• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Why is collecting this such a mess?
I don't buy singles, they annoy me. I want a nice Hardcover for my bookcase.
Infinity includes all the tie-ins into itself, why there are no other collected versions of Hickman's Avengers that are just buy and go?

Did you time travel from the 70's? This has been a comic staple since the 80's.

Okay, I'm getting farther into Hickman's Avengers run, and it's really starting to get good.

The writing for Thor and Hyperion, in particular, is fantastic. I love the friendship that they're forming.

Deadly

Man that last page was hypeeeeeeeeeeeee. I was like
WDb0fNl.gif

dabig2

Any 1 of Hulk, Strange, and BB wreck shit solo. Anyways, I doubt we get a fight since Illuminati seem to already be on the avengers side.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man the only heavy hitter they're packing is Carol and she already got the shit kicked out of her by Hulk... good luck there folks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait wasn't Black Widow and Spider-Woman on the Avengers side? Would mean Reed's plan kinda backfired

The picture isn't mean to be literal, Strange is off in space with Thor and Hyperion preparing to push someone's shit in with his full fucking sentences.

PsychBat!

Banned
For a second there I thought Sunspot had it all under control, his plan to unite two groups of lost souls to stop the incoming early end of all things. But it was really
the Illuminati, so great.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
and then Reed and Susan show him what mismatched really means

That was so fucking good, how could Steve not see that one coming? Did he really think
that of all things, this would be the thing that broke them up? He really did not get Sue at all, she'd easily blow up an alternate world to save her family. Shit, she wouldn't even have to think about it.

For a second there I thought Sunspot had it all under control, his plan to unite two groups of lost souls to stop the incoming early end of all things. But it was really
the Illuminati, so great.

Reed was like 12 steps ahead of everyone and didn't even bother hiding that final trump card until the end, holy fuck
Namor's back on the team and Black Bolt is back in action

Pretty sure it stopped being about winning and this was all just to put an end to petty "sides".

The end point of any Illuminati story is always "we should've been heroes, not kings." Their creation and existence is always at odds with the fundamental rules of Big Two comics.

Steve may be taking it too far, but he is largely correct. They've destroyed worlds and killed heroes. Namor is the worst of all, and having him by the Illuminati's side illustrates that Reed has learned nothing. Even Hickman will probably have the end of all this be something completely outside of their plans, a single heroic act by someone they couldn't predict.

I mean, they're cool, but this is the Authority, folks. They're bad guys you want to root for.

Deadly

With Namor back on the team it'll be interesting the next time there's some quiet time and see how Black Panther reacts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The end point of any Illuminati story is always "we should've been heroes, not kings." Their creation and existence is always at odds with the fundamental rules of Big Two comics.

Steve may be taking it too far, but he is largely correct. They've destroyed worlds and killed heroes. Namor is the worst of all, and having him by the Illuminati's side illustrates that Reed has learned nothing. Even Hickman will probably have the end of all this be something completely outside of their plans, a single heroic act by someone they couldn't predict.

I mean, they're cool, but this is the Authority, folks. They're bad guys you want to root for.

He's also lost sight of the larger problem though: the incursions. He's been more obsessed with catch Reed and the Illuminati than finding a solution to the real problem. There's a reason Natasha and Jessica betrayed him, that Thor went off into the multiverse. Steve is on a personal vendetta, it isn't about saving people or being a hero. If it was he'd be trying to stop the incursions as well, instead of being the only team not doing a damn thing about them.

PsychBat!

Banned
That's true. But Steve is only focusing on a SINGLE part of the problem. All he's been doing is chasing the Illuminati all over the world without dealing with the Cabal (and it looks like he doesn't even have a plan to deal with them at all). He's just hell bent on getting the Illuminati. Not to mention that by letting the Cabal deal with the Incursions, he's letting other worlds be massacred and destroyed. Something that he was adamant about the Illuminati not doing because that would ruin them. Just dealing with the Illuminati by itself is letting the Cabal destroy other worlds, he's a hypocrite!

And if he did want to stop the Cabal, he has BLUE MARVEL of all people, why did he reveal all his pieces on the board just for the Illuminati? Steve is obsessed and stubborn. All he cares about is the Illuminati.

I bet he doesn't even know how to fix the Incursion problem. Oh and "letting the Cabal do it" doesn't count because Steve does not believe in necessary evil.

Deadly

And if he did want to stop the Cabal, he has BLUE MARVEL of all people, why did he reveal all his pieces on the board just for the Illuminati? Steve is obsessed and stubborn. All he cares about is the Illuminati..
To be fair, that's what Reed thinks but for all we know Steve might still have some cards up his sleeve.

pulga

Banned
Captain America is the biggest boneheaded dumbass in all comics and I wish he'd be killed off already.

Top Bottom