• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Hasney

Stop murdering people breh, wrasslin's fake.

Not when I was the booker it wasn't. #WrestlingIsReal #RussoWouldBeProud #Deathmatch

CAksok4.jpg

EDIT: Just remembered that this match was competed under MMA rules, but the cage/barbedwire/inferno options were on another screen, which I forgot to turn off.

I really like The Last of Us but doing a stage re-inaction of the story is a few steps down the "up your own ass" road for me.

Its like a step away from a musical or scenes being redone in interpretive dance.

Watching the first WWF Draft, it's actually been pretty good and it's made me a little disappointed they never developed the concept further.

Didn't they run a draft yearly for several years?

I thought it was neat at first but hated the concept after a couple of years. Glad most of the roster is on both shows now.

They should have a storyline reason for someone going from NXT to the main roster.

A Draft or a rumble / MITB type deal with a spot on the main roster on the line.

Then again you probably dont want to make NXT seem like a place people are fighting to escape from.....

Aiii

So not worth it
Hm, got my hands on a Warlords of Draenor beta key.

But then I try to activate it and it tells me you can only activate a WoD beta key on an account that has at least Mists of Pandoria. Which I do, but I pre-ordered WoD so it's registered as a WoD-level account.

JEEZUS!

This is the first time I had to send in a support-ticket to a GM since Burning Crusade I believe.

Didn't they run a draft yearly for several years?

I thought it was neat at first but hated the concept after a couple of years. Glad most of the roster is on both shows now.

Yeah, but they totally changed it from how it was first done. GMs had a pick each, and could actually CHOOSE who they wanted. Wrestlers were wrestling to prove their worth. Later on it was wrestlers wrestling for their brand, however won won a random pick for their brand.

So, this one had Flair and AA in their 'War Room' going over stat-sheets, discussion A, B, C options and throwing curveballs. McMahon was in his 'War Room' too. It was pretty cool. All the wrestlers watching and waiting, discussing who would be first and going where.

Yeah, but they totally changed it from how it was first done. GMs had a pick each, and could actually CHOOSE who they wanted. Wrestlers were wrestling to prove their worth. Later on it was wrestlers wrestling for their brand, however won won a random pick for their brand.

So, this one had Flair and AA in their 'War Room' going over stat-sheets, discussion A, B, C options and throwing curveballs. McMahon was in his 'War Room' too. It was pretty cool. All the wrestlers watching and waiting, discussing who would be first and going where.

The concept might work with NXT guys now. Have a show drafting them to the main roster every year. I don't mind the idea of a draft, I disliked the roster split between shows.

Carnby

As a (almost former) fat guy, I would say sure. But when you make your profession one that requires you to be naked and fit, I think it's okay to comment on someone being super out of shape.

In wrestling you either need to go way over the top with it and become Rikishi or be muscular, that's your options.

You don't know if Chris Hero is struggling with depression.

I think we'll all feel bad if something horrible happened after we all ridiculed his weight. "He's dead? Good! He's FAT!"

Aiii

So not worth it
You don't know if Chris Hero is struggling with depression.

I think we'll all feel bad if something horrible happened after we all ridiculed his weight. "He's dead? Good! He's FAT!"

Hey, don't put that on me. My post was fair and balanced.

Oh god, Hasney talking about MDickie games takes me BACK

He was always a one man band kinda dude, but I liked his goofy ass games back in my high school days. It's crazy that he ported them all to Android and they make bank for him now. Good for him. I remember playing the HHH vs Angle love triangle game with Steph, then his 2D games, then his 3D ones. Good god I'm old

Hasney

He was always a one man band kinda dude, but I liked his goofy ass games back in my high school days. It's crazy that he ported them all to Android and they make bank for him now. Good for him. I remember playing the HHH vs Angle love triangle game with Steph, then his 2D games, then his 3D ones. Good god I'm old

Oh shit, I didn't even realise it was an MDickie game, I thought he quit making games and this was just inspired by it a bit.

*goes to check site*

Well whaddya know. Also, he made all the old PC games available for free it seems, so I might just install the 2008 3D version.

EDIT: Someone modded it to have much better (PS2 era instead of PS1) graphics and have all real feds.

He made how many games? And yet Pro Wrestling X has been going for 11 years and they're still scamming people for donations with nothing to show for it, but people still throw them money.

Oh shit, I didn't even realise it was an MDickie game, I thought he quit making games and this was just inspired by it a bit.

*goes to check site*

Well whaddya know. Also, he made all the old PC games available for free it seems, so I might just install the 2008 3D version.

EDIT: Someone modded it to have much better (PS2 era instead of PS1) graphics and have all real feds.

What?! Oh MAN. You didn't know? (call somebody, etc)

I can't go down that rabbit hole again, I'll just blow body parts off myself doing Swantons onto C4

He made how many games? And yet Pro Wrestling X has been going for 11 years and they're still scamming people for donations with nothing to show for it, but people still throw them money.

Christ, at least 10-15? 2D versions of wrestling/booking, 3D versions, HHH/Angle, Big Bumpz, Popscene, that island survivor one, that prisoner survivor one, two boxing ones...

The man puts in WORK

*goes to check site*

Wait, what is this?

jmdajr

I noticed Steph's triceps were looking pretty defined last night. Must be training hard with Hubby to do battle.

I hope she can do well. I want her to have a decent match.

I noticed Steph's triceps were looking pretty defined last night. Must be training hard with Hubby to do battle.

I hope she can do well. I want her to have a decent match.
I'm gonna bet she's really not that far behind of Brie Bella in terms of wrestling ability lol.

somedevil

Can we just skip this shit and put hm on NXT shows immediately?

I would pay good money i don#t have to pay for NXT to see him stiff the shit out of Mojo or CJ Parker.

They have a taping this Thursday but I doubt you will see them. They have to finish up the tag tournament. The rumor is there is another special on September 11. So they could debut on the live special.

Also, everyone was fan of yesterday raw. Alvarez and Meltzer enjoyed it.

Do you think John Cena was legitimately angry when Cesaro said he couldn't wrestle?

Cena looked taken aback by the comment. That entire segment was weird.

Cesaro channelling 2008 IWC
Cena looked like a emotional wreck
And then suddenly a match of the year candidate opens RAW

Its like one of those all or nothing matches we normally see when someone needs to be written off TV.

Just tossing it out there.....If Cesaro is FE'd by the end of the week due to budget cuts I will not be shocked if this was his goodbye.

Kornflayx

Just started watching RAW and then Triple H shows up and does this:

ieiY47ugYp6zj.gif

Laughed way to hard at that. How he comes into the frame with Steph looking all distraught.

Cesaro is obviously not going to be involved in a big match at Summerslam but he's someone who can work a good match with Cena so there you go.

I'm more shocked that Meltzer buried Cena so hard last night. He thought the match was garbage.

Top Bottom