• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Kornflayx

It's driving a schism in this community between the employed minority who watch PURORESU (origato gozaimasu, Heel-sama) and the penniless majority that can only comment on free wrestling.

Stick your elitist nose up at me if you please but I'm not ashamed to say that I would happily pirate puroresu and feel no guilt whatsoever.

At least your honest. Doesn't matter if I don't like you, I have to respect your honesty

imrehOoRDFO1P.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing kills the foundation of this thread quite like Mastiff's weight crashing down
pvIWHzP.gif

You got bean'd.

No shit he's trolling, I thought I'd utilise the moment to make my own point about the thread. Namely, you guys sure do love discussing the same shit over and over.

bean breath said:
Stick your elitist nose up at me if you please but I'm not ashamed to say that I would happily pirate puroresu and feel no guilt whatsoever.

Until New Japan starting offering iPPVs to international customers in October 2012, the only way to watch puroresu was to pirate it. I've been watching this shit since the tail end of the 90's, so I'm glad I can now pay back New Japan for the countless hours of entertainment they provided me over the years, but I'd never begrudge someone for doing as I and many others did because they simply can't afford to follow the product. All wrestling fans deserve New Japan, bean. Even you.

NoRéN

Well, why don't you get us back on track with one of WrassleGAF's often regurgitated favourites? I'd suggest one of these tried and tested discussion points to really shit up the thread;

. "Is CM Punk ever coming back?"
. "Goddamn, John Cena sucks so much!"
. "Roman Reigns isn't ready."
. "Will Daniel Bryan have to retire?"
. "Can't believe they're not pushing Sandow/Ziggler/whoever."

Some things truly never change. Wow.

Bandini

I made myself some jorts for the beach today, but sadly I look more like someone who listens to indie bands than the leader of the Cenation.

Wait there's another team besides Team Cena???

The team where wrestlers are judged on merit and skill.

Requirements to join:
  • Wrestling Observer subscription
  • WWE Network subscription
  • Never miss an episode of NXT
  • Defend Daniel Bryan on the internet
  • Put me on your ignore list

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The team where wrestlers are judged on merit and skill.

Requirements to join:
  • Wrestling Observer subscription
  • WWE Network subscription
  • Never miss an episode of NXT
  • Defend Daniel Bryan on the internet
  • Put me on your ignore list
I don't do any of those things, but I don't like John Cena. My life is confusing.

Hasney

So Day 1 was fun, not sure if I can go straight into Day 2, but giving it a shot. It's harder to be background noise when the commentary isn't English, so can't even boot up the Vita and have to watch it fully, but let's see how far I get.

bjork

No shit he's trolling, I thought I'd utilise the moment to make my own point about the thread. Namely, you guys sure do love discussing the same shit over and over.

To be fair, there's only so much stuff about pro wrestling that can be discussed. Pick any era or fed and it's likely that a similarly small handful of topics were what most people went to. Maybe the topics are promotion-specific, but even then. Someone just today said one of these Japanese guys would be "cena-ing" if he won, for example.

Sid

Yeah and now we see that having all these top guys is starting to become a problem because they are feuding over nothing. Throwing a belt in the mix would help alleviate that somewhat. It is stupid that they ever unified them in the first place to me.
There's no point keeping 2 belts,just have one and make the single overarching storyline to be damn amazing.

zychi

Banned
I think they should divide the wwe title and heavy weight title. Make two separate story lines for both and this way they can have top talent competing for either or. Now with belts united there is no importance of these guys feuding at all. I mean it wouldn't solve all their writing problems, but it could alleviate some of it.

Though at the same time they would have to respect the world heavy weight belt and not turn into another us championship.
Or...since they did what you said two years ago, get rid of one entirely, and stop letting lolcenawinz happen, so theres actual drama behind who has the belt. I dont understand why the wcw belt is still here after vince killed wcw. Wwe doesnt have an nwa or ecw title anymore. Just kill the wcw title, revamp what the wwe title looks like(make it look like wcw, but put a wwe logo on it) and bam ratings

strobogo

Banned
Or...since they did what you said two years ago, get rid of one entirely, and stop letting lolcenawinz happen, so theres actual drama behind who has the belt. I dont understand why the wcw belt is still here after vince killed wcw. Wwe doesnt have an nwa or ecw title anymore. Just kill the wcw title, revamp what the wwe title looks like(make it look like wcw, but put a wwe logo on it) and bam ratings

Changing the look of a title isn't going to do anything for ratings. Combining titles isn't going to do anything for ratings. It hasn't been the WCW Championship since 2001. It was renamed the WHC even before the original unification. And then it was brought back because there were two brands and both needed their own title. And it stayed around because there were still technically two brands until 2011ish. And now they're unified. Having two physical belts really bothers you that much?

Top Bottom