• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

DiscoJon

Banned
Ya'll are doing some real weird shift with the definition of 'clean'
Punk didn't cheat, Bryan didn't cheat, Rock didn't cheat. That's clean.

Cena was distracted by Vince and Johnny during the Punk match. Bryan won 'clean' but the next night Cena came out and was all "Oh, I was hurt this whole time guys. :::smirks::: BUT I MAKE NO EXCUSES! :::smirks::: "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro is already breaking kayfabe in OT again, and you're talking about MORE wrestling threads? Weren't you the one the mods told to cut that shit out?

It wasn't wrestling threads that were the issue, it was the tone of wrasslegaf was too dark, too shitty, and inhospitable

jmdajr

Cena was distracted by Vince and Johnny during the Punk match. Bryan won 'clean' but the next night Cena came out and was all "Oh, I was hurt this whole time guys. :::smirks::: BUT I MAKE NO EXCUSES! :::smirks::: "

The real question is. Of the two matches. Cena vs Punk, or Cena vs D.,Bry

which turned you on more?

BHZ Mayor

I guess to some people Wrestling has some sort of obvious Homosexual qualities, but I have never felt that way watching it. I never went . "Omg, this is so GAY!" I feel that anyone who thinks this at first sight must have severe homophobic issues. I mean the only character that made me think that outright was Goldust and he had to be super over the top with it to get the point across.

So am I the weird one for not thinking anything of it????????

Same here. Tbh, the thought never even crosses my mind. Do people say the same about boxing?

I don't buy into it either, but the idea is everyone has homosexual urges floating around in our unconscious, and a display like pro wrestling lets us satisfy the desires we don't know we have.

I'm a Freudian (well, more a Lacanian) in many ways, but I think the glaring problem with this is we aren't actually participating in the exhibition--we're just spectators. God I wish I could "work a match" with RKO.

Reminds me of the days I spent training in the ring. I trained with a woman though.

DiscoJon

Banned
The real question is. Of the two matches. Cena vs Punk, or Cena vs D.,Bry

which turned you on more?

r3xHndP.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I go looking for old 80s and 90s matches, there are a lot uploaded that are uploaded by people who fetishize wrestling. Like not apartment wrestling, but it's just general wrestling. I know one comment was a guy talking about how much Rick Rude looked liked he enjoyed giving some jobber a camel clutch. Jobber squashes seem exceptionally popular among that circle. Arn Anderson is another favorite. And you'll see matches with descriptions like, 'Big Hairy Muscle Man dominates small pale man' or some shit.

So that community definitely exists.

hqdefault.jpg

RP912

Banned
People power should have been much more man. I pictured Big Johnny as the final boss from streets of rage. Straight up a motherfucking boss....and then over the limit happened :(. I was hoping for sort of a "match" with big johnny and cena where big johnny brings out every mid carder ever to take out cena throughout the match. Also johnny going full dynamic dudes on cena's ass.

That era could have been more....

A friend of mine is working on a thesis about sublimations of latent male homosexuality, and she suggested that I accompany her to a WWE house show as part of her research (her argument is that things like WWE and the Ultimate allow for exhibitions of latent desires and other psychoanalytical bullshit). Now, she obviously does not know I am familiar with professional wrestling because why the fuck would I ever tell anyone that. Should I do this? If so, how I should act during the event?

Not only should you do what Bootaaay said, also show her this thread and our obsession with the male body.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People power should have been much more man. I pictured Big Johnny as the final boss from streets of rage. Straight up a motherfucking boss....and then over the limit happened :(. I was hoping for sort of a "match" with big johnny and cena where big johnny brings out every mid carder ever to take out cena throughout the match. Also johnny going full dynamic dudes on cena's ass.

That era could have been more....

Almost like Final Fight, except Johnny didn't have the shotgun with his wheelchair.

jmdajr

To me, clean means a win without cheating and not a direct result of outside distractions. Rock and Bryan were clean as a whistle.

Plus it's not like Cena was hurt by an attack by the Four Horsemen in the parking lot.

So what category do you put this in? It's a clean win against a guy not at 100% but at no fault of wrestling shenanigans.

DiscoJon

Banned

jmdajr

Not only should you do what Bootaaay said, also show her this thread and our obsession with the male body.

As a kid one of the main attraction to the Ultimate Warrior was his physique. Was I secretly holding homosexual tendencies?

I think it's more of a, you want to be them, not want them.

It's like the cool lead front man of a Rock band type thing. You know the chicks want AXL.
Or well... at least they used to.

I better stay away then. I would have a pretty big problem with that. Luckily here no one here will bash me for having these feels.

Yeah, bail out atm. Comic Con is the time when people don't fucking think.
That being said it's a very minor character spoiler reveal, nothing crazy. Unlike MGS-GAF

I better stay away then. I would have a pretty big problem with that. Luckily no one here will bash me for having these feels.
Already saw it, and I guess I was one of the people to complain. Not too big a spoiler but if someone wants to go in spoiler free I understand the anger.

DiscoJon

Banned
Was I wrong though? lmao. Dude had it right on the thread's title, come on.

Nah, you're not wrong. It got overblown to hell though way early, because I don't think the spoiler affects anything beyond the intro to the game.

That being said, I don't care too much about spoilers, but it really fucking bugs me in terms of Persona 4 where apparently you can never ever ever ever discuss the fact that
Naoto is the best

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah, you're not wrong. It got overblown to hell though way early, because I don't think the spoiler affects anything beyond the intro to the game.

That being said, I don't care too much about spoilers, but it really fucking bugs me in terms of Persona 4 where apparently you can never ever ever ever discuss the fact that
Naoto is the best

What's there to discuss? It's the truth.

Vylash

NXT matches for tonight

Special appearance by Batista (don't know if they'll actually show this)
The Ascension vs Jobbers
Tyler Breeze vs Mojo Rawley
Charlotte vs Summer Rae for the NXT Women's Championship
Sin Cara and Kalisto vs The Vaudevillains
Adrian Neville vs Rusev

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aw yiss, Ascension tonight and Charlotte. Neville/Rusev should be fun too. I wish the Vaudevillains didn't exist, though. Can't stand them wasting time. Stupid, stupid gimmick.

KissVibes

Banned
Vaudevillains is some shit Brandon Stroud or those ATTACK! Pro Wrestling asshole would come up with. Complete garbage. Even Chikara wouldn't have something so dumb and they had ants from outer space and time traveling masked cowboys as characters.

And Bizzaro Cesaro makes me uncomfortable to look at.

RP912

Banned
blehhh Vaudevillains hatred I won't allow. Dudes are the best thing to happen to nxt next to slim jims and pepper jack cheese.

Top Bottom