• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Vylash

I want them to take this gimmick all the way to Plan AA and bring out Austin Aries.

of course Summerslam is gonna be plan AA

3760458-8387835520-oY117.gif

Logic says Brock will win.
Dirt Sheets say Brock will win.

But John Cena will win. He didnt get to beat the streak. This is his revenge.

Maybe after the match MITB is cashed in so it doesnt matter anyway.

jmdajr

I wake up to Neogaf to see threads about more Isreali bombings and the spread of fucking Ebola. As always, Wrasslegaf is my sanctuary

Just wait until Vince McMahon's work ethic kills everyone who comes in contact with the disease.

His traveling circus will spread it far and wide.

RP912

Banned
It will probably depend on a few things. Will Cena still be champ? Will Attitude Era episodes of Raw/SmackDown and Nitro be available?

Not even uncle teddy can save the sinking ship of the network and I'm resubbing because...wrestling.

They seriously should have went about the network a different way. Vince saying fuck USA, pay per views, and cable all together...we putting all of our shit on the network.

Dude took a chance with the bodybuilding show, xfl, and friggin TNN....he could have done the same with the network.

There's just not enough new or original content to watch it. I mean they can't scrub a couple interns together to make some kayfabe documentaries and such to get some of these underused talent over?

There's just not enough new or original content to watch it. I mean they can't scrub a couple interns together to make some kayfabe documentaries and such to get some of these underused talent over?
Yeah it's too easy to have watched enough things that you realize all you can do now is go back in time. At that point I just watch Netflix.

RP912

Banned
The network seems good to have for background noise at this point. I was playing Simcity and had summerslam 2002 in the background. Good ppv but Summer slam 2005 was probably the best summerslam of all time imo.

Sanjuro

I remember someone flipped out on me when I suggested there was not enough content.

When a majority of your program is accessible on YouTube or re-compiled compilation footage, you have issues. The only thing I watched the network for was Legend's House.

Striker

The network seems good to have for background noise at this point. I was playing Simcity and had summerslam 2002 in the background. Good ppv but Summer slam 2005 was probably the best summerslam of all time imo.
1992's SummerSlam, brotherjackdude.

Gorillaz

I'll say Brock wins but still how many appearances do they have left for him if he wins with the title?

Unless they are planning some type of fuckery where Seth Rollins will cash it in somehow through all of that.

Anyone wanna help on a quick favour? Can't seem to find that Kurt Angle bailout gif from the Smackdown tron on Google. Can someone post it please?

DMczaf

I'll say Brock wins but still how many appearances do they have left for him if he wins with the title?

Unless they are planning some type of fuckery where Seth Rollins will cash it in somehow through all of that.

Brock holds the title UFC style. Shows up on PPVs with the belt, doesn't actually wrestle.

Bowser

I'd bet Network Subs Cena wlaks out champion. BTW, they only nearly cleared 700K subs, not the 760K Bobo was parroting from Wrestlezone.....

I didn't get that from Wrestlezone. If it was posted on Wrestlezone, show me where.

760k? I thought the # was closer to 660k, right?

Fake edit: Yep, 667k and could actually be lower:

No-one dreamed that subscriber numbers could have declined from the 667,287 figure WWE reported the day after WrestleMania 30 due to the six month commitment to the service, but Dave Scherer is now speculating that could be the case:

"There are some within the company that have intimated to us that when the WWE second quarter numbers are released, the number of subscribers will actually go down (which to be clear we can't confirm at this time). When this was mentioned on audio yesterday, subscribers asked how it is possible that the numbers could drop given that people made a six-month commitment when they signed up. It's easy to explain. If there is no money on the debit or credit card someone signed up with, when WWE tries to draw payment they will not get it. Eventually, the subscriber in question is cut off, reducing the numbers."

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-may-have-even-declined-since-wrestlemania-30

Fucking genius, I might just get a prepaid debit card and sign up for the network around the WM, Summerslam, and RR. No point to watch any of the other PPVs, they're just glorified RAWs.

njean777

Not even uncle teddy can save the sinking ship of the network and I'm resubbing because...wrestling.

They seriously should have went about the network a different way. Vince saying fuck USA, pay per views, and cable all together...we putting all of our shit on the network.

Dude took a chance with the bodybuilding show, xfl, and friggin TNN....he could have done the same with the network.

They would have had to wait for the international version to be done then I would think . That way he could fully take it off of all the networks.

evil ways

760k? I thought the # was closer to 660k, right?

Fake edit: Yep, 667k and could actually be lower:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-may-have-even-declined-since-wrestlemania-30

Fucking genius, I might just get a prepaid debit card and sign up for the network around the WM, Summerslam, and RR. No point to watch any of the other PPVs, they're just glorified RAWs.

Beautiful, talk about the carnie con-man finally getting hustled.

So what now, Vince crawls back and bends over to PPV providers in the U.S.?

WCW notes from a December '98 issue of the Wrestling Observer:

There is a huge deal that hasn't been finalized at press time but if it is, has potentially huge positive repercussions as it regards this company's position in the wrestling war.
Wonder what that turned out to be.

Eric Bischoff had another meeting with talent before Nitro on 12/14. He officially told talent that Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page would be joining in the booking team with himself, Kevin Sullivan and Dusty Rhodes, and that Terry Taylor would be moving over to production. Bischoff heavily stressed all the wrestlers being easy to find at least two segments before they go on television for any fine-tuning of what they need to do, and the need for wrestlers to hit their time marks better since it's a live television shoot. He, without saying names, talked about people doing interviews or matches for longer than they are scheduled and how it messes with the timing of the show. He spoke about big changes coming in January with the company. He said that they are going to re-invent wrestling early next year, claiming they did so once and will do it again and told everyone he didn't want them attempting to compete on a vulgarity level with WWF. He claimed that he watched both shows on 12/7 and he believes WCW has a better television show but that WWF is gaining attention of teenagers because it's more vulgar (the point he's missing is that WWF is gaining the attention of teenagers to a huge degree for its shock value and swearing, but it is also the better television show most weeks, particularly from a storyline standpoint). He really emphasized not tolerating changing finishes, and he got to put his foot down on 12/14 when Stevie Ray complained about doing a job for Konnan. Ray went up the ladder to complain, and when it got to Bischoff, he totally put his foot down about it.
Didn't know DDP got booking power. Or did he?

Everyone is noticing just how rapidly Bill Goldberg is cooling off. A few months back his merchandise was huge, and now it's actually nicknamed "Coldberg." . . For whatever reason, WCW has either decided not to, or simply never decided to, promote the Hart movie on its television even though it sponsored at least one of its Grand Openings. The one mention on 12/7 by Gene Okerlund, in passing without saying when it airs or what it is, was something Okerlund decided to do on his own.
That's interesting. I thought it was Starrcade that killed him, and this was before that. Goldberg was cooling off before he got beat?

Giant is strongly leaning toward leaving again.

McMichael no-showed Nitro on 12/14.
MONGO

Sting is doing a TV movie called "Shutter Speed" as a pilot for a potential series.
SHUTTERSPEED

Vampiro's debut has been pushed back to SuperBrawl in San Francisco.
Why couldn't it have been pushed back indefinitely?

Top Bottom