• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

McNei1y

Maybe....just maybe we'll get a reign of bork for a few months to the point trips and even heyman can't control the beast.

Rumble comes and WHOSE NUMBER 30.....*cues daniel bryan theme*

bryan/bork at wrestlemania 31

And then Kurt Angle comes out for some reason! And the crowd goes wild!

Speaking of "female companions", how do your significant others react to wrestling, if at all?

My girl is indifferent to it. She doesn't watch it herself but I bet I could get her into it if I tried lol. She knew what a suplex was early on into the relationship but she got that from anime/videogames.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they do Bryan/Brock at Mania 31. They probably wanted to do it here before he got hurt, hence their extreme hesitation in stripping him of the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of "female companions", how do your significant others react to wrestling, if at all?

My girl is indifferent to it. She doesn't watch it herself but I bet I could get her into it if I tried lol. She knew what a suplex was early on into the relationship but she got that from anime/videogames.

Would you put her in the front row at a live show or do you think she would be OK with sitting a few rows back?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm working on making a Legit Shook shirt for my roommate to wear, since she's going to be a part of the Exotic Express on Raw Monday. I hope it makes it.

And it's going to be WEIRD and AMAZING!

RP912

Banned
And then Kurt Angle comes out for some reason! And the crowd goes wild!

Retirement match...bry/kurt= BOOK IT

My wife became a wrestling head by the magic of Shield vs Wyatts feud. She became a believer from watching wrestlemania 30 and seeing bryan win the belts.

Sometimes she comes off like a ultra mark to the point where I just want to bust out and say "it's still real to me dammit".

Other than that its all the reigns factor. The moment he talks and does his diesel hair kickback I get mildly jealous :(.

Cagey

Banned
Maybe....just maybe we'll get a reign of bork for a few months to the point trips and even heyman can't control the beast.

Rumble comes and WHOSE NUMBER 30.....*cues daniel bryan theme*

bryan/bork at wrestlemania 31

Bryan and Brock would have an awesome match, but at no point would it be remotely realistic for Daniel Bryan to stand a chance of not getting murdered within 5 minutes by Brock Lesnar.

On the bright side, he's got a better physique than Punk, so it wouldn't look as silly as that was.

She's come to accept that on Mondays I'm going to watch Raw, before and after her requisite one hour of empty calories Real Housewives television. She's taken to mocking the dumb parts, getting annoyed at the naked women, ogling Alberto Del Rio, thinking my mirin' for some of the dude's physiques is homoerotic, and wondering why everyone is so bad at talking except for "that bald guy with Brock Lesnar because he's way better than everyone else".

She only cares about Reigns. I already lost.

RP912

Banned
Bryan and Brock would have an awesome match, but at no point would it be remotely realistic for Daniel Bryan to stand a chance of not getting murdered within 5 minutes by Brock Lesnar.

On the bright side, he's got a better physique than Punk, so it wouldn't look as silly as that was.

Bryan could go for the underdog effect like during wrestlemania 30. It would work especially for a comeback match. Imagine these dudes going for 30 minutes tops with bork wrecking bry while bry keeps coming after him. Bry hits the shining wizard and the crowd loses his shit. Everybody in the wwe come out to celebrate even a sour triple h....then cena comes out and slowly claps as he walks to the back.

Mine doesn't like it, but will sit and watch it, and occasionally ask questions, or get interested in the documentaries.

She did manage to absorb enough to use it to keep her students in check though, so that's something.

jmdajr

I'm working on making a Legit Shook shirt for my roommate to wear, since she's going to be a part of the Exotic Express on Raw Monday. I hope it makes it.

And it's going to be WEIRD and AMAZING!

I plan to be at that show. Hardly any seats left. And..I haven't bought tickets! It will probbaly just be me though. I bet I can get 1.

She did manage to absorb enough to use it to keep her students in check though, so that's something.

