• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Funny how every main event face in WWE tends to suddenly have bad promos when they get near the top. Maybe it's the awful "top face" template and writers at work, not the performers.

Nah, GAF just hates when you get popular or turn face. Plus 99% of wrestlers are better as a face. Other than YES i didn't find is heel run all that entertaining.

Kaladin

Never quite noticed how small Adrian Neville is till now.

10551617_696722867043947_5936918081007656762_o.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I think he's about the same height as Bryan, but stupidly jacked for that size. Bordering on how ridiculous Dynamite got.

If Bryan goes heel, I will consider that a clear indication that the WWE doesn't have confidence in him as a top guy

No way. Stopping a real life thief and keeping him down until police could get there would get him a massive push in any other era.

Kaladin

I think he's about the same height as Bryan, but stupidly jacked for that size. Bordering on how ridiculous Dynamite got.

You talking about Neville? If so then I agree....and I think it's him being as jacked as he is that makes him look bigger than he really is .

somedevil

More on the Daniel Bryan surgery:

Bryan said WWE doctors called him yesterday and said he needs to have another surgery because he isn't healing very well. Bryan said doctors went in and removed bone spurs from his spinal cord but now the nerve from his neck has suffered a "double crush." Doctors want to perform another surgery to correct this. Bryan said he has about half the strength in his right arm than in his left arm. He doesn't think the incident with the burglar caused any further damage.

Wow the funny thing is what he has is rare and some don't believe this exists.

Kaladin

More on the Daniel Bryan surgery:

Wow the funny thing is what he has is rare and some don't believe this exists.

Damn.

It's getting to the point where I'm kinda feeling sorry for the guy. The more setbacks he has, the further it looks like he is from the ring.

All those years working his ass off for small crowds in the indies and he gets to the launching pad of his career in WWE and it all falls apart.

strobogo

Banned
You talking about Neville? If so then I agree....and I think it's him being as jacked as he is that makes him look bigger than he really is .

Neville is one of the few guys on the roster whose claim to being natural I have doubts about. I think it is no surprise that he went to Japan, worked for a guy who names his moves after steroids, and suddenly put on a ton of muscle in a pretty short period of time. The only other guy I have doubts about is Cena, because I find it hard to believe the guy could keep his body looking exactly the same for 6-7 years while maintaining that schedule.

Damn.

It's getting to the point where I'm kinda feeling sorry for the guy. The more setbacks he has, the further it looks like he is from the ring.

All those years working his ass off for small crowds in the indies and he gets to the launching pad of his career in WWE and it all falls apart.
Happened to Austin multiple times in worse ways, and he was fine.

If the elbow surgery fixes the problem he'll be back very soon, six weeks maybe. The ulnar nerve at the elbow is right near the surface. It's the nerve that causes the "funny bone" effect.

Kaladin

Neville is one of the few guys on the roster whose claim to being natural I have doubts about. I think it is no surprise that he went to Japan, worked for a guy who names his moves after steroids, and suddenly put on a ton of muscle in a pretty short period of time. The only other guy I have doubts about is Cena, because I find it hard to believe the guy could keep his body looking exactly the same for 6-7 years while maintaining that schedule.

Neville has got even more jacked since being in WWE too. If you look at early pictures of him, you can really see the difference.

Even if you look at pictures of him from his last indie run before WWE, you can see less definition in his muscles.

Nah, GAF just hates when you get popular or turn face. Plus 99% of wrestlers are better as a face. Other than YES i didn't find is heel run all that entertaining.

This is the opposite of the truth. Listen to any wrestler talk about it, and they all prefer working as a heel because there's more freedom and leeway. I can hardly think of anyone who's better as a face.

That said, you can still be a face and not be boring and plain (Ambrose), but Bryan can't. He has no intensity as a face. He can't make it through a promo without giggling.

Rey.

I really wouldn't want to see Rey as a heel.

I'm fine with just not seeing Rey.

I would say Dusty for sure.

Dolph
Santino
Dean
Swaggy
Titus

Dolph? No way. Dean, yes. I feel like the other ones just have bad heel gimmicks more than anything. I always wanted Santino to get a break out push as a heel shooter style, like his pre-Santino gimmicks. Swagger and Titus are only better as faces because the entirety of their heel gimmick was looking mean.

strobogo

Banned
Rey.

I really wouldn't want to see Rey as a heel.

God was it terrible. He immediately had X-Pac Heat with me. I can't imagine how a company can have Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Juvi, and Kidman all in the same group and make you never want to see them.

So what's the best way for WWE to debut Kenta? And for that matter Devitt (since he apparently just signed but they aren't making a huge deal about it yet)?

Should they both go right to the main roster after training at the performance center for say 6-8 weeks. Or will they waste their first time in wwe debuts in Nxt? I have to admit I'm very interested to see how they use both guys, given their ability and the love they get amongst the ole IWC.

So what's the best way for WWE to debut Kenta? And for that matter Devitt (since he apparently just signed but they aren't making a huge deal about it yet)?

Should they both go right to the main roster after training at the performance center for say 6-8 weeks. Or will they waste their first time in wwe debuts in Nxt? I have to admit I'm very interested to see how they use both guys, given their ability and the love they get amongst the ole IWC.

If they've learned anything from Sin Cara, they won't rush anything.

No one cares about NXT when it comes to canon or debuts. How much do people remember of the Wyatts there? Their Raw debut was still great.

somedevil

So Bryan has double crush in his neck so that means he needs another neck surgery then right? If that's true Royal rumble isn't looking good.

somedevil

Okay, much better because another neck surgery would of been bad.

KENTA will be there longer because he needs to learn more English and be less stiff so he doesn't burst another ear drum. Plus WWE got a tv deal in Japan with the idea he will be a major part of that show.

Devitt will be there shorter because he is more main roster ready and just needs sometime to adjust probably to how the cameras work. Also, I bet in his contract he has a clause so he be called up faster than most others.

Top Bottom