• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Sid got bored and had his hair straightened.

sidlonghair.jpg

Fabio?

Striker

Is this real life? I feel like I'm having a stroke.

Stephanie is a fucking god though. Dunno if her wrestling will be up to par.
It won't even be a 'wrestling' match. Besides, it's gotten the crowd somewhat interested, even if it's 99% all Stephanie. Can't say the same for "CM Punk! CM Punk!" Paige and AJ's feud.

Alucard

Banned
Hey dudes, just letting ya'll know I've been doing well with my diet so far this week. Just cereal and coffee for breakfast on Monday, hard-boiled egg, some tomato, and coffee yesterday, and just a hard-boiled egg and a coffee today. Have done some DDP Yoga as well. Aw yeah.

#BreakfastGAF
#WeightShameGAF

I disagree with pretty much all of that except winning the belts. That would've been badass if it happened at money in the bank, but it didn't, so that opportunity has passed for now. It was awesome when the Shield did it.

I might get back to this when I'm not on my phone.
So you would have them sing "You've got the whole world..." crap and say "Miami, we're here." and get beat up by the Usos rather than be the most promising heel stable that's been in the WWE for the last 10 years? To each their own, I guess....

Guys, I really suck at WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game.

Game was shit anyway. Which sucks cause a WWE game with photo captures of the wrestlers themselves should've been the hottest shit ever. It needed Ed Boon, a 2D plane, finishers that end the matches, and Vince himself losing his shit over all of it.

I'm convinced Bret Hart actually made that game.

Carnby

Game was shit anyway. Which sucks cause a WWE game with photo captures of the wrestlers themselves should've been the hottest shit ever. It needed Ed Boon, a 2D plane, finishers that end the matches, and Vince himself losing his shit over all of it.

I'm convinced Bret Hart actually made that game.

The game was amazing!

Slamming an opponent four times, like a rug, with Razor Ramon was awesome.

"*slam*
Nobody
*slam*
Messes
*slam*
With
*slam*
The Bad Guy"

Also 20+ hit combos, uppercutting opponents to the roof, wrestlers bleeding their personalities, commentary by Vince and Lawler, MK x NBA Jam game play together made this game awesome.

Don't confuse this game with the awful In Your House game.

Edit: All home ports of WM The Arcade game suck, except PS1 and PC. This game was best played in the arcade.

Kaladin

"arena" heh.

Still think the best part of the gif is that the one staff guy went right over to get it for you.

Yeah, he brought it right back over to me.

It's too bad Donst never went to TNA. I would have got some mileage out of that gif.
Hey dudes, just letting ya'll know I've been doing well with my diet so far this week. Just cereal and coffee for breakfast on Monday, hard-boiled egg, some tomato, and coffee yesterday, and just a hard-boiled egg and a coffee today. Have done some DDP Yoga as well. Aw yeah.

#BreakfastGAF
#WeightShameGAF

I recently changed a big part of my diet myself. I dropped diet soda in favor of sugar free green tea. I've been doing this for about two weeks now and I'm already noticing minor differences. I'm sure in the long run getting rid of soda (even diet soda) from my daily diet will improve a lot.

Alucard

Banned
I recently changed a big part of my diet myself. I dropped diet soda in favor of sugar free green tea. I've been doing this for about two weeks now and I'm already noticing minor differences. I'm sure in the long run getting rid of soda (even diet soda) from my daily diet will improve a lot.

Well done. I've really cut down on sugary drinks in general and have just been trying to drink water exclusively. No soda, no juice, no alcohol. It's made a difference.

njean777

I was just watching a compilation of all the promos leading to the debut of the Wyatt family on RAW, to be honest to me that has been one of the best worked introductions in the history of WWE. It is amazing how they were able to go from such a promising group of young stars (especially Bray and Harper) and managed to turn it into a complete laughingstock of a stable. I still think there is salvation to the group, and I think that they need to do a couple of things to make them feel relevant again:

1. Have all of them win the belt at the same night. This will bring a lot of credibilty to the stable, and make them instant top guys.

2. Add more members to the stable. I would add at least 2 more guys and 1 woman. Remember the first promos where they had people chanting at Bray's house? Bring a couple of more guys/gals in and re-inforce the fact that the movement is INDEED growing.

3. Make them full blown heels again. All babyface stuff need to stop, today. No more chanting stupid songs to the crowds, or mentioning town names. Go full badass and take anyone that stands in your way.

