• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

kswiston

That cover will hopefully shut up the people who were claiming that Marvel was cutting the characters Fox had access to from Secret wars. Also, the everything ends cover makes me pretty confident that we will see every ongoing run end this summer. I don't know if Marvel will actually reboot continuity, but they will reboot their entire line.

Everything-Ends-2015-9a042.jpg

ugh.

What if all of this is leading up to some big DC vs. Marvel event? Think about it in Spring 2015 both the DC Universe and Marvel will be in the exact same place with all the variations and multiple earths in crisis and fighting with each other and that egg that was mentioned in Fantastic Four #600 could be the egg that was left over at the end of the last JLA/Avengers crossover:

I know its improbable but it would be insanely cool if true

Will never happen. The editorial staff of both companies have been at each other's throats since JLA/Avengers. As great as that story is, it basically ensures there won't be a crossover between the two for a long time. The Krona Egg was in the DC Universe (it was mentioned in Busiek's JLA run), we can presume it's gone now that there's the New 52.

I'm also pretty sure Marvel doesn't consider this story canon either. Shame really.

That cover will hopefully shut up the people who were claiming that Marvel was cutting the characters Fox had access to from Secret wars. Also, the everything ends cover makes me pretty confident that we will see every ongoing run end this summer. I don't know if Marvel will actually reboot continuity, but they will reboot their entire line.

They should let us vote on what comics and parts of continuity we want to keep.

What if all of this is leading up to some big DC vs. Marvel event? Think about it in Spring 2015 both the DC Universe and Marvel will be in the exact same place with all the variations and multiple earths in crisis and fighting with each other and that egg that was mentioned in Fantastic Four #600 could be the egg that was left over at the end of the last JLA/Avengers crossover:

I know its improbable but it would be insanely cool if true

Even though that's not happening, it's stupid on their parts to synchronize these line-wide crossover events where they hope their fans buy every single tie-in. Both companies expect us to either buy all their published issues at the same time or pick a side and have fan wars.

Can we all agree that the X-Men 90s animated series roster and continuity was the best X-Men continuity?

Nah.

I'd go back a little earlier when the O5 were still "X-factor" and apocalypse didn't suck, the brood were still a threat, storm started rocking her original mohawk and leather outfit, and mutant massacre and inferno were god-tier crossover events.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nah.

I'd go back a little earlier when the O5 were still "X-factor" and apocalypse didn't suck, the brood were still a threat, storm started rocking her original mohawk and leather outfit, and mutant massacre and inferno were god-tier crossover events.

thats not even the best x factor lineup

Can we all agree that the X-Men 90s animated series roster and continuity was the best X-Men continuity?

I would, but there's a ton of nostalgia at play.

Nah.

I want Jean back from the dead.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Marvel really has realized they can just do whatever the fack they want haven't they?

Took em long enough to put it together that people will eat up just about anything as long as whatever they churn out is A game...

Looks like i'm heading back to TFAW.com

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Marvel really has realized they can just do whatever the fack they want haven't they?

Took em long enough to put it together that people will eat up just about anything as long as whatever they churn out is A game...

Looks like i'm heading back to TFAW.com

More like Marvel realised that if you get a great writer and let them go hog wild, the results are usually pretty good. I'm excited about this story because of the organic way it's come about. It doesn't feel like events for the sake of events. It feels like a big story.

Lethe82

Banned
Will never happen. The editorial staff of both companies have been at each other's throats since JLA/Avengers. As great as that story is, it basically ensures there won't be a crossover between the two for a long time. The Krona Egg was in the DC Universe (it was mentioned in Busiek's JLA run), we can presume it's gone now that there's the New 52.

I'm also pretty sure Marvel doesn't consider this story canon either. Shame really.

Why were they at one another's throats.

Reading Order:

Follow this then continue reading Avengers and New Avengers until caught up.

OMvXvhU.jpg

Alright. I started this the other day, and am about to start Infinity #5. So far this is all kinds of badass, and I am excited to see how much crazier it gets.

I remember talking to some people about Infinity before and the reception I got from it was lukewarm, but being in the middle of it now I think it is awesome. If anything, I think the Thanos part of it is not needed. That is my least favorite stuff in it, and I want to see more of the war with the Builders.
But I know this is all setting up the long game.

Mudcrab

Alright. I started this the other day, and am about to start Infinity #5. So far this is all kinds of badass, and I am excited to see how much crazier it gets.

I remember talking to some people about Infinity before and the reception I got from it was lukewarm, but being in the middle of it now I think it is awesome. If anything, I think the Thanos part of it is not needed. That is my least favorite stuff in it, and I want to see more of the war with the Builders.
But I know this is all setting up the long game.

One of us! Hope the OP didn't spoil too much, can't wait to hear what you think after you catch up.

Also Secret Wars #1 cover art:

secret-wars-1-112759.jpg

I just finished Infinity. I still feel like Thanos was an afterthought in that whole story. I just really didn't care about what was going on there.

However, Thanos and his henchmen did give some fantastic moments throughout. Like when Hulk just comes flying in to smash, and Thanos pimp slaps him away.

The best was when that one henchman got gangbanged by Ronan, Annihilius, and Gladiator. Sending those three against anyone is unfair, and the end of that fight was awesome with Ronan caving in the guy's skull.

The big takeaway from Infinity was this: the universe now knows not to fuck with Captain America.

Cap was always my favorite Avenger, and seeing him kick ass on planet after planet and having them rally behind him was too awesome. His whole demeanor in it was "Do. Not. Fuck. With. Me." And damn, did the universe learn that.

It's odd to me that Annihilius is allies with Ronan and Gladiator.

That was a bit jarring. I was more confused as to how he was back and that anyone would talk to him after Annihilation. I was late to that story, so my timeline is compressed. How did Annihilus get turned rightside in after Nova turned him inside out ?

Comics?

That was a bit jarring. I was more confused as to how he was back and that anyone would talk to him after Annihilation. I was late to that story, so my timeline is compressed. How did Annihilus get turned rightside in after Nova turned him inside out ?

Comics?

There was either a cloned Annihilius fetus or a brand new Annihilius baby at the end of Annihilation. Ravenous pulled A Lion King with him in front of his army.

nicanica

At the end of Annihilation I'm pretty sure there was
a panel that showed a baby version of annihilus that was being hatched on one of the negative zone's conquered worlds
I don't think they're all buddy buddy, but kind of how the kree Supreme Intelligence, can be in the same room as lilandra and the brood queen. They're all representatives of their kingdoms, and like so, just understand they all gotta stick together to protect their own.

The fact that they brought in an annihilation wave just to get jobbed by the builders was pretty fucking stupid.

Yeah, that Builder was like, "How cute!" And then had them all kill each other.

But the way the art was through it all, Cap was like, "It was worth a shot, but I still have plans to fuck their shit up."

Top Bottom