• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

RP912

Banned
yBux58Y.png

Maybe a new YouTube show?

Sid rules the world so he might as well take a bite out of it.

jmdajr

This is not a joke: “Weird Al” has the number one album in the country.

The spoof-master’s 14th album, “Mandatory Fun,” has topped the charts this week by moving 104,000 copies, beating out singer-songwriter Jason Mraz’s, “Yes!” Morrissey’s “World Peace Is None of Your Business” and fun. guitarist Jack Antonoff’s side-project Bleachers.

“If you’d told me 30 years ago this would happen, I never would’ve believed it,” Yankovic tweeted early this morning. “If you’d told me 2 WEEKS ago, I never would’ve believed it

That's Cool

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is not a joke: “Weird Al” has the number one album in the country.

The spoof-master’s 14th album, “Mandatory Fun,” has topped the charts this week by moving 104,000 copies, beating out singer-songwriter Jason Mraz’s, “Yes!” Morrissey’s “World Peace Is None of Your Business” and fun. guitarist Jack Antonoff’s side-project Bleachers.

“If you’d told me 30 years ago this would happen, I never would’ve believed it,” Yankovic tweeted early this morning. “If you’d told me 2 WEEKS ago, I never would’ve believed it

That's Cool

Deal w it Spiders. Taste maker my ass.

now i wanna watch all of Father Ted again.

Do it.

So, Daniel Bryan. Final countdown...

They debut it at the Royal Rumble when he is the last entrant... so the crowd count down one final time... and then... IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN.

Also Kurt Angle return swerve goes like this:

Kurt Angle's original theme plays! But who is this coming out? The Patriot? What?

Kurt rips off the mask and a new theme plays (that is awesome but can't have 'you suck' chanted along with it) he then proceeds to stalk Steph McMahon for old times sake, all the while popping 'Tik Taks' that look suspiciously like pain killers. Tries to debut the new catch frame "Hall of Fame you kidding me?" Inserts 'hall of fame' into everything he says. Drops every remaining Mcmahon head first onto concrete.

And is just generally awesome.

Do it.

They debut it at the Royal Rumble when he is the last entrant... so the crowd count down one final time... and then... IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN.

Kurt Angle's original theme plays! But who is this coming out? The Patriot? What?

Kurt rips off the mask and a new theme plays (that is awesome but can't have 'you suck' chanted along with it) he then proceeds to stalk Steph McMahon for old times sake, all the while popping 'Tik Taks' that look suspiciously like pain killers. Tries to debut the new catch frame "Hall of Fame you kidding me?" Inserts 'hall of fame' into everything he says. Drops every remaining Mcmahon head first onto concrete.

And promptly dies right after WrestleMania.

Jason Mraz and Bleachers are garbage. Didn't even know Morrissey even put out an album. Hell, didn't know he regularly put out albums still.

Branson

Speaking of "female companions", how do your significant others react to wrestling, if at all?

My girl is indifferent to it. She doesn't watch it herself but I bet I could get her into it if I tried lol. She knew what a suplex was early on into the relationship but she got that from anime/videogames.

I got her into it actually. She's just as invested as me when it comes to seeing things how we all do with her being mad that they are pushing or burying this person or recognizing good matches. It's been nice we have been planning on going to a raw at some point.

jmdajr

Do it.

Never understand why HHH, Angel, Steph love triangle got dropped. I guess because Vince.

Vylash

Do it.

6602%20-%20judgment_day%20kurt_angle%20%20sharmell%20wwe.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, I meant to ask you guys since we talked about VKM the other day. What is the worst TNA angle of all time? Since they're gonna die soon. I was thinking VKM or Claire, but Claire at least made some kind of sense, sort of. VKM's name didn't make sense other than the fact that it abbreviated to VKM. They never did any kind of 'Voodoo', which made the inclusion of Roxxi all the more random. Their logo and music made NO sense for their gimmick. And the fact that they tried to make a gimmick based on it.

Like NWO took shots at WWE, but that wasn't their entire gimmick. Especially after the Hogan turn. Or there was more to their characters than VKM ever had.

Hasney

So, I meant to ask you guys since we talked about VKM the other day. What is the worst TNA angle of all time? Since they're gonna die soon. I was thinking VKM or Claire, but Claire at least made some kind of sense, sort of. VKM's name didn't make sense other than the fact that it abbreviated to VKM. They never did any kind of 'Voodoo', which made the inclusion of Roxxi all the more random. Their logo and music made NO sense for their gimmick. And the fact that they tried to make a gimmick based on it.

Like NWO took shots at WWE, but that wasn't their entire gimmick. Especially after the Hogan turn. Or there was more to their characters than VKM ever had.

S.E.X. That was their worst big angle anyway. They had worse general things, especially when they were a weekly PPV.

Going through that LOLTNA list a month back I don't know. Midgets jacking off into trash cans?

