• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Spoit

The problem is that they spent all that time building up the..err...builders as a threat. But then they resolved it lickity split. It's like they got 3/4 of the way through the event and then realized that they had to actually wrap it up soon

Loke13

The problem is that they spent all that time building up the..err...builders as a threat. But then they resolved it lickity split. It's like they got 3/4 of the way through the event and then realized that they had to actually wrap it up soon
Yeah the end is pretty abrupt but I kinda feel like it was meant to be that way to give the Black Swan monologue more power I guess.

Well, at least the story had an actual ending, unlike Age of Ultron.

Yeah the end is pretty abrupt but I kinda feel like it was meant to be that way to give the Black Swan monologue more power I guess.

That is true. "You know there are much worse things coming right? That was the bush league that you just played."

Mudcrab

Damn... New Avengers #30 cover and, yes, that second image is the cover for Avengers #41
NEWAVN2013030-Cover-99eea.jpg

AVENGERS-41-Final-Cover-cd465.jpg

Mudcrab

In case there was any doubt:

*note: Anticipating the question beforehand, Marvel Comics has confirmed that this image is in fact the main cover image to Avengers #41.

With the Secret Wars #1 cover, that "The End" teaser, and now Avengers 41 it seems Marvel might just answer some prayers next year.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Still, this cover is weird. Are they going to do a full Ultimate reboot rather than universe destruction?

Fintan

I like the Ultimate Universe, but I have a lot of it to catch up on. I hope they give it a good and interesting ending, if indeed that's what they're doing.

PsychBat!

Banned
I like the Ultimate Universe, but I have a lot of it to catch up on. I hope they give it a good and interesting ending, if indeed that's what they're doing.
Marvel revealed that the 616 universe and the Ultimate U are going to meet in Secret Wars.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Molecule Man, The Tinkerer and Dr Doom all working together.

Is there anything to worry about, really?

P.S Proxima Midnight is insane for sure.
Im hoping her character isnt done for soon.
I wouldnt mind her being staple cosmic marvel for a while.

After these two pages, I really want an AIM series written by Hickman.

ui8RZmQ.jpg

xi0SoCw.jpg

I just imagine the AIM motivational seminars and whatnot. It would be hilarious. I laughed way too hard at the sequence above, and then a bit later when he said "Don't forget, AIM has heart."

ghostmind

Just read the issues for this week.

Big things are happening and you can see the pieces are all starting to come together.

This is an amazing ride we are on.

Sadist

New Avengers is such a joy to read. I think it's my favourite series at this point.

Tony went off the deep end, hard. I kinda like it though, I mean, how Hickman just bitchslaps all of these Illuminati during his run. Strange got truth bombed by Wong when he asked if he was a good man. Namor was rejected told by Doom. T'challa got scolded by his ghost daddy and ancestors. And now I can't remember if it was in New Avengers when Beast got schooled by the Watcher...

Still, Black Widow and Spider-Woman leaving the SHIELDvengers and letting Tony rot in his prison is stonecold. Nat tearing up seems a bit out of character though.

Guess Thor, uh, Odinson is trying to redeem himself? As is Doc Green.

Edit: Ultimates cover for Avengers #41? Well it kinda fits. Ultimates are assholes, 616 are assholes for the next six months. Everyone are assholes all day long!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
New Avengers is such a joy to read. I think it's my favourite series at this point.

Tony went off the deep end, hard. I kinda like it though, I mean, how Hickman just bitchslaps all of these Illuminati during his run. Strange got truth bombed by Wong when he asked if he was a good man. Namor was rejected told by Doom. T'challa got scolded by his ghost daddy and ancestors. And now I can't remember if it was in New Avengers when Beast got schooled by the Watcher...

Still, Black Widow and Spider-Woman leaving the SHIELDvengers and letting Tony rot in his prison is stonecold. Nat tearing up seems a bit out of character though.

Guess Thor, uh, Odinson is trying to redeem himself? As is Doc Green.

Edit: Ultimates cover for Avengers #41? Well it kinda fits. Ultimates are assholes, 616 are assholes for the next six months. Everyone are assholes all day long!

Beast got told by young Beast a while back.

I think Reed is the only member of the original Illuminati that hasn't been bitchslapped during all of this. In his defense everyone else has either gone off the deep end or was doing this for the wrong reasons. Shit when he told Susan what was going on she went undercover for him. Either he's gonna be getting it soon, which may be the case considering the events of Avengers or there's some thematic significance here. He is the only member of the Illuminati with a family and that can't just be a coincidence, especially considering the choices Hickman could have made instead of Beast to replace Xavier.

