• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

kiguel182

Bryan can walk on water and people will tell him he can't swim.

lawler.jpg

WWE will probably ignore this though and that's sort of unfortunate but ehh.

You are right about that, it's a shame but I guess it's part of him too.

I hope they don't. But the cool thing is he probably doesn't care about that.

Also, that bracelet story. Fuck.

Vylash

TSVCIir.png

jesus christ, this was him in nxt

KASSIUS_OHNO_NXT_06142012ej_0664b_wk_crop_exact.jpg

kiguel182

If you're into Redditors who can't cut promos as champion, sure.

He was brilliant as a heel champion, though.

Yes. Because he is the one writing those promos.

He was brilliant as a heel champion and he can deliver on the mic. Material wasn't the best and he did his best.

Still, he is far from a Redditor. Unless guys on reddit are knows for being some of the best wrestlers in the world.

But sure, hate on.

I'm sure Chris Hero at this point is just trying to prove a point. They told him he was too fat for NXT, so now he's like, "No, let me show you what fat is." His weight has always fluctuated and he knows how to control it. Before NXT, he went through stretches where he's get chubby then lean and back and forth.

Bryan and Brie just legit signed up for some neighborhood email newsletter? Some Stepford Wives shit right there, DON'T DO IT BRYAN!

Naw, all the neighbors gathering around them after the robbery was nice.

Fuck and he's willing to empathize with the robber? wow what an inspiration.

Vylash

How can people not like Bryan? Guy is awesome.

I love me some Bryan in the ring, but he's bad on the mic and i'm still pissed about that Bo-ner stuff because i know exactly what kind of a babyface someone who says shit like that will turn into, do not want

RP912

Banned
Bryan is one of those wrestlers that so desperately need a damn manager. He has the moves but so god help you don't let him use the microphone. Heel bryan was actually tolerable promo wise though.

The problem isn't so much his ability with promos, it's the smiley good guy persona and the sort of promos that come with said persona. He's limited on the mic, sure, but you can still play to his strengths. More aggression, for one thing. Less starry eyed wonder as the crowd chants YES for the billionth time.

Ithil

Funny how every main event face in WWE tends to suddenly have bad promos when they get near the top. Maybe it's the awful "top face" template and writers at work, not the performers.

Well, bad thing is that Bryan needs another surgery. He got a call from the doctor yesterday.

Blah blah blah bad promo. Guy got over doing them, deal with it.

Well, bad thing is that Bryan needs another surgery. He got a call from the doctor yesterday.

Blah blah blah bad promo. Guy got over, deal with it.

That really sucks. I have a feeling he may never be back. If he is his style will gave to change dramatically. But this just seems like another Edge all over again.

somedevil

Blah blah blah bad promo. Guy got over, deal with it.

Where did you hear that?

Also, Bryan is fine on promos because if he wasn't he wouldn't have gotten to where he is today because the WWE considers that an important value. All those fans cheering him must of been doing that because he was such an awful promo.

Where did you hear that?

Also, Bryan is fine on promos because if he wasn't he wouldn't have gotten to where he is today because the WWE considers that an important value. All those fans cheering him must of been doing that because he was such an awful promo.

yeah there's this thing he does, where he enters the arena and this bell rings and he goes to work. but no i don't like the way he talks so i dismiss everything good about him.

Sounds like this surgery will be in his arm, not the neck.

Well I can only hope it corrects the issue. He will still have to change his style. Less diving headbutts, rag doll selling, and missle drop kicks, more mat wrestling and strikes. He is damn good in the ring and should be able to adapt.

kiguel182

he's not. Bryan is complete shit on the mic. he was addressing his injuries and on the verge of corpsing.

I'm serious.

So, answering seriously, the guy was facing a possible career threatening injury that would make him lose the title he had worked so much for, after is father had passed just a couple weeks prior and he didn't give this news in the more entertaining way possible?

Of course he was corpsing. The guy was probably at a loss of words and incredibly sad. He wasn't acting.

I mean, it's one thing to hate is face promos and we can argue that (I still think his heels promos were awesome) but that moment right there? He wasn't cutting a promo he was just sad.

I love me some Bryan in the ring, but he's bad on the mic and i'm still pissed about that Bo-ner stuff because i know exactly what kind of a babyface someone who says shit like that will turn into, do not want

He probably was fed that line. Is the kind of lines Cena has been fed for 10 years. It's how WWE ruins things.

I also don't like his happy-go-lucky persona on the ring. Doesn't mean he can't deliver a promo.

He can be precise and on point and deliver the info needed with expression. He isn't an Austin or a CM Punk but he isn't bad. He is average at worst and great at his best heel persona.

He was a "nerd", a cocky heel, he did comedy sketches, he was a fearce underdog and a loveable face.

For a guy who is "only good in the ring" he sure made a ton of thing work and did tons of different character moves.

But sure, guy can't do anything more than wrestling and saying Yes. I'm not even touching on what he did at ROH because I'm not super familiar with it. Just WWE stuff.

dude will never be a heel again

He's not Cena.

Also, he partly got himself over as a face by adding a bunch of highspots to his repertoire and then using them in every match. If he does end up having to scale back the risks he takes in the ring, it might be difficult to capture that same explosiveness that has marked his in-ring style as a face.

Top Bottom