• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

kiguel182

I eat breakfast and I'm skinny.

It's all about the amount of calories you ingest vs the ones you spend when it comes to weight anyway. Just don't eat ton of crap and exercise a little.

On the subject of toys my girl brought home an "Elite" action figure last night from the grocery store. It's my first Elite. What is so elite about these things? They look identical to the regular figures and come with a cheap extra. Felt like I was playing with an overweight barbie doll when I was trying to figure out how to dress Bray with his elite Hawaiian rag of a shirt.
It's Mattel. They make absolutely awful toys.

dream

A friend of mine is working on a thesis about sublimations of latent male homosexuality, and she suggested that I accompany her to a WWE house show as part of her research (her argument is that things like WWE and the Ultimate allow for exhibitions of latent desires and other psychoanalytical bullshit). Now, she obviously does not know I am familiar with professional wrestling because why the fuck would I ever tell anyone that. Should I do this? If so, how I should act during the event?

jmdajr

I eat breakfast and I'm skinny.

It's all about the amount of calories you ingest vs the ones you spend when it comes to weight anyway. Just don't eat ton of crap and exercise a little.

That's by far the most reasonable way to get there. I feel that most folks that try to cut junk food cold turkey fail completely. You really ought to start by eating less of said junk food and begin incorporating some healthy things into the diet. Over time that will shift.

Big problem I see today is that what is considered healthy has gotten more and more extreme. Seems if you don't have your own garden and hunt for food you will die of cancer next week.

Intermittent fasting is the dumbest shit. Eat a big breakfast and a small dinner, workout right before bed so that your body keeps exercising itself while you sleep.

Also if you drink alcohol then be sure to limit it to hard alcohol straight up and only ever drink enough to get really drunk so that your heart and liver burn more calories to metabolize it.

Cagey

Banned
A friend of mine is working on a thesis about sublimations of latent male homosexuality, and she suggested that I accompany her to a WWE house show as part of her research (her argument is that things like WWE and the Ultimate allow for exhibitions of latent desires and other psychoanalytical bullshit). Now, she obviously does not know I am familiar with professional wrestling because why the fuck would I ever tell anyone that. Should I do this? If so, how I should act during the event?

Act like wrestling is real, and also act like her thesis isn't a total waste of time.

joelseph

Be honest and tell her you enjoy watching wrestling and that you would love to go. Let her have her fun and you can have yours. Then, while you are at the show, try and throw really subtle latent homosexual tendencies that she can pick up on without being suspicious of you throwing her research. Tent a boner and keep crossing your legs or something.

DiscoJon

Banned
It's Mattel. They make absolutely awful toys.

They made a Batman of Zur-En-Arrh figure. All your arguments are invalid, brah.
mattel-batman-planet-x-zur-en-arrh-action-figure.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, you should do this and make sure to report the finding to us. I'm wondering how much of this sports entertainment contributes to boners I get.

Go full bore smark, use all the lingo, bring many signs and explain every minutiae of this shit to her, all the while trying to get yourself over with chants and loudly criticising the idiot marks for cheering the likes of Cena and Reigns.

jmdajr

I guess to some people Wrestling has some sort of obvious Homosexual qualities, but I have never felt that way watching it. I never went . "Omg, this is so GAY!" I feel that anyone who thinks this at first sight must have severe homophobic issues. I mean the only character that made me think that outright was Goldust and he had to be super over the top with it to get the point across.

So am I the weird one for not thinking anything of it????????

kiguel182

If she is your friend maybe you could help her with your research by telling you like wrestling and maybe you could explain some things to her.

Or keep hiding the fact that you like it for some reason and just say you don't want to go because it's gross and a waste of time.

dream

Go full bore smark, use all the lingo, bring many signs and explain every minutiae of this shit to her, all the while trying to get yourself over with chants and loudly criticising the idiot marks for cheering the likes of Cena and Reigns.
See that's kind of the problem. All of this lingo that I so despise...I've pretty much internalized and normalized all of it when I'm in a pro wrestling environment. THATS HOW I TEND TO TALK.

Tickets are also one hundred and seven dollars. What happened to WWE being for the poors?

KissVibes

Banned
Triple H staring in Blade: Trinity gave me the moment where I realized I was also attracted to dudes in addition to women. Ryan Reynolds yo, dude is hot as fuck in that movie.

Aiii

So not worth it
I guess to some people Wrestling has some sort of obvious Homosexual qualities, but I have never felt that way watching it. I never went . "Omg, this is so GAY!" I feel that anyone who thinks this at first sight must have severe homophobic issues. I mean the only character that made me think that outright was Goldust and he had to be super over the top with it to get the point across.

If you're not gay or bi, obviously you're not going to think of anything sexual when watching wrestling.

But honestly, think of how you view women's wrestling. One only needs to look at the gif's we post here. Then think if you weren't interested in women, but men instead (even subconsciously). I can see how wrestling men would be erotic sure.

However, being a fan of wrestling has little to do with sexual orientation, so that research seems pretty doomed to me.

Cagey

Banned

At least one sign with random references from the past, like HHH FEARS KAIENTAI or I WAS ALEX WRIGHT'S DJ.

At least one PUSH (person internet likes) sign.