Dammit you got me reading the loltna wiki again:

• The Insane Clown Posse found themselves in a pretty awkward feud with Disco Inferno, Kid Kash, and David Young after coming to TNA. A highlight of the feud included the first and only Dark Carnival match which was a hardcore match with ICP music randomly interrupting the match concurrent with colorful lighting. Mike Tenay explained that these distractions were "part of the experience." According to Slam! Sports, ICP brought the largest paying crowds that TNA had seen at this point.

EVERYONE COME SEE THE GREATEST SHOW

Speaking of white supremacy (LOL), has that gimmick been done?

You see bits and pieces of it here and there. I remember Harley Race vs Ron Simmons and the HHH/Booker T thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dammit you got me reading the loltna wiki again:

• The Insane Clown Posse found themselves in a pretty awkward feud with Disco Inferno, Kid Kash, and David Young after coming to TNA. A highlight of the feud included the first and only Dark Carnival match which was a hardcore match with ICP music randomly interrupting the match concurrent with colorful lighting. Mike Tenay explained that these distractions were "part of the experience." According to Slam! Sports, ICP brought the largest paying crowds that TNA had seen at this point.

EVERYONE COME SEE THE GREATEST SHOW

ICP don't play when it comes to drawing crowds.

BookerTvsTripleH_crop_exact.jpg

• The Dupps, a hillbilly tag team originally from ECW, helped TNA break new ground when the company introduced an incest aspect to their gimmick – a valet billed as both their cousin and girlfriend, Fluff Dupp, accompanied the team to the ring.
  • A tag team called The Rainbow Express used a gay gimmick as heels (TNA targeted the South as its primary audience). Color commentator Don West made awkward homophobic remarks about the team while heel commentator Ed Ferrara sounded educated and tolerant in comparison. Oh, and the Rainbow Express debuted after the cousin-fucking Dupps, which the commentators didn't seem to care about all that much.
  • TNA had not one, but two terrible penis-related gimmicks:
    1. Richard and Rod, The Johnsons, were literally a pair of wrestling cocks managed by Mortimer Plumtree.
      200px-Penistwins.jpg
    2. The Hot Shots – future Raven follower Cassidy Riley and future Natural Chase Stevens in their first TNA appearances – wrestled with giant bulges in their pants (i.e. tubesocks jammed into their tights). They cut a promo that consisted of three brief lines ("We're pricks. We are proud. And we are protruding!") and grabbed their 'dicks' afterwards.
  • The first month of weekly PPVs featured a midget match on nearly every show. The short-lived midget division included Puppet, a psychotic dwarf who threatened to kill other midgets and once masturbated in a trash can before asking backstage interviewer Goldylocks if she wanted some of his "porridge"; Meatball, an obese midget; and Teo, an "extreme" midget who once tried to force his way onto one of the cagedancers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish there was more XPW Juventud promo work. It's like... He's Scott Steiner quality, man.

He's a much better version of Miz.

RP912

Banned

You see bits and pieces of it here and there. I remember Harley Race vs Ron Simmons and the HHH/Booker T thing.

luger/simmons had some undertones like luger suggesting simmons to be a chauffeur for him :/

There's a TNA for everything friend:

• During PPV #9, Don Harris wore a shirt that featured the Nazi SS symbol. The Jarretts apologized for this on the TNA website and put Harris on probation. Upon returning, he never wore the shirt again, though people could still make out his SS tattoos.

Not so much a "gimmick" as it was a wrestling company booking legit neo-Nazis for five years (WWF booked them too... so #yolo or whatever)

Watching some random Antonio Inoki matches for some reason. Shoot style pro wrestling matches are weird to me.

Someone post some good ones because I have no idea what I am doing.

Nobuhiko Takada vs Super Vader - UWFi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nctkr9locK4

Kazou Yamazaki vs Super Vader - UWFi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gUwOZkovOc

Nobuhiko Takada vs Kazou Yamazaki - UWFi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0xP_1-Y74

Nobuhiko Takada vs Akira Maeda - UWF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbOfF25bhXo

Masakatsu Funaki vs Yoji Anjo - UWF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZSABUJNAjA

Masakatsu Funaki vs Bob Backlund - UWF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNJZ_Hsjs3k

Volk Han vs Akira Maeda - RINGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3HTIu4G_k

Volk Han vs Mitsuya Nagai - RINGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5W5uhhUE9k

this last matche has submissions you probably never seen before. Volk Han at his best.

Strap yourselves in friends, the world is waking up from the superhero movie shit and moving on. Amazing Spider Man 3 delayed 2 years.

WWE should be jumping on that audience!

Cagey

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;122315815 said:
Strap yourselves in friends, the world is waking up from the superhero movie shit and moving on. Amazing Spider Man 3 delayed 2 years.

We can only hope that this is true.

Patryn

¡HarlequinPanic!;122315815 said:

Let's wait for the Avengers 2 to come out and then we can debate that point.

Top Bottom