• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
new-avengers-2.jpg

And I accept that.

9Fupo5Q.jpg

Mudcrab

Didn't Superior Tony already fuck up massively and got clowned by the Cabal?

Just a reminder that there is currently a Secret Wars hype thread.

Yeah but that's 20 pages of confusion and arguments about reboots. An OT with actual information and visibility would be a better place for discussion.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, but Cap's trip to the future(s) heavily suggested he'd be the one to fuck up the endgame rather than Tony.

Yep, he's trapped in Black Swan's old cage now. No one's in a rush to bust him out.

Escaped a coupla ishs ago.

Yeah, but Cap's trip to the future(s) heavily suggested he'd be the one to fuck up the endgame rather than Tony.

Steve's journey into the future heavily suggested so many damn things that it's hard to take anything aways from it besides Franklin da BAWSS and Ultron never really going away.

ghostmind

Yeah but that's 20 pages of confusion and arguments about reboots. An OT with actual information and visibility would be a better place for discussion.

Oh I agree, but it's still a decent resource for Secret Wars news prior to the event. When we get close to it starting, we definitely should have a dedicated topic.

Manly tears shed. Reminded me of the end of Thanos Imperative.

CA925zoUYAA_SLF.jpg
Yeah, this page is fantastic, as is the very last one.
Two days later, I'm not over how beautiful this all was. Three years in the making and it was worth it.

Now imagine if instead of Deodato we had Kev Walker mangling the issue lol.

You know they should've had Sentry come back and be on the multiversal avengers team, it would've finally been a way to kill his ass.
Have Hyperion and Thor try and have their bro moment with him, then follow it with the Beyonders ripping Sentry apart and somehow unmaking him from existence. Then Hyperion and Thor shrug their shoulders and have their final page together like before.

Sadist

Kinda hoping we'll get more of inverted Tony

While Superior Iron Man is a bit meh, the issue with him being prisoner of the Cabal is amazing.

Old man Steve is the saltiest character in Marvel, loved my man Black Panther telling Cap to go screw himself when asked to turn himself in.

On Old Steve

What's the point of getting rid of Fury if you gon' make Steve a shittier Nick? Srsly, that's the whole extent of the character so far.

Nick actually knew what he was doing

Then again

Tony calls Fury:
"Hey Nick, so... incursions happening, no way around. we have to kill another planet to save the universe. Gotta press the button"
*nick presses button, gives absolutely no fucks, life goes on*

To be fair, now that i'm having a go at it... huh. There's no reason why Nick shouldnt be a member of the Illuminati. Dude's got more pull than any single one of them and straight bossed two members around. Like, seriously, how could one justify giving STEVE a seat at a shadowy org that does creepy shit instead of Nick? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, besides because Nick would tell the whole lot of them to fuck off.

It was always odd to me they never had Nick Fury get involved with the illuminati, that stuff is right up his alley.

I'm still mad they "killed him off", if Marvel wanted Sam Jackson Fury so badly at least have the decency to bring over Ultimate Nick instead of making up some stupid black son out of nowhere. Was it really so hard to wait until Secret Wars so such a thing could easily be done?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Don't Cyclops' eye beams come from another universe? His powers should be gone any moment now.

Nah, it's like the magical worlds Doc Strange goes to or the Negative Zone. Besides, no one is going to mess with a place called the punch dimension. That's just asking for it.

Only realities that have Earth analogues can suffer incursions.

The punch dimension has only punch.

Thus it is safe from incursions.

Also, srsly, imagine an incursion happening there. Even if you excuse the earth thingie, as soon as the portal opened the other earth would be obliterated by an Earth-wide optic blast.

The negative zone is weirder, it kinda sorta shares 616 space, since it is a failed new reality. The builders explained a bit of it.

Spoit

Only realities that have Earth analogues can suffer incursions.

The punch dimension has only punch.

Thus it is safe from incursions.

Also, srsly, imagine an incursion happening there. Even if you excuse the earth thingie, as soon as the portal opened the other earth would be obliterated by an Earth-wide optic blast.

The negative zone is weirder, it kinda sorta shares 616 space, since it is a failed new reality. The builders explained a bit of it.

Huh, I could have sworn I remember hearing something about how the negative zone was multiversal, but I might be misremembering

Sadist

Then again

Tony calls Fury:
"Hey Nick, so... incursions happening, no way around. we have to kill another planet to save the universe. Gotta press the button"
*nick presses button, gives absolutely no fucks, life goes on*

To be fair, now that i'm having a go at it... huh. There's no reason why Nick shouldnt be a member of the Illuminati. Dude's got more pull than any single one of them and straight bossed two members around. Like, seriously, how could one justify giving STEVE a seat at a shadowy org that does creepy shit instead of Nick? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, besides because Nick would tell the whole lot of them to fuck off.
They needed Steve for his Time gem.

We all saw what they did when that didn't work.

Top Bottom