At least one #WRASSLEGAF sign, to rep your internet wrestling community.

EDIT: actually, just show up cosplaying Randy Orton.

Katelyn Osmond?

kiguel182

I can see why people thing wrestling as homosexual undertones, I totally get that.

But for me it has nothing sexual to it. I'm not attracted to men and my mind doesn't even go there when watching it.

dream

I don't buy into it either, but the idea is everyone has homosexual urges floating around in our unconscious, and a display like pro wrestling lets us satisfy the desires we don't know we have.

I'm a Freudian (well, more a Lacanian) in many ways, but I think the glaring problem with this is we aren't actually participating in the exhibition--we're just spectators. God I wish I could "work a match" with RKO.

Ya'll are doing some real weird shift with the definition of 'clean'
Punk didn't cheat, Bryan didn't cheat, Rock didn't cheat. That's clean.

jmdajr

If you're not gay or bi, obviously you're not going to think of anything sexual when watching wrestling.

But honestly, think of how you view women's wrestling. One only needs to look at the gif's we post here. Then think if you weren't interested in women, but men instead (even subconsciously). I can see how wrestling men would be erotic sure.

However, being a fan of wrestling has little to do with sexual orientation, so that research seems pretty doomed to me.

I'm curious to know how gay men feel about it. I'm not gonna lie the certain gals make me think things, but when they are really good at what they do, it transcends that.

kiguel182

I have a gay friend that doesn't like wrestling. Maybe I can convince him to watch it if I give him that argument.

A LOT of the roid days were homoerotic as hell, brahs.

The Model advertising his hair spray in a speedo and cape while casually shoving other cosmetic products away with his pinky up comes to mind~

And honestly I think its a great thing that it was presented and shown that way in the 80s and early 90s, times where faggot chants could still happen :\

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find lady wrestlers very attractive. I should think that much is obvious, but I never really notice it during the match. Like womens wrestlers matches aren't on my Bret Hart Boner scale, but their competency at what they do does make me more interested in them and find them more appealing. It makes them 'cooler', I guess.

But the gifs and photos are an after effect. I'm never really like, 'aw yeah Syuri's in a single leg crab'. Actually most of my time watching joshi matches is me wincing like an old man and saying, 'STOP STOP YOURE KILLING HER' because them girls are too stiff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to see a seriously discussed topic in OT about homoeroticism in wrasslin with more gay peoples' voices heard and how it is perceived.

dream

If you listen to NXT commentary during Adam Rose matches, I am about 90% convinced that they are saying he is gay.

KissVibes

Banned
Ya'll are doing some real weird shift with the definition of 'clean'
Punk didn't cheat, Bryan didn't cheat, Rock didn't cheat. That's clean.

• If it wasn't for Vince, Cena wouldn't have caught that GTS. Could also be argued that Cena beat himself here this time too since he got out of the ring.
  • I guarantee when they do the Bryan vs Cena rematch, it will be based around Bryan's self-doubt that he only won due to Cena's arm specifically.
  • Rock didn't beat Cena. In storyline, Cena beat himself mentally with the pressure of the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember we talked about a "clean" win and what it actually is here and there was a lot of deviation in what people felt was clean.

strobogo

Banned
I'm curious to know how gay men feel about it. I'm not gonna lie the certain gals make me think things, but when they are really good at what they do, it transcends that.

I know a gay dude who is super into wrasslin, but he watches for the women. I've never heard him express sexual desires towards any of the men. He just really likes Shine/Shimmer/Divas/Joshi and likes to see them actually get to wrestle and not do pudding matches and bikini contests.

jmdajr

I don't buy into it either, but the idea is everyone has homosexual urges floating around in our unconscious, and a display like pro wrestling lets us satisfy the desires we don't know we have.

I'm a Freudian (well, more a Lacanian) in many ways, but I think the glaring problem with this is we aren't actually participating in the exhibition--we're just spectators. God I wish I could "work a match" with RKO.

I just don't view it as sexual either. Even the good looking gals when they wrestle I'm not like "Omg that DDT Maryse did gave me a boner." Sure you have ribbers like Layla who like to grope the other divas, but the wrestling match itself doesn't make me think of it.
Now again there are all sorts of videos out on the web with women wrestling in questionable scenarios, but at least for me, just watching them fight doesn't get my mojo going.

Now if Cody and Randy were tag teaming some lady in a video who knows.

• If it wasn't for Vince, Cena wouldn't have caught that GTS. Could also be argued that Cena beat himself here this time too since he got out of the ring.
  • I guarantee when they do the Bryan vs Cena rematch, it will be based around Bryan's self-doubt that he only won due to Cena's arm specifically.
  • Rock didn't beat Cena. In storyline, Cena beat himself mentally with the pressure of the match.

That's Cena's own damn fault, Punk didn't do shit.
Bryan literally beat Cena clean as a sheet. The injury just adds drama, it didn't dilute the win.
That's Cena's own damn fault 2.0

I remember we talked about a "clean" win and what it actually is here and there was a lot of deviation in what people felt was clean.

IMO, unless the person who won broke the rules/cheated/had outside help, it's clean.

If you go then no spoilers pls, I'm seeing the same house show the next night and I don't want to know how my homosexual urges will be sated ahead of time.

Top Bottom