'Ms. Miller! Ms. Miller!'
'What's wrong, Johnny?'
'Mrs. FlammableD just hit Bobby with an RKO!'
'What?! Oh no!'
'I know! He should've never jumped off the desk at her, she was totally telegraphing it!'

brie-bella-bitch-guyefr3a.gif

Thanks Aii, you're a good guy

Sometimes I just can't.

I can't.

There is nothing wrong with losing that match. Jesus christ, it's a fucking Smackdown match against a top guy, it has absolutely NO IMPACT on ANYTHING.

Shit is bad. Jeezus.

Sometimes I just can't

I can't.

There's nothing wrong with me wondering where they're going with Cesaro, if anywhere. Jesus christ, it's just speculation on a mid-carder they're not doing much with, it has absolutely NO IMPACT on ANYTHING.

I just wanna say that I don't like Paul Heyman's promos. He comes off as so tryhard erudite, and while it's obvious he has a much more extensive vocabulary than most of the people associated with the WWE, it seems just as obvious that the reason for this is some gross snobbish superiority complex he has. I listened to him interview on the Stone Cold podcast and he just came across as another sleazy snake oil guy. That's behind the scenes, obviously, but I don't find his delivery or his phrasings to be all that entertaining.

However Brock does need a guy at this side and Heyman will do.

Cagey

Banned
Bryan could go for the underdog effect like during wrestlemania 30. It would work especially for a comeback match. Imagine these dudes going for 30 minutes tops with bork wrecking bry while bry keeps coming after him. Bry hits the shining wizard and the crowd loses his shit. Everybody in the wwe come out to celebrate even a sour triple h....then cena comes out and slowly claps as he walks to the back.

For me, the difference between him fighting a larger wrestler and him fighting Brock Lesnar is night and day. Lesnar's authenticity as an actual fighter plus being enormous is what does it. Brock Lesnar would shoot murder him dead. Most of the wrasslin moves Bryan would do to Brock would look like a kid play-fighting against their dad.

Mine doesn't like it, but will sit and watch it, and occasionally ask questions, or get interested in the documentaries.

Ha, same. She's not interested in the wrestling but the wrestling backstories and them as real people is more interesting.

That and helped her understand her first graders who talk about John Cena so much.

For me, the difference between him fighting a larger wrestler and him fighting Brock Lesnar is night and day. Lesnar's authenticity as an actual fighter plus being enormous is what does it. Brock Lesnar would shoot murder him dead. Most of the wrasslin moves Bryan would do to Brock would look like a kid play-fighting against their dad.

I dunno, it's make believe. They could sell it, I think, just by having Bryan look very skillful while Brock looks very powerful, and skill eventually tumbles him.

joelseph

My girl came around to it quick. She looks forward to RAW and PPVs as much as I do. She doesn't get into the Indy's at all but WWE has her hooked.

'Ms. Miller! Ms. Miller!'
'What's wrong, Johnny?'
'Mrs. FlammableD just hit Bobby with an RKO!'
'What?! Oh no!'
'I know! He should've never jumped off the desk at her, she was totally telegraphing it!'
Imagining this in my head is giving me a lot of pleasure.
I just wanna say that I don't like Paul Heyman's promos. He comes off as so tryhard erudite, and while it's obvious he has a much more extensive vocabulary than most of the people associated with the WWE, it seems just as obvious that the reason for this is some gross snobbish superiority complex he has. I listened to him interview on the Stone Cold podcast and he just came across as another sleazy snake oil guy. That's behind the scenes, obviously, but I don't find his delivery or his phrasings to be all that entertaining.

The IWC will turn on anyone, won't they.

RP912

Banned

He was once booked as the "Psycho Yuppie". This has been his gimmick for the longest even when he was just the boss of ECW. To each its own...I friggin love Paul Heyman.

True but you need to also see that bryan is a submission expect. He could wear bork down to the point he's at his knees for the constant bry kicks. Sure bryan is not built for brock but he will give him a MATCH compared to punk which no lie was one of my favorite matches of 2013...but yeah....

The IWC will turn on anyone, won't they.

