• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vaudevillains is also fucking stupid because you're pigeonholing both of them into heel roles that can't breathe or change in any way. It's stupid.

Cagey

Banned
Full Sail, Stroud and the Stroudians, etc. will love the Vaudevillains because it's yet another "you just don't get it" ironic-but-not-really act for people way up their own butthole to enjoy.

Basically, Vaudevillain fans smell their own farts.

Vaudevillains are awesome. What is going on here?

Edit:

God damn! We need to have some kind of Pro/Con Vaudevillain tags on our avatars. XD

BHZ Mayor

Plus it's not like Cena was hurt by an attack by the Four Horsemen in the parking lot.

So what category do you put this in? It's a clean win against a guy not at 100% but at no fault of wrestling shenanigans.

I personally wouldn't consider that clean, but I guess that would kinda put a wrench in my argument that Bryan was.

jmdajr

I saw Transformers last night in IMAX 3D. I had a good time, enjoyed the eye candy, villain was cool, and no Shia actually made me like it more. I don't hate him, but I just think it's fresher without him now.

I think I liked it about the same as part 3, but still not as much as 1, and I still don't know what Bay was thinking about part2. I'm glad he has not gone back to that style.

I know people hate these movies with a passion so I almost have to categorize this as guilty pleasure. And I don't feel guilty really, but it's at that level.

EDIT: supposedly you have to be demented to like Pain n Gain, but I liked that too :\

I saw Transformers last night in IMAX. I had a good time, enjoyed the eye candy, villain was cool, and no Shia actually made me like it more. I don't hate him, but I just think it's fresher without him now.

I think I liked it about the same as part 3, but still not as much as 1, and I still don't know what Bay was thinking about part2. I'm glad he has not gone back to that style.

I know people hate these movies with a passion so I almost have to categorize this as guilty pleasure. And I don't feel guilty really, but it's at that level.
I enjoyed the first movie. Glad you enjoyed whatever number this one was!

Disco Inferno is fun.
Vaudevillians is some shit someone thought up in 5 seconds and made no effort towards. It screams hipster wrestling writer shit.

I agree (except for the Disco stuff, what a hack), they're just a second rate Matt Classic.

My biggest issue is that they don't wrestle old-timey - one of them does a swanton, ffs. They should be doing cravates, bear-hugs, double-axehandles off the bottom rope, etc.

Wrestling is...mean :(

I saw Transformers last night in IMAX. I had a good time, enjoyed the eye candy, villain was cool, and no Shia actually made me like it more. I don't hate him, but I just think it's fresher without him now.

I honestly enjoy the Transformers movies. I liked 1 a lot, hated 2, was cool with 3 (though you can just skip to the Chicago parts), and 4 was alright. Too long, though.

And they're always a visual feast for the eyes so that's always a bonus for me. Say what you will about Bay, but he loves trying new tech out.

XenoRaven

I like the Vaudevillains on NXT. They'll have to be outfitted with a different gimmick if/when they get called up though.

I think it's OK to give someone a wacky gimmick in developmental. They can get into a silly character, have fun, and still get some experience in terms of developing a character, cutting promos, telling a story in the ring, becoming familiar with camera placement, spot timing, etc. Then once they hit the main roster they're doing something completely different. Kind of like Brodus Clay only you would ideally want a less stupid gimmick and more actual wrestling ability.

jmdajr

I honestly enjoy the Transformers movies. I liked 1 a lot, hated 2, was cool with 3 (though you can just skip to the Chicago parts), and 4 was alright. Too long, though.

And they're always a visual feast for the eyes so that's always a bonus for me. Say what you will about Bay, but he loves trying new tech out.

The stuff shot in IMAX 3D cameras was phenomenal. If Bay can't make you look good, you're pretty much fucked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Matt Classic did his homework, and I agree with Boots, if you're gonna get the LOOK so old, do old shit.

First I thought they did because they bored the piss out of me but Matt Classic did it right, goddammit.

Wrestling is...mean :(

*cheesy thumbs up*
Wrestling Is Fun: CHIKARA but with 1/4th the crowd!

The stuff shot in IMAX 3D cameras was phenomenal. If Bay can't make you look good, you're pretty much fucked.

Pretty much. I think James Cameron asked him to start using that stuff because the Avatar sequels are going to take so long, he didn't want the medium to die.

But yeah, Transformers movies are visual feasts with bad writing after the first one.

jmdajr

Pretty much. I think James Cameron asked him to start using that stuff because the Avatar sequels are going to take so long, he didn't want the medium to die.

But yeah, Transformers movies are visual feasts with bad writing after the first one.

I appreciate them at least trying to keep some sort of continuity despite the faults.

