• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

SoulPlaya

more money than God
BtcRiJlCUAES_hH.png

im ded
"WWE attempted to catch up with Roman for comments, but he was too busy having sex with thirty women, including both burglars' widows."

Holy shit. LOL!

I don't know what's worse - being a big guy like Steen and having more body for Mastiff to hit, or being a scrawny guy and just getting fucking crushed by him.

Awesome, the Samoa Joe vs Rampage Brown match at PROGRESS tomorrow will now be included on the DVD! Previously it was going to be for the live-crowd only due to Joe's TNA contract, so I'm not sure what's changed, but I'm real glad for PROGRESS as the match is a definite show seller and will help them get some more international exposure.

Incidentally, I'm pretty damn hyped to be seeing that match tomorrow, going to be an awesome show.

Carnby

WWE is getting sued for lying about lying about the value of their TV deal. lol.

The Law Office of Robbins Arroyo LLP Announces that It Has Filed a Class Action Lawsuit Against World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

SAN DIEGO & WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind., July 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights law firm Robbins Arroyo LLP announces that it has filed a federal securities class action lawsuit on July 25, 2014, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut (the "Court"), on behalf of all persons who purchased or otherwise acquired World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ("WWE" or the "Company") WWE -1.82% securities between October 31, 2013 and May 16, 2014, inclusive (the "Class Period"), against the Company and certain of its officers and directors for, among other things, violations of section 10(b) of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act") and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder. The complaint seeks relief on behalf of the named plaintiffs and all other similarly situated shareholders of WWE during the Class Period. The named plaintiffs are represented by Robbins Arroyo LLP.

WWE Is Accused of Making False and Misleading Statements Concerning the Company's Ability to Double the Value of Its U.S. Television License Agreement

The complaint arises out of false and misleading statements regarding the ability of the Company to transform its earning profile through, among other things, the negotiation of a lucrative long-term television deal. The complaint alleges that, during the Class Period, certain of WWE's officers issued materially false and misleading statements regarding the Company's ability to command a premium fee in upcoming negotiations to renew its television license agreement. Specifically, defendants caused WWE to issue false and misleading statements in public filings, press releases, and conference calls where they publicized their ability to renew their television license agreement at double the value in upcoming negotiations. These statements downplayed the fact that advertisers pay less to reach WWE viewers than traditional sports or other shows on the USA Network and the negative impact on the television license negotiations resulting from the Company's launch of its WWE Network.

WWE's Stock Price Drops on News of the New Television License Agreement Value

On May 15, 2014, after the market closed, the Company issued a press release that it had reached a multi-year deal with NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment increasing the value of the U.S. television license agreement by $57 million, or 50%. Upon this announcement, on May 16, 2014, WWE stock dropped over 43%, from $19.93 to close at $11.27. The omitted and/or misrepresented information is believed to be material to potential WWE shareholders' ability to make an informed decision whether to purchase WWE stock.

If you purchased or otherwise acquired WWE stock during the Class Period and wish to serve as lead plaintiff, you must move the Court no later than sixty days from July 25, 2014. If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact attorney Darnell R. Donahue of Robbins Arroyo LLP at 800-350-6003, via the shareholder information form on our website, or by e-mail at info@robbinsarroyo.com . Any member of the Class may move the Court to serve as lead plaintiff through counsel of their choice, or may choose to do nothing and remain an absent Class member.

Struggling to finish Colt Cabana's latest podcast with JR. Really dull so far and Ross just sounds out of touch. I read about fans wanting him to do New Japan English commentary and I now think it would be a horrible idea.

Mike Tenay doing commentary would get me to watch Japanese wrestling.

Hasney

Right, so just sitting down to try this G1 shizz. Is there anything I should know going in, like angles or anything? I roughly know about Bullet Club from this thread, anything else like these CHAOS dudes?

Gonzalez

Banned
Right, so just sitting down to try this G1 shizz. Is there anything I should know going in, like angles or anything? I roughly know about Bullet Club from this thread, anything else like these CHAOS dudes?
Not really... CHAOS was supposed to a heel stable that replaced a previous established heel stable, but they kind of forgot about that. So now it's just there to setup teams for mid tour shows. That happens a lot in New Japan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You just need to know that if Shibata doesn't win, it's Tanahashi Cena-ing him.

CHAOS started out as heels, but are more the cool bad guy types who don't really do anything heelish these days - then there's Suzuki-gun, Minoru Suzuki's stable, and Bullet Club who are more your typical heels.

