• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still can't believe the WWE fucked up the Network so badly. They could have just done a straight Netflix thing whereby they offered a large portion of their video library for $10 a month, and they still could have kept their PPV business separate, and they would have made even more money.

Instead, they offer barely anything from their library, killed one of their revenues streams, and the idea was that the network would serve as leverage during TV negotiations.

LOL!

What is the point of Punk outside of the context of wrestling? Why are people enabling this?

I like people who are happy. He's happy. And I've always personally enjoyed hearing people talk about stuff they like and are interested in as long as them actually talking about it isn't boring.

I'd be all over a Punk podcast, even if he was just talking about the Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bears for an hour once a week.

G1 day 6 looks solid

01. G1 Climax - Block A: Doc Gallows vs Bad Luck Fale
02. G1 Climax - Block A: Yuji Nagata vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
03. G1 Climax - Block B: Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
04. G1 Climax - Block A: Satoshi Kojima vs Katsuyori Shibata
05. G1 Climax - Block B: Hirooki Goto vs Karl Anderson
06. G1 Climax - Block B: Minoru Suzuki vs Lance Archer
07. G1 Climax - Block A: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Shelton Benjamin
08. G1 Climax - Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs AJ Styles
09. G1 Climax - Block B: Kazuchika Okada vs Toru Yano
10. G1 Climax - Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tomohiro Ishii

Yano/okada!
ishii/tanahashi!

gurudyne

Yeah that is another big issue. Either have chapters for everything or give me a player that actually allows me to find stuff by putting in time codes or just having a proper timeline.

They also need to remove the spoilers from the chapter names. Trying to find certain matches on old PPVs by reading the captions for the "chapters" will likely spoil the finish of the match you're trying to watch.

Xater

What is the point of Punk outside of the context of wrestling? Why are people enabling this?

I don't know. I I really don't give a shit about the guy if it is outside of the context of wrestling. There are probably better people I can listen to about basically any topic he can possibly talk about that isn't wrestling.

booker_t_first_pitch.gif

orbit_spinaroonie.gif

i actually like his promo.

jeezus that ring is small
That is what used to be standard British Indy wrestling ring size, and still is for the smaller companies. The last few years there have been larger rings floating around that the larger promotions mostly use now.

So I was flipping through this months Edge, and there's a feature about game hacking that has some brief discussion and interviews on the No Mercy hacking scene. Cool stuff.

dream

I, for one, am not surprised that the Network is such a colossal failure. With the exception of WWE Studios, this wretched company has made fools out of themselves every time they've attempted to step out of their area of core competence.

For a company that is so ashamed of being pro rasslin, it's really remarkable to see just how incompetent they are at everything else.

Bowser

I, for one, am not surprised that the Network is such a colossal failure. With the exception of WWE Studios, this wretched company has made fools out of themselves every time they've attempted to step out of their area of core competence.

For a company that is so ashamed of being pro rasslin, it's really remarkable to see just how incompetent they are at everything else.

They aren't very competent at pro wrest..excuse me, "sports entertainment" either...

Heel

They aren't very competent at pro wrest..excuse me, "sports entertainment" either...

AbM8r.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Also, why is it okay to talk about JR or Stone Cold being on Podcasts, but not Punk being on one? Or to talk about Shawn Michaels hunting program, but not Punk being on a YouTube video reporting from comic-Con?

Isn't that weird?

Also, why is it okay to talk about JR or Stone Cold being on Podcasts, but not Punk being on one? Or to talk about Shawn Michaels hunting program, but not Punk being on a YouTube video reporting from comic-Con?

Isn't that weird?

People hate the greatest of all time. They see how easy it was for him to move on from them, and it hurts. It's okay, we rise above hate, and we stand tall and proud of Friend Punk.

Kaladin

They shouldn't have launched the network without the content they initially said they would launch with. They kept revising their launch content to be more and more vague to the point to where it was only select episodes of back TV.

People expected to log in and binge watch past years of wrasslin, in one go....not wait as they slowly add content to the service day by day.

They haven't even got to 1995 yet, or Nitro.

strobogo

Banned

Isn't that weird?