Sadist

I forgot about that one, thanks.

Well, I do think the note Susan gave Reed from Valeria was kind of telling though. "You can't beat this one Dad" or something like it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I forgot about that one, thanks.

Well, I do think the note Susan gave Reed from Valeria was kind of telling though. "You can't beat this one Dad" or something like it.

She gave Doom the same message and it looks like both of them are still going ahead with their plans. We have an inkling of Doom's plans, but as far as Reed and co we have no idea what they've got up their sleeves. Going from the last Avengers issue it looks like they'll be trying to fix everything all at once. I do wonder how AIM is going to play into all this.

Spoit

New Avengers 26

So I wonder if being captured made it so that tony didn't get uninverted like most of the other people seem to have been

dan2026

Its always good when people when people slap down Tony for being the dick he is.

Every since the movies, he's been everywhere. Its feeling like Wolverine syndrome again.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
New Avengers 26

So I wonder if being captured made it so that tony didn't get uninverted like most of the other people seem to have been

Probably not, unless Superior Iron Man is set after Time Runs Out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
New Avengers 26

Nah, it's probably down to the isolation. That can really fuck with a guy's mind.

What's with this c-team horseshit.
Just kidding I'm liking it but I'm also finding myself after a Sunspot-led Avengers issue having to keep looking up like half of these characters since I keep forgetting who the hell any of them are

JJD

Haha I love how Roberto D'Costa, fucking Sunspot has become a major power player!

Hickman you genius!

Dalek

Haha I love how Roberto D'Costa, fucking Sunspot has become a major power player!

Hickman you genius!

Me too. That's one of the highlights of this series for me. Take a background player and with logic make him a foreground player. I also like that he has no ulterior motive in what he's doing other than just try to fix everyones mistakes.

I have to say the story is getting so complex now I'm going to have to do a re-read from the beginning.

And seriously, Sunspot realizing he can afford to buy out AIM and he does and turns the company around is just a stroke of brilliance. Danny Rand never thought of that!!

Also what did Cyclops mean in regards to The Phoenix Egg? I feel I totally missed something.

Mudcrab

Interesting theory I read:

What if worlds (or some worlds) aren't being destroyed by Incursions? What if an Earth destroyed during an Incursion doesn't just pop out of existence but instead, in some way, becomes a part of Battleworld? Maybe the alternate realities in those 'Summer 2015' teasers aren't survivors of Incursions, they're the losers, with 616 and 1610 inevitably joining them. Time Runs Out and Everything Ends, only then can the Secret Wars begin.

You can't win, it's time to figure out how not to lose.

How do you not win at something but still not lose? Could Hickman be telling us that you can't beat the Incursions, but you don't necessarily have to lose the Secret Wars either?

Interesting theory I read:

What if worlds (or some worlds) aren't being destroyed by Incursions? What if an Earth destroyed during an Incursion doesn't just pop out of existence but instead, in some way, becomes a part of Battleworld? Maybe the alternate realities in those 'Summer 2015' teasers aren't survivors of Incursions, they're the losers, with 616 and 1610 inevitably joining them. Time Runs Out and Everything Ends, only then can the Secret Wars begin.

You can't win, it's time to figure out how not to lose.

How do you not win at something but still not lose? Could Hickman be telling us that you can't beat the Incursions, but you don't necessarily have to lose the Secret Wars either?

Hmmm. Interesting theory.

Just finished Avengers 38. Good stuff. But I do have a question about the multiversal Avengers that included Thor and Hyperion. What issue did they get sent out into the great beyond? I feel like I missed it. It wasn't Avengers 37.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just finished Avengers 38. Good stuff. But I do have a question about the multiversal Avengers that included Thor and Hyperion. What issue did they get sent out into the great beyond? I feel like I missed it. It wasn't Avengers 37.

I think it was 36, it was definitely right after the time skip.

Just got to the beginning of Time Runs Out. Just finished New Avengers 24, and Doom is aware of everything and has Molecule Man in his basement.

Yeah, Victor is going to fuck someone up. BAD.

Damn, this is awesome and only getting better.

EDIT: Seriously. Shit is just hitting the fan HARD now, and it is awesome. The slow ramp up to everything falling apart, and the shirtstorm has just begun. And oh, it is glorious that Doom is involved now, and he is not happy.

EDIT 2: All caught up now. Ready to enjoy this ride at the same time as everyone.

Yeah, I wonder how AIM is going to figure into all of this.

Top Bottom