As for angles, there's not a lot to know, other than AJ beat Okada for the belt and there's a rivalry brewing between the two, Tanahashi and Shibata hate each other a whole lot and Honma is awesome but is a super underdog in the tournament. Nakamura and Tanahashi have a very long-standing rivalry, while guys like Tenzan, Nagata & Kojima are out to prove they've still got what it takes to kick-ass in the G1.

Hasney

Sweet, cheers guys.

I may be in the minority for people that are watching this for the first time from WWE, but I missed Shelton (X) Benjamin. And damn, Gallows just acting like a beast.

Hasney

Also, I clearly need to play more Wrestle Kingdom, I forgot about the countout.

"8... 9.... 10"

OH SHIT DOUBLE COUNT OUT

"11... 12..."

Fuck

kirblar

WWE needs to trim the fat,what's the point of Superstars and Main event? also why does the U.S. title exist? lastly,why do they have 2 titles instead of one for the top championship?

That match was awesome,in fact the whole show was.
They ordered a full set of titles with the new logo. It feels like they're probably going to merge the IC/US ones again once we're closer to the new ones going live.

The Big Gold Belt is a nice nod to the network and the WCW footage, actually, while its still out there.

Sid

They ordered a full set of titles with the new logo. It feels like they're probably going to merge the IC/US ones again once we're closer to the new ones going live.

The Big Gold Belt is a nice nod to the network and the WCW footage, actually, while its still out there.
Source?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why is it so hard to find game sound effects? Like, not music, but the actual sound effect rips. Even if it's from stuff that's freeware.

holy shit, Crime Time is here. I'm actually considering paying ten bucks for a pic because at least if I feel ripped off, they're playing the gimmick

njean777

I think they should divide the wwe title and heavy weight title. Make two separate story lines for both and this way they can have top talent competing for either or. Now with belts united there is no importance of these guys feuding at all. I mean it wouldn't solve all their writing problems, but it could alleviate some of it.

Though at the same time they would have to respect the world heavy weight belt and not turn into another us championship.

Nothing kills this thread more effectively than Japanese Pro Wrestling.

Well, why don't you get us back on track with one of WrassleGAF's often regurgitated favourites? I'd suggest one of these tried and tested discussion points to really shit up the thread;

. "Is CM Punk ever coming back?"
. "Goddamn, John Cena sucks so much!"
. "Roman Reigns isn't ready."
. "Will Daniel Bryan have to retire?"
. "Can't believe they're not pushing Sandow/Ziggler/whoever."

I think they should divide the wwe title and heavy weight title. Make two separate story lines for both and this way they can have top talent competing for either or. Now with belts united there is no importance of these guys feuding at all. I mean it wouldn't solve all their writing problems, but it could alleviate some of it.

You had that prior to the classic Cena v. Orton Title Unification Match at TLC, 8 months ago.

Titles don't matter. It's all about being the face of the company now.

Well, why don't you get us back on track with one of WrassleGAF's often regurgitated favourites? I'd suggest one of these tried and tested discussion points to really shit up the thread;

It's driving a schism in this community between the employed minority who watch PURORESU (origato gozaimasu, Heel-sama) and the penniless majority that can only comment on free wrestling.

Stick your elitist nose up at me if you please but I'm not ashamed to say that I would happily pirate puroresu and feel no guilt whatsoever.

Of course he is. There is no doubt in my mind.

Only an ignorant simpleton would hold this opinion.

You'll never know until you try.

If God wills it.

Wrestling is a structured in peaks and valleys. You can't have megastars like Cena and Reigns unless they're towering above losers like Sandow and Ziggy.

It's driving a schism in this community between the employed minority who watch PURORESU (origato gozaimasu, Heel-sama) and the penniless majority that can only comment on free wrestling.

Stick your elitist nose up at me if you please but I'm not ashamed to say that I would happily pirate puroresu and feel no guilt whatsoever.

Says the guy who still subscribes to the network

Sokantish

You got bean'd.

njean777

You had that prior to the classic Cena v. Orton Title Unification Match at TLC, 8 months ago.

Titles don't matter. It's all about being the face of the company now.

Yeah and now we see that having all these top guys is starting to become a problem because they are feuding over nothing. Throwing a belt in the mix would help alleviate that somewhat. It is stupid that they ever unified them in the first place to me.

Top Bottom