I wasn't THAT hyped about a 4th one but then I saw a pic of Prime on a Dino-T-Rex.
What was I supposed to do. Not go?

I appreciate them at least trying to keep some sort of continuity despite the faults.

I wasn't THAT hyped about a 4th one but then I saw a pic of Prime on a Dino-T-Rex.
What was I supposed to do. Not go?

I kind of like the growing audacity they have in terms of just slotting shit in to try and fit with it. It works in a goofy Fast & Furious continuity kind of way.

Also Kelsey Grammer is awesome as a complete dickhead in AoE...and yeah Prime riding Grimlock pretty much guaranteed everybody would go

jmdajr

I kind of like the growing audacity they have in terms of just slotting shit in to try and fit with it. It works in a goofy Fast & Furious continuity kind of way.

Also Kelsey Grammer is awesome as a complete dickhead in AoE

That really surprised me. He was amazing. Just perfect.

DiscoJon

Banned
Chikara gave me a marching band themed wrestler, so I'm cool with them.
tumblr_lyl17uUOk31rotyo6o1_500.png

jmdajr

Guys. Imagine Micheal Bay doing a movie with Roman Reigns?

Could you handle how super ridiculously good looking he would.....look?

Thank for all the kind words. I'm really excited about the job.

I'm pumped to start. I took the drug test today. I'm kind in holding. So, a few questions if you guy have any experience with this thing -- Is there anything I should be doing or just wait for the final-final call? The manager already verbally offered the job over the phone and I accepted. How long to this process take? A few days? Should I double-check the test result made it to the employer tomorrow or just let it go and wait to hear from them?

Congrats man I'm in the same exact situation. I hope I get the job.

Fingers crossed for you Liquid. :)

9/12/2006
* Internally, several WWE people believe that Batista‘s “star” is starting to fade. It has been said that Batista hasn’t been himself since his return to Smackdown. He is slower on his feet, not to mention more tentative and less confident. The reason Mr. Kennedy got the U.S. Title from Finlay is because they were worried that Batista was losing steam.

WWE felt as though that Finlay is best used to help get someone over, and now he will feud with Batista in an attempt to help get him back on track to carry the brand. Right now, the company stance is that Batista’s fade just proves how great Triple H is, because he got Batista over.

Haha. You wonder why the internet hated Triple H for the longest time?

9/26/2006
* There has been some talk of putting Elix Skipper, Monty Brown and Ron Killings together as a faction called BET. This is Terry Taylor‘s idea, not Vince Russo‘s.

9/30/2006
* Batista is said to be “miserable” being on Smackdown and he really wants to be brought back to Raw. It doesn’t seem likely that WWE will grant Batista his wish as Smackdown is lacking headline talent as it is and Smackdown can’t afford to be dealt yet another blow, especially considering that Rey Mysterio will be taking several months off to heal some injuries after No Mercy.

He got considerably bigger.
Thank for all the kind words. I'm really excited about the job.

I'm pumped to start. I took the drug test today. I'm kind in holding. So, a few questions if you guy have any experience with this thing -- Is there anything I should be doing or just wait for the final-final call? The manager already verbally offered the job over the phone and I accepted. How long to this process take? A few days? Should I double-check the test result made it to the employer tomorrow or just let it go and wait to hear from them?

Fingers crossed for you Liquid. :)
Congrats man!

Three wrestlers so far have confirmed they've been invited to auditions for TNA's British Bootcamp 2;

mULJwns.jpg

. 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews - current PROGRESS Tag Team Champion, former PROGRESS Champion
. 'The F'n Guvnor' Martin Stone - current RPW British Tag Champion, final FWA Heavyweight Champion, former NXT jobber
. 'The Bollywood Dream' RJ Singh - current FPW Champion, former RPW British Tag Champion

Good opportunity for the lads, Andrews would be a perfect fit for the X-Division, as much as I'd loathe not being able to see him wrestle for PROGRESS.

RP912

Banned
Wasn't there a hercules movie that came out already this year?

I'm losing track on all of these mythology movies that came out.

Vylash

Three wrestlers so far have confirmed they've been invited to auditions for TNA's British Bootcamp 2;

mULJwns.jpg

. 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews - current PROGRESS Tag Team Champion, former PROGRESS Champion
. 'The F'n Guvnor' Martin Stone - current RPW British Tag Champion, final FWA Heavyweight Champion, former NXT jobber
. 'The Bollywood Dream' RJ Singh - current FPW Champion, former RPW British Tag Champion

Good opportunity for the lads, Andrews would be a perfect fit for the X-Division, as much as I'd loathe not being able to see him wrestle for PROGRESS.
Holy fuck those nicknames

Top Bottom