• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP GameCube not dead yet!!

jarrod

Banned
Saw it on Magicbox...

Bandai announced they will port the arcade combat action game Mobile Suit Gundam Vs Z-Gundam to both PlayStation 2 and GameCube

Sega announced Bleach for GameCube, GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS in Japan, the game is based on the popular Japanese manga of the same name.

...nice that a Capcom Gundam fighter is finally coming (after being rumored for 3 years running) and it's nice to see Sega hasn't given up on the platform entirely. :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
see, gamecube isn't just for nintendo games. it's also the official dumping ground for manga licensed crap.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
defibrillator.jpg

Subitai

drohne said:
see, gamecube isn't just for nintendo games. it's also the official dumping ground for manga licensed crap.
Hey, that's good news to me. I know MS would appreciate more manga licensed crap dumped on Xbox.

jarrod

Banned
GameCube's definitely on life support now, but it's still nice to see more games announced. It's faring better than DC did in it's final days (which were/are nothing but Naomi/NeoGeo ports and love adventures).

I'm sure Gundam vs. Z Gundam will turn out better than the PS2 version, since it's a Naomi port (right?). I'll buy it.

Edit: yeah, it's AEUG vs. Titans DX with a new "Universal Century mode."

FYI -

Bleach
"Kurosaki Ichigo is just your normal 15-year-old who sees dead people all the time, until he meets a Shinigami (God/Angel of Death) and gets a job offer he can't refuse."

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
jarrod said:
GameCube's definitely on life support now.

when did that happen? I mean is it officially getting screwed in all territories now? I haven't seen a sales thing for ages.

Chony

Yeah, what about Pikmin 2, Paper Mario 2, GameCube Nintendo is not dead in Japan. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo. ooo. ooooooooooo.

jarrod

Banned
jiji said:
I'm sure Gundam vs. Z Gundam will turn out better than the PS2 version, since it's a Naomi port (right?). I'll buy it.

Edit: yeah, it's AEUG vs. Titans DX with a new "Universal Century mode."
AEUG Vs Titans is Syatme 246 based. Suppossedly it started out on TriForce though.

catfish said:
when did that happen? I mean is it officially getting screwed in all territories now? I haven't seen a sales thing for ages.
JP support sorta dried up overnight.

There's still some notable 3rd party games coming though....

-Bleach (Sega)
-Biohazard 4 (Capcom)
-Chaos Field (Sega)
-Digimon World 4 (Bandai)
-Goldeneye 2: Rogue Agent (EA)
-Home Land (ChunSoft)
-Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 11 Chou Ketteiban (Konami)
-Kidou Senshi Gundam vs. Gundam (Bandai)
-Killer 7 (Capcom)
-Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (EA)
-Metal Slug 4 (SNK Playmore)
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 (Tomy)
-StarCraft: Ghost (Capcom)
-Super Robot Taisen GC (Banpresto)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (Konami)
-Urbz: Sims in the City (EA)
-Viewtiful Joe 2 (Capcom)
-Yoot Saito's Odama (Vivarium)
-Zoids Versus III (Tomy)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
5 GC games on show at TGS
21 Xbox games....
PS2 - something stupid like 180!

that's slightly worrying that a near dead console is showing more than you (nintendo)

cvxfreak

DCharlie said:
5 GC games on show at TGS
21 Xbox games....
PS2 - something stupid like 180!

that's slightly worrying that a near dead console is showing more than you (nintendo)

Well, Nintendo alone would have around 10 games to show. But, from what I can gather, TGS has biohazard 4, killer7, Viewtiful Joe 2, Super Robot Taisen GC, Naruto 3 and others jarrod listed.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Well, Nintendo alone would have around 10 games to show. But, from what I can gather, TGS has biohazard 4, killer7, Viewtiful Joe 2, Super Robot Taisen GC, Naruto 3 and others jarrod listed."

I'll check Famitsu later, it has the totals but , yeah, NGC is down has having only 5 titles on display

AssMan

Banned
"Kurosaki Ichigo is just your normal 15-year-old who sees dead people all the time, until he meets a Shinigami (God/Angel of Death) and gets a job offer he can't refuse."

Yu Yu Hakusho?

jarrod

Banned
DCharlie said:
"Well, Nintendo alone would have around 10 games to show. But, from what I can gather, TGS has biohazard 4, killer7, Viewtiful Joe 2, Super Robot Taisen GC, Naruto 3 and others jarrod listed."

I'll check Famitsu later, it has the totals but , yeah, NGC is down has having only 5 titles on display
The Famistu list was for prerelease announcements only, not what's really at the show.

Also, I'm betting Bandai release Budokai 2 GC in Japan and EA will likely have NFSU2. :)

ourumov

GC will be the first system in the history being screwed by game companies instead of low user sales.
They have decided to kill it, not us.

jarrod

Banned
ourumov said:
GC will be the first system in the history being screwed by game companies instead of low user sales.
Actually, I think the same could be said of Dreamcast (but to a much lesser extent). Still, maybe it'd be good for Nintendo to stop focusing on DS so much and get some other companes to help out on the console side? I really don't see why they wouldn't want games like Ookami, Ys VI or Katamari Damacy on their platform as well...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
ourumov said:
That's an interesting -- and true, as near as I can tell -- statement that I never really thought of before (as long as you discount "live" systems killed off by a generation jump, like the PSX or SNES). Jarrod brings up a good point with the DC, but that was more of Sega not having the funds to continue than developers screwing the system over. It was both to some extent, though.

That Xbox can be regarded by some as in the same league as the PS2 while the GC is "nearly dead", despite the two having near-exact worldwide numbers, is astounding.

Solid

human5892 said:
That Xbox can be regarded by some as in the same league as the PS2 while the GC is "nearly dead", despite the two having near-exact worldwide numbers, is astounding.
Never trust an Xbot.

Top Bottom