-Nation. Maybe they started living on Genosha again or something. Nah. If Hickman's crazy enough, he'll let the mutants claim a state on American soil.

- So Susan is a spy for the Illuminati... that came out of nowhere. The card from Val to Reed was pretty telling.

- And man, Steve is a total dick when he's old. He's another grumpy Nick Fury. And damn he was harsh against Carol. Guess SHIELD Avengers aren't anyones friends right now.

- I suppose Rhodey stayed with Tony... but how come SHIELD uses War Machines drones?

- From the direction she pointed, I'd say it's located/based out of Westchester.

- Awesome moment I didn't see coming.

- SHIELD looked so powerful in New York, I didn't think we were looking at an American-only SHIELD. Now we know how weak they are and that they're not willingly complicit with the Cabal.

- Hasn't SHIELD had War Machine/Iron Patriot tech for a while now?

Mudcrab

Oh did he? I make it a point to not read his crap but that's not surprising.

Bendis pls.

12286761_AI02-0004.jpg

"Says who?"

Sadist

- From the direction she pointed, I'd say it's located/based out of Westchester.

- Awesome moment I didn't see coming.

- SHIELD looked so powerful in New York, I didn't think we were looking at an American-only SHIELD. Now we know how weak they are and that they're not willingly complicit with the Cabal.

- Hasn't SHIELD had War Machine/Iron Patriot tech for a while now?

Westchester huh?

Guess that'll be the fallout after Axis. Lol, all that work Wolverine did... for nothing. Guess Scott and Alex will be buddy-buddy after the shit pulled by Axis, make nice with Storm and the others will move back to Westchester. Except for Beast. Fucking X-Men. You'd almost think Marvel is out to wreck shit just because they.

I do think SHIELD's gone somewhat global, but they still have to answer to the US government. But reading into it, they don't seem to thrilled about the Shieldvengers. Guess that's why Widow and Spider-Woman left?

Westchester huh?

Guess that'll be the fallout after Axis. Lol, all that work Wolverine did... for nothing. Guess Scott and Alex will be buddy-buddy after the shit pulled by Axis, make nice with Storm and the others will move back to Westchester. Except for Beast. Fucking X-Men. You'd almost think Marvel is out to wreck shit just because they.

I do think SHIELD's gone somewhat global, but they still have to answer to the US government. But reading into it, they don't seem to thrilled about the Shieldvengers. Guess that's why Widow and Spider-Woman left?

I'll cross-post this from my post in the Axis thread in case you don't read Axis or follow that thread:

Cyclops has been completely rehabilitated by Marvel and all the X-Men accept him again. All their problems with him are gone or have been forgiven. Hell, Havok even says, "Cyclops was right." This is a call-back to their conversation in Uncanny Avengers #1, which I feel would have more impact if this event took place inside UA.

Whether that will have any impact outside of Axis remains to be seen. But yeah, that's exactly what happened in Axis #3.

PsychBat!

Banned
Pre-Retcon beyonder is nothing to the Tribunal. You have to understand that the Tribunal is the arbiter of the multiverse not just the 616, it's power dwarfs everything else.
Uh, where are you getting your info? The Tribunal is second to The One Above All in authority, not in power. Pre-Retcon Beyonder can erase abstract entities and realities with but a thought. He was the most powerful being in the Marvel Multiverse aside from TOAA. The Beyonder is just TOAA from another reality.

Pre-Retcon beyonder is nothing to the Tribunal. You have to understand that the Tribunal is the arbiter of the multiverse not just the 616, it's power dwarfs everything else.

As for the 7th Gem, well Hickman already retconned the infinity gauntlet working at all without explanation, so why not.

you might want to re-read secret wars II again

I'll cross-post this from my post in the Axis thread in case you don't read Axis or follow that thread:

Cyclops has been completely rehabilitated by Marvel and all the X-Men accept him again. All their problems with him are gone or have been forgiven. Hell, Havok even says, "Cyclops was right." This is a call-back to their conversation in Uncanny Avengers #1, which I feel would have more impact if this event took place inside UA.

Whether that will have any impact outside of Axis remains to be seen. But yeah, that's exactly what happened in Axis #3.

eh, you have to remember all that happened AFTER the inversion. Alex may not have been himself.

Mudcrab

I know right?

- The part where Hank and Doc Green school Steve is awesome. "Step it up son"

- Guess Cyclops and the X-Men have a new "Utopia" called X-Nation. Maybe they started living on Genosha again or something. Nah. If Hickman's crazy enough, he'll let the mutants claim a state on American soil.

- So Susan is a spy for the Illuminati... that came out of nowhere. The card from Val to Reed was pretty telling.

- And man, Steve is a total dick when he's old. He's another grumpy Nick Fury. And damn he was harsh against Carol. Guess SHIELD Avengers aren't anyones friends right now.

- I suppose Rhodey stayed with Tony... but how come SHIELD uses War Machines drones?

- SO Good. Loved every panel.

- Gotta be fallout from Axis

- I wonder if she knows anything about Doom's plans. Susan is right, you can't ever fully trust Val.

- I thought Steve was awesome this issue. Exactly how I'd want an old Cap to act. "Then you got up and tried to beat him to death with your cane." / "Your day's comin too, pal." How can you not love that?

- Not a clue.

At the end of the day if you told Susan it's either blow up other worlds or watch your children die, she'd be hitting the big red blow up worlds button with a fury.

Agree completely.

kswiston

With the number of these "events" happening in summer 2015, do we have confirmation that other books will even exist as of June? Maybe they plan on putting their entire line on hold during this event AoA style.

Mudcrab

Oh man, please tell me The Cabal is coming for those poor fools.

It is giving me mad incursion vibes. The top of the image looks like something is hanging in the sky while the bottom has that orange-ish hue that's typical around most incursion points.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Definitely. Could you imagine the hype if 616 Thanos was a part of this too assuming the Ultimate universe ending is an actual thing.

1610 has an incursion with 616, the Cabal hops onto 1610 and Thanos wrecks all those fucking Ultimate losers.

Mmmmm.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Parallax guessed right (sort of):

YgTjuwr.jpg

Still waiting on Separation Anxiety tho.

All I can say is that the poster should include Scott and Jean as well as Morph.

Also where is Blink and Sabes as they were two of the biggest players of that universe/story. Also Wolverine was not anywhere close to being a big enough player to be front and center like that.

C-Drive

Thanks to the thread, I just blazed through the entirety of the storyline, and it's seriously the best comics I've read in what seems like forever. I've been a huge fan of Crisis on Infinite Earths since I picked the whole series up cheap at a flea market as a teenager, and the Incursion storyline lights up the same spots in my mind as that did.

All I can say is that the poster should include Scott and Jean as well as Morph.

Also where is Blink and Sabes as they were two of the biggest players of that universe/story. Also Wolverine was not anywhere close to being a big enough player to be front and center like that.

2351492-u-23-322x500.jpg

Top Bottom