• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Farooq should have been world champ, King of the Ring 1997 he was so hot and they should have pulled the trigger.

Other than that, maybe an R-Truth transitional reign? Lashley probably would have been if Hayes didn't make him quit, they were high on him. Booker T clearly should have beaten Trips. The only other person in that list Vince posted that I think could even have gotten close would have been MVP.

Obviously Henry was WHC, but I don't think he was ever good enough for the main gold. Not a fan of his at all, but credit where it's due, guy busted his ass for over a decade.

Love what I've seen of Xavier so far. Guy can talk and he's had good matches in NXT. Let's see where it goes from here. Think the guy who's going to benefit most though is Kofi. Man, he's basically been the same guy since he started.

MVP and Lashley both left more or less on their own terms and both would have very likely been at least WHC, with Lashley probably getting the WWE belt at some point.

Gonzalez

Banned
Speaking of which, no shoes are guaranteed to garner a reaction like the new John Cena shoes, now available at K MART.

spin_prod_1030042312
The shoephyles will be all over those.

WWE is so in the shitter now that they can't even get a Wal-Mart deal. They gotta go to K-Mart. I didn't even know K-Mart was still around.

we don't have K-Mart here. we do have Staples. and some shit from Aii's land called Media Markt. no KFC, no Walmart. McDonalds and Burger King yes.

Aiii

So not worth it
we don't have K-Mart here. we do have Staples. and some shit from Aii's land called Media Markt. no KFC, no Walmart. McDonalds and Burger King yes.
Actually, Media Markt came from Germany.

We get KFC though, Subway, Starbucks , Dominos and of course BK and McD. I think Dunkin Donuts is making a comeback in NL soon too.

But not Walmart.

Kornflayx

Actually, Media Market came from Germany.

We get KFC though, Subway, Starbucks , Dominos and of course BK and McD. I think Dunkin Donuts is making a comeback in NL soon too.

But not Walmart.

Yeah, I'm sorry for giving you guys Media Markt. Overpriced shit.

Sid

BTW that Bork promo on RAW could have been better if he had wrecked some shit backstage and then threw some ring staff into the crowd.

Thorakai

BTW that Bork promo on RAW could have been better if he had wrecked some shit backstage and then threw some ring staff into the crowd.

I don't know why they don't make it mandatory for Brock to destroy someone in every one of his appearances. The people paid good money to see Brock smash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else feel like Hogan's a lot more likeable this last year? Basically since signing with the WWE, but maybe even more before that. Basically since the Sex Tape. Maybe they just cover it up better now, but he seems to finally accept that he's getting older, he seems more humble, and he just seems relaxed. Less paranoid. Like when they did the Andre The Giant Battle Royal thing, he pretty much spent the whole time talking about Andre instead of himself when doing PR. I thought he came off real natural with Rock and Stone Cold at Wrestlemania too. And him and Warrior making amends helped a lot.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Farooq should have been world champ, King of the Ring 1997 he was so hot and they should have pulled the trigger.

Other than that, maybe an R-Truth transitional reign? Lashley probably would have been if Hayes didn't make him quit, they were high on him. Booker T clearly should have beaten Trips. The only other person in that list Vince posted that I think could even have gotten close would have been MVP.

Obviously Henry was WHC, but I don't think he was ever good enough for the main gold. Not a fan of his at all, but credit where it's due, guy busted his ass for over a decade.

Love what I've seen of Xavier so far. Guy can talk and he's had good matches in NXT. Let's see where it goes from here. Think the guy who's going to benefit most though is Kofi. Man, he's basically been the same guy since he started.

I miss batshit crazy R-Truth.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyone else feel like Hogan's a lot more likeable this last year? Basically since signing with the WWE, but maybe even more before that. Basically since the Sex Tape. Maybe they just cover it up better now, but he seems to finally accept that he's getting older, he seems more humble, and he just seems relaxed. Less paranoid. Like when they did the Andre The Giant Battle Royal thing, he pretty much spent the whole time talking about Andre instead of himself when doing PR. I thought he came off real natural with Rock and Stone Cold at Wrestlemania too. And him and Warrior making amends helped a lot.

Maybe the Sheik finally got him in the Camel Clutch and made him Humbo.

Kornflayx

Not over here mate. Newest games for 55 max, big games usually for less. Pretty good deals on electronics too.

Wut. New games normally 60 and more, big games usually more. And if you're not a techie and know what you want to buy, the staff also have no clue what they're doing. :(

Gonzalez

Banned
Looking at this gif I never realised that that guy looks directly at the camera before he reacts. It's like he's checking whether that was his cue.
I would not be surprised. Manipulation runs deep through the entire fabric of professional wrestling.

XenoRaven

I agree. I think it's a combination of factors. He's older and has mellowed out for sure. But he's also not in the spotlight and there's no reason for him to even try and get involved in backstage politics. There's no creative control, he's not winning any titles, nothing. He's back in WWE because it's where he made his name, he shows his face every once in awhile then heads back home to Miami or LA or wherever he lives and enjoys his retirement.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wut. New games normally 60 and more, big games usually more. And if you're not a techie and know what you want to buy, the staff also have no clue what they're doing. :(
Yeah, you guys get robbed. Games and movies too are soooo much cheaper in our MM/Saturn's than in yours.

Heel

Did you notice that the cups were Red, White, and Blue, which are Kurt Angle's patented colours?

They're also on a boat, signifying that they're floating Kurt an offer. Also, that TNA is a sinking ship. Holy cow.

Karen RT'd that Kurt was on the WWE.com website for 4th of July. I assume that she's over it. I don't know how Kurt feels about it though.

Signaling that Kurt should claim independence? Holy cow.

jred2k

He had some pretty bad years while he was going through his divorce. And not too be too LOLTNA, but being in front of small crowds in the Impact Zone when you can still remember what Hulkamania was like has to be depressing on some level.

- WWE is apparently putting up signs or alerts during Bray Wyatt's entrance now, to encourage people to light up the arena with their mobile phones.

What's next? Alerts being put up to try and tell the crowds who to "cheer" and "boo" similar to what WCW use to do when they filmed at Disney? They have their awful announce team do it enough.

Remember back in the day when the lights went out for the Undertaker's entrance? People did lighter shit without having to be notified to do it. Phone screen backlights just isn't as cool in the first place and even lamer if WWE has to alert people to do it.

What's next? Alerts being put up to try and tell the crowds who to "cheer" and "boo" similar to what WCW use to do when they filmed at Disney? They have their awful announce team do it enough.

Remember back in the day when the lights went out for the Undertaker's entrance? People did lighter shit without having to be notified to do it. Phone screen backlights just isn't as cool in the first place and even lamer if WWE has to alert people to do it.

I didn't get or see any alerts for Bray's entrance.

Top Bottom