I dunno how much I really qualify as a member of that, although that's probably denial, but I've only been watching for a few months and I saw Paul Heyman, remembered his name from the old days, and thought what I said about him then. I've never liked him. I'm just registering the fact I think he's a bit bogus, since everyone is so positive about him here.

RP912

Banned
Heyman made people believe that Mikey fucking Whipwreck was one of the best. If that's not greatness I don't know what is.

Dude is a genius but just a shitty businessman.

I dunno how much I really qualify as a member of that, although that's probably denial, but I've only been watching for a few months and I saw Paul Heyman, remembered his name from the old days, and thought what I said about him then. I've never liked him. I'm just registering the fact I think he's a bit bogus, since everyone is so positive about him here.

his promos are hit and miss. i think most people, including me, like Heyman cause he got a great mind for wrestling and knows how to book angles.

his promos are hit and miss. i think most people, including me, like Heyman cause he got a great mind for wrestling and knows how to book angles.

Yeah, all that might be true, I don't know much about his history except that he ran ECW and is a writer for the WWE nowadays. I'm only talking about his performances.

I'm kind of with you but I think Heyman's supposed to come off that way.

I don't think Hercules is gonna bomb, even if it performs like poo in the States, it will most likely recoup its money overseas. American box office doesn't mean as much as it used to.

jmdajr

She puts up with it just like my other geek hobbies which these days, I hardly have time for anyway.

Movies and Videogames require too much attention for me to enjoy without interruption. Wrestling doesn't need my full undivided attention.

jmdajr

I don't think Hercules is gonna bomb, even if it performs like poo in the States, it will most likely recoup its money overseas. American box office doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Budget low enough that it can be profitable I think. Easy movie to sell worldwide.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Heyman is a sleazy snake oil guy. That's how he ran ECW. That's just who he is. The only problem with his promos is that the start of them take too long.

Heyman is a sleazy snake oil guy. That's how he ran ECW. That's just who he is. The only problem with his promos is that the start of them take too long.

Yeah, I guess I'm just not into his routine. I feel like I've explained what I'm on about, don't wanna hog too much of the page, so I'll just say I feel like there's something misguided and not quite making the stretch in the way he delivers his sleazy snobby promos. It stills feels kinda carny, but where guys like D. Bry deliver these awkward, kinda stilted promos, it feels like that's cos it's an adjunct to what they do and it's actually more genuine. When I watched Heyman I dunno...it feels like he thinks he's stretching his vocabulary a lot farther than he actually and I generally am like 'ok man, wrap it up, yep, yep, okay sure, right hurry up, oh come on you fucking windbag'.

But yeah it's part of his angle, so I guess I just don't enjoy it.

His promos are also similar to Bray's in that the longer they stretch on the more groan inducing they becoming.

i don't even think length is the biggest issue with Bray's promos. they are all the same.

*insert face's name* the sheep/betrayal/true monster/follow me/savior/destroyer

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bray is the perfect character for them to go nuts with. have him talk about the heat death of the universe, that he has seen it and the elder gods infused him with cosmic power to save mankind. go crazy. go so crazy that the WHAT chants get replaced with mouths wide open at the insanity coming out of him.

i also want to see Daniel coming back as an avatar of god, carrying a cross Sanchez style. he has the perfect look for it. "YES! to no pre-marital intercourse".

method=get&s=diego-sanchez-gif.gif

go nuts, WWE, go nuts.

Bray is the perfect character for them to go nuts with. have him talk about the heat death of the universe, that he has seen it and the elder gods infused him with cosmic power to save mankind. go crazy. go so crazy that the WHAT chants get replaced with mouths wide open at the insanity coming out of him.

i also want to see Daniel coming back as an avatar of god, carrying a cross Sanchez style. he has the perfect look for it. "YES! to no pre-marital intercourse".

method=get&s=diego-sanchez-gif.gif

go nuts, WWE, go nuts.

ntXcohq.gif

now-you-wanna-get-nuts-o.gif

Top Bottom