• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Best response to the Comic Con photo:

SehrLZU.png

Word on the street from Comic Con is Bryan said he's not very optimistic about his return. Will wait to hear what Meltzer says obvs.

...They're laying this on really thick, without providing any actual news. They would've known by now, I think.

Hell, they would've known at Payback. I sense a trap

BHZ Mayor

Holy shit, I just started that one hundred push ups routine someone mentioned a couple pages back. I'm 6'1" 215 lbs and can do 35-40 pushups in one go so it told me to start on week 3.

First 4 sets of 14, 18, 14, 14 (with 60s in between) went fine, fourth set was a little sketchy. Set 5 is the last one, I was supposed to do my max, at least 20. My arms just died at about 13, god damn. Rested 5 minutes and tried again and only got to 12. My arms feel... interesting now.

I remember the first time I tried this about a year and half ago. I could do about 15 pushups at best (I was never that athletic and I severely let myself go after my college years). I ended up throwing up. I'm thinking about giving it another shot since I'm in the 30-40 range now.

Edit: Those #WWETransformed pics have some really good avatar potential.

jmdajr

...They're laying this on really thick, without providing any actual news. They would've known by now, I think.

Hell, they would've known at Payback. I sense a trap

Hopefully it's a work so D.Bry can have the greatest Rumble entrance of all time.

Right now Cena is still King. For real I was LEGIT SHOOK on that one.

tm24

Not the same.

Yes, void all those checks and free Rey so he can go work Mexican promotions and indies. He can REALLY show off how badly his body has been beaten down over the years. Great idea Rey.

AAA will overpay Rey to have super easy matches that will require him just to do one hurricarana. And to be a face of their show on El Rey.

Hopefully it's a work so D.Bry can have the greatest Rumble entrance of all time.

Right now Cena is still King. For real I was LEGIT SHOOK on that one.

That's the kind of thing I mean. For a publicly traded company, WWE can totally fuck with people regarding talent. It doesn't benefit them to be honest.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Bryan was either ready to go for Summerslam or will be right after, and they didn't want to jeopardize him with Brock right out of the gate (since I think they want that as their Mania 31 main). Hence, Cena.

So yeah, they could easily be holding him off if it's for the sake of Mania. Or their doctors are terrible?

If I mail you my Chikara collection would you sign it?

I'll gladly give it to my friends to sign.

And then sell it on eBay. Or burn it. I'm having the same dilemma with my CHIKARA track jacket.

jmdajr

That's the kind of thing I mean. For a publicly traded company, WWE can totally fuck with people regarding talent. It doesn't benefit them to be honest.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Bryan was either ready to go for Summerslam or will be right after, and they didn't want to jeopardize him with Brock right out of the gate (since I think they want that as their Mania 31 main). Hence, Cena.

So yeah, they could easily be holding him off if it's for the sake of Mania. Or their doctors are terrible?

Do we have a picture of Daniels Bryans arms????? isn't that the give away?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
But Booker T man!

Hah! Maybe I'm nostalgic, but I'd like to see Goldust go out in top form. He's already doing great work in the ring, so now I'd like to see vintage Goldust return with feuds similar to what he had with Piper. I could see Goldust and Ambrose giving a 2.0 version of that feud.

Gonzalez

Banned
Word on the street from Comic Con is Bryan said he's not very optimistic about his return. Will wait to hear what Meltzer says obvs.
Have you guys seen Tenzan during this years G1? Notice how his right arm just dangles, and he barely lifts anything up with it? That's why Bryan shouldn't continue.

Or you just...you know, don't fuck around with neck and shoulder injuries. Anything can aggravate them, and keep you out longer. Just a month ago an MLB player who was scheduled to be back next week? Out for the season. Aggravated his shoulder injury turning over in bed.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this buuut, this may be Ziggler saying he has one year left on his contract: https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/492390595084959746

Not related to hockey, but he said something similar a few months ago (albeit not counting down exact days). It was during the period where he'd tweet during Raws and make fun of the products, and IIRC somebody asked him if he felt like he should tone his tweets back a bit and he replied to the effect of "what do i care, i'm gone in a year"

Or you just...you know, don't fuck around with neck and shoulder injuries. Anything can aggravate them, and keep you out longer. Just a month ago an MLB player who was scheduled to be back next week? Out for the season. Aggravated his shoulder injury turning over in bed.

Difference between the two? MLB player had a timetable. They've -never- given one for Bryan at all. They would have one by now.

KissVibes

Banned

I'm starting to believe it's bullshit.

That he's hurt but not as bad as he or WWE is saying and this is all to keep him off the tracks so ROMAN REIGNS can shoot on through.

Not related to hockey, but he said something similar a few months ago (albeit not counting down exact days). It was during the period where he'd tweet during Raws and make fun of the products, and IIRC somebody asked him if he felt like he should tone his tweets back a bit and he replied to the effect of "what do i care, i'm gone in a year"

Are you thinking of this: https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/428719585190105088

Happened like right after we heard Punk walked.

I'm starting to believe it's bullshit.

That he's hurt but not as bad as he or WWE is saying and this is all to keep him off the tracks so ROMAN REIGNS can shoot on through.

I believe it, only because I remember Bryan saying that he was constantly sick as a kid and if it weren't for modern medicine he wouldn't be alive. This is obviously not the same thing, but I assume his genes just fucking suck in general.

Here's a picture of Bryan yessing, for what it's worth:

925567_1469163196674486_1441990806_n.jpg

Also I searched Twitter and I couldn't find anything about that. Where did you find that, Titus?

Aiii

So not worth it
I do not share your optimism guys. Bryan coming back this year is highly unlikely IMO.

Remember this is the company that couldn't even hold off three weeks to play out an angle where Punk "quit"

And it's not like they can miss one of their top guys for half a year just for the benefit of an angle.

Sorry guys, not buying what you are selling.

jmdajr

I believe it, only because I remember Bryan saying that he was constantly sick as a kid and if it weren't for modern medicine he wouldn't be alive. This is obviously not the same thing, but I assume his genes just fucking suck in general.

My long lost relative. I am also genetic garbage.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-transformed-superstar-transformations

Kane's masks and outfits have been the stuff of legend, so why mess with a good thing? Building off his classic and arguably most popular design, we took The Devil's Favorite Demon another step deeper into the nine circles of hell. One glance at this monster making his way to the ring is bound to give any opponent a night terror disorder.

Is it wrong I really dig the one on the left? It would be so much better

somedevil

The whole thing is just weird because by now they should have a plan on what to get him back but there is nothing. Its just rumor and speculation. All we know is he had his whole neck and should region checked.

If they wanted him back sooner if he needed more surgery wouldn't they plan it out by now but instead its been the best kept secret is what is going happen next.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do not share your optimism guys. Bryan coming back this year is highly unlikely IMO.

Remember this is the company that couldn't even hold off three weeks to play out an angle where Punk "quit"

And it's not like they can miss one of their top guys for half a year just for the benefit of an angle.

Sorry guys, not buying what you are selling.

Wrestling is so much more fun away from this thread. So much negativity. I'm out.

Top Bottom