4. Make Bray's top priority to gain more people to the cause, and the new guys should come in as recruiters. Make them beat up anyone that wont listen to the message.

The Wyatt Family was probably one of the most interesting things WWE has brought us in quite a while (that and the Shield, but that's another post for another day right there). I hope that they dont continue hurting the stable by feeding them to Cena/Usos, etc.

I think it would have been interesting to have a full Wyatt stable vs a full shield stable. Bring back the stables!! Then again WWE fucked all that up.

I'm legitimately excited for Brie and Stephs feud.

Best thing going in the stupid company at the moment, can't believe it even got a pullaway brawl lol. Has a waaay better build than Cena and Bork lol.

That shit is so by the book. Cena gets serious this time because Bork is the MOST CHALLENGING EVER YOU GUYS HOW CAN HE OVER COME THIS? SOMETHING SOMETHING THE STREAK SOMETHING SOMETHING JACK!

I can't believe he doesn't get tired of this. By now I bet they don't even need to lay things out in plan - just nod and Cena walks out there knowing what recycled shit to say and Heyman knows what recycled shit to say.

Really enjoyed Cena vs Cesaro again though, you can tell they're 'friends' and Cena wanted to make Cesaro look like a boss during it despite everyone in the world knowing the end has to be lolCenawins.

I think it would have been interesting to have a full Wyatt stable vs a full shield stable. Bring back the stables!! Then again WWE fucked all that up.

I remember the Raw after WM I though omg D-Bry is gonna 'lead' a stable of him and The Shield vs HHH and The Authority and we're getting full on war or something. It was set up perfectly. The knee to HHH after the guys brawled then the stare-down. I was like ooooomg 2014 gonna be soo good if this is a proper faction war thing.

Sigh.

Vylash

Cena single handedly killed the last full stable so I'd rather they not come back until he's gone

Alucard

Banned
ROH's Field of Honor show is looking pretty good on paper. This is their outdoor show happening on August 15th.

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
“FIELD OF HONOR”
FRIDAY, AUGUST 15TH, 2014

MCU PARK
1904 Surf Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11224
(718) 449-8497

Matches signed include:
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 4 WAY MATCH
“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin defends against “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, Adam Cole & Jay Briscoe

STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE ROH WORLD TV TITLE
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs former World TV Champion, Matt Taven

ROH World Tag Team Championship:
reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian

- Cedric Alexander vs. ACH

- Mark Briscoe vs New Japan's Watanabe

SIGNED TO APPEAR....
- Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis
- Rocky Romero
- War Machine (Hanson & Rowe)
- The Decade
- Tommaso Ciampa
- Silas Young
- Former NFL offensive lineman Quinn “Moose” Ojinnaka

081514tagtitles.jpg

Aw yeah.

Sephzilla

Cena is definitely walking out Summerslam champ.

And as the guy WHO BEAT
THE GUY THAT BEAT
THE STREAK!

Which is the only reason this match even exists.

Pretty much. There's no way a part timer with a set amount of limited appearances in his contract is going to get the belt and potentially hold it until WrestleMania.

The only reason I see Cena potentially losing is to set up a rematch at the next PPV where Cena could simultaneously avenge Undertaker's streak and tie Ric Flair's championship record. Because you know Vince wants a WWE guy to have that distinction more so than an NWA/WCW guy.

Sephzilla

Isn't cena taking off time after summerslam because of movies?

Any time Cena says he's taking time off, for whatever reason, he ends up coming back way ahead of schedule. Vince would tell Cena to take a 3 month vacation and he'd still come back after a month.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think he's shooting both movies right now, it's why he missed last week's Raw and is missing next week's Raw as well.

jmdajr

Can't wait till Dave talks about how much better "his" movie did than the Rock.

Rock-"Oh yeah, I'm in fast and the Furious bitch!"

Dave-"OH YEAH, I'M IN AVENGERS 3 BITCH! DEAL WITH IT"

DMczaf

Can't wait till Dave talks about how much better "his" movie did than the Rock.

Rock-"Oh yeah, I'm in fast and the Furious bitch!"

Dave-"OH YEAH, I'M IN AVENGERS 3 BITCH! DEAL WITH IT"

More like

Rock - "I made $52M last year"

Dave - "OH YEAH! I WAS IN AVENGERS 3....making $200K."

Top Bottom