• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

i2fJ80TfeD4yD.gif

KissVibes

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;122315815 said:
Strap yourselves in friends, the world is waking up from the superhero movie shit and moving on. Amazing Spider Man 3 delayed 2 years.

WWE should be jumping on that audience!

ASM3 being delayed is because Sony pictures is in fucking shambles and they have no idea what to do with Spider-Man. I'm sure Disney is waiting by the phone with a check.

I hate to say this but he can still wrassle better than trips. Trips ain't even funny to me anymore.

No he fucking can't.

Triple H was pulling out all stops at WM31. Cena was sleep walking through the same ol' shit.

Brian Cage, or the Swollverine as he's calling himself, is just ridiculous at this point.

No one book him in a death match, I fear that if he comes into contact with tacks or barbed wire he'll pop like a balloon.

He's one of those people with a huge body and a tiny head, where as Chris Masters suits his frame. How has Masters been since his release from WWE? Has he developed on the indie scene?

I feel like this could be a thing. Roman Reigns retroactively photoshopped into key moments in the WWE's history.

It's not MMA-GAF, but fuck it:

I would just like to point out that Chael Sonnen walked into an NSAC meeting about punishing him and ended up with a job

The man is a wizard

I had a little thought today and thought I'd put the question/scenario out there for all. I felt like 2002 was a huge year for wrestling retrospectively as it was sort of wrestling stepping out of the fallout from WCW and ECW closing. ROH and TNA opened, and the indie scene in general seemed to really benefit from an increased exposure as SMV and RF Video looked for new promotions to fill their DVD services.

My question is this:

How would the wrestling scene in North America look today if WCW/ECW hadn't closed down? Would the indies be as developed? Would WWE be as stale as it is?

My question is this:

How would the wrestling scene in North America look today if WCW/ECW hadn't closed down? Would the indies be as developed? Would WWE be as stale as it is?

The indies would have even less talent than they do now due to being picked up for one of the big 3, ECW would be where it was, and WWE/WCW would go back and forth as to who is number one.

WWE would not be stale. Competition breeds glorious things.

Sephzilla

I had a little thought today and thought I'd put the question/scenario out there for all. I felt like 2002 was a huge year for wrestling retrospectively as it was sort of wrestling stepping out of the fallout from WCW and ECW closing. ROH and TNA opened, and the indie scene in general seemed to really benefit from an increased exposure as SMV and RF Video looked for new promotions to fill their DVD services.

My question is this:

I think the indies would have developed but at a slower pace since WWE/WCW would scoop them up faster. And I think WWE wouldn't be as stale as it is today if WCW was still around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Russo says Kanyon didn't get more of a chance because he was too busy worrying about putting other people over and making them look good instead of being more selfish. Cough Sandow cough.

Sina can make it big in Hollywood, friends.

But he should stay in the ring. He still hasn't accomplished everything there is to accomplish.

Gotta cement that #LegacyLegacyEhEh

So that show that is running Kevin Steen vs Jerry Lawler also has The Hardy Boyz vs The Young Bucks on the same card. I want to see both of those, badly.

Jamie OD

Brian Cage, or the Swollverine as he's calling himself, is just ridiculous at this point.

No one book him in a death match, I fear that if he comes into contact with tacks or barbed wire he'll pop like a balloon.

Everytime I see one of his matches he doubles in size.

Holy smokes That's the same Cage that tag teamed with Shaun Ricker? Damn and Vince hasn't resigned him yet.

I was beginning to wonder if Brock becomes champ..what the fuck is Cena gonna do in the meantime? What sort of story lines can Cena be in that can go all the way to Wrestlemania 31????

With Bryan out, they need Cena for the house show circuit, which Brock isn't going to do. That makes it more likely that we'll get LOLCENAWINS at SummerSlam.

I don't think Cena's going anywhere, but I do think if Reigns becomes huge, Hollywood would probably be more likely to go after him than Cena.

They already have Jason Momoa. Reigns would only be a second rate Momoa clone.

Top Bottom