Probably because JR and Austin talk about wrestling and to other wrestlers. Austin also talks to actors since he is also an actor. JR talks with real professional athletes since he also has a back ground in calling real sports. Punk to start one and not talk about wrestling at all and pretend that isn't the only thing he's known for would be pretty weird.

They shouldn't have launched the network without the content they initially said they would launch with. They kept revising their launch content to be more and more vague to the point to where it was only select episodes of back TV.

People expected to log in and binge watch past years of wrasslin, in one go....not wait as they slowly add content to the service day by day.

They haven't even got to 1995 yet, or Nitro.

They're into July of 1995 for Raw.

Xater

Isn't that weird?

It's ok to talk about I just don't hink he has anything interesting to contribute. JR and Stone Cold are way more entertaining plus they do actually also talk about wrestling. I'd never watch a hunting program.

On the Network: Also not having your current RAW and Smackdown shows on there after they aired is just dumb.

Aiii

So not worth it
Probably because JR and Austin talk about wrestling and to other wrestlers. Austin also talks to actors since he is also an actor. JR talks with real professional athletes since he also has a back ground in calling real sports. Punk to start one and not talk about wrestling at all and pretend that isn't the only thing he's known for would be pretty weird.

Fair enough, but from what I understand there are some legal issues ongoing and that is why he is avoiding mentioning WWE still. Not sure if that is why, but there you go.

Then again, Goldberg's podcast also isn't about wrestling much at all, so it's not unprecedented.

Kaladin

I'm not renewing my network sub. Adding back content is too slow for me and the month long delay on old Raws is too much.

I'll check back in on it later to see if new Raws get a better time table, but I doubt it.

Heel

I'm of the opinion that Stone Cold Steven Austin talking about the rats on his ranch via Podcast One is more entertaining than CM Punk's entire career.

I'm of the opinion that Stone Cold Steven Austin talking about the rats on his ranch via Podcast One is more entertaining than CM Punk's entire career.

Friend Heel, promise me that you'll never post the hall of fame song (t=1m15s) in reference to CM Punk. All I ask of you.

Browny

Banned
I'd expect a big push on content announcements fairly soon, to try and tie people in up to Elimation Chamber (so they have to renew for WM) - they must be getting close to the actual episodes of the Wars?

Zach

¡HarlequinPanic!;123347828 said:
Stone Cold/Bret SS 96?

The stone cold uberfacts about rats thing had me rollin' personally.

"YOU GOTTA GIVE THAT SUMBITCH A HIPTOSS OF ABOUT FIFTY FEET OR YOU GON' EXPOSE THE BUSINESS"

Austin's a pretty funny guy. I like listening to his and JR's podcasts while I mow. JR calling Austin stepping in dog crap was pretty good. "Bah gawd, Steve! That turd had a family!" or some such nonsense.

strobogo

Banned
I think you could really say it started when Goldust debuted. Or at various points in 1995 really. Diesel promos where Vince called him Kevin Nash. Bret's promos leading up to his match with Nash at Rumble 1995. Bret's promo on episode 112 of Raw where he comes out (in jorks and his jacket) and among other things calls King a son of a bitch and lower than shit and has to be pulled off by refs, Vince, and agents.

Or KOTR 1996 and REAL ASS Stone Cold. Definitely in the swing of things by the time Bret was on Raw screaming about how things are bullshit and getting into a fight with Vince.

Sephzilla

I'm curious what push we're going to see to get people to resub for the Network. I dont know about you guys but I'm thinking I might letting my sub run out and then resub in January so I can get Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania in the same cycle

Bowser

I'm curious what push we're going to see to get people to resub for the Network. I dont know about you guys but I'm thinking I might letting my sub run out and then resub in January so I can get Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, and SummerSlam all in one 6 month cycle.

How would you get SummerSlam in that cycle?

edit: Gotya!

Zach

Will you guys just shut your faces and subscribe/re-subscribe to the Network so I can watch through the Monday Night Wars? I mean Jesus Christ, people.

Xater

Will you guys just shut your faces and subscribe/re-subscribe to the Network so I can watch through the Monday Night Wars? I mean Jesus Christ, people.

That's probably the thing I was most interested in and it's still not there.

Do you think a campaign to Spike to bring back MXC reruns in October and put it in place of TNA's time would work? I would actually regularly watch Spike again if it worked.

Top Bottom