• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

That's a terrible gif to use if your argument is that he's really good, because that looks super telegraphed and overly thought out, just like generic indie dudes.

Finished season one of Twin Peaks. God damn god damn god DAMN that Audrey. Shucky ducky quack quack. The dream sequence with the Man from Another Place is probably the single weirdest scene I've seen on a television show. Pretty dope show. I'm into it. Cooper is the best.

you think it is terrible because you don't like indy wrestling or that particular "style", maybe he does, I don't know but it is one thing I do enjoy about him is the setups into the Stun Gun

Omg what happened to Chris Hero

kassius_ohno_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d5h86kh.jpg

If you looked like that and were repeatedly berated about being "too fat" and eventually fired from your job for it, you'd quit giving a fuck too.

strobogo

Banned
you think it is terrible because you don't like indy wrestling or that particular "style", maybe he does, I don't know but it is one thing I do enjoy about him is the setups into the Stun Gun

One of the worst things in wrasslin to me is when spots look overly complicated and set up. It looks so unnatural. Especially in the case of a move like the Kanyon Cutter, when you can't do the move half way, so it is always clear from the very start that the move isn't going to connect. I've seen some Anderson matches, both in PWG and NJPW and I don't see anything in him, either.

One of the worst things in wrasslin to me is when spots look overly complicated and set up. It looks so unnatural. Especially in the case of a move like the Kanyon Cutter, when you can't do the move half way, so it is always clear from the very start that the move isn't going to connect. I've seen some Anderson matches, both in PWG and NJPW and I don't see anything in him, either.

what funny is that the Ace Crusher works better with simple setups. the more complex the spot, the more contrived it seems.

Nah, it's quite different. You create a character to be the booker who can also be booked in matches, actually wrestle the matches and try to make good matches as well as booking the card, hiring staff and keeping the talent happy. The gameplay isn't even great in ring, but the booking putting on hardcore matches Boots would be proud of is quite fun. Worth trying out since it's free and ad-supported, or $4.99 to kill the ads.

Just signed Bray Wyatt and Bubba Ray came to me and said he found new music.

EDIT: Also like how the AI tries to help make the match more exciting, like Tazz was telling me to get on the announce desk and that I should go over.

So a Zandig or an Ian Rotten simulator. Fantastic.

Is there a new picture of Mr. Eating Spirit himself, Chris Hero? Really living up to the name:
superherosandwich.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DDP is just as bad as Orton. I remember all his stupid 'diving cutters' and thinking how much this time spends marking for himself and how much he spends time thinking about how he can OUTTANOWHERE in new and non-exciting ways.

DDP is just as bad as Orton. I remember all his stupid 'diving cutters' and thinking how much this time spends marking for himself and how much he spends time thinking about how he can OUTTANOWHERE in new and non-exciting ways.

bDLKTES.jpg

DDP's cutters were amazing and you'll never convince me otherwise!

zychi

Banned

Except, DDP was awesome.

He was 35+, had to deal with the shit booking he got from Bischoff, Hogan and Nash. And ended up becoming champ. His OUTTANOWHERE Cutters were awesome

Orton has been force fed down our throats for years, been buddies with the second in charge in HHH. Given extra chances when he shouldve been fired and sent to TNA. Orton is just lately becoming a non-"THISISOURGUYLIKEHIM". Orton's OUTTANOWHERE are so pre-determined, and boring. I think he's done one, that I legitimately didn't see coming against Punk at either RR or WM. I forget which

e: stro has it right too. Kanyon's out of nowhere's were the best.

zychi

Banned
Should we make a "Where is CM Punk thread in the world?" OT

That way we can keep Punk sightings out of this thread?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Except, DDP was awesome.

He was 35+, had to deal with the shit booking he got from Bischoff, Hogan and Nash. And ended up becoming champ. His OUTTANOWHERE Cutters were awesome

Awesome how? He wasn't in good shape, he wasn't a good wrestler, he wasn't good at cutting promos. His finisher carried him forever. His 'shit booking' is the only reason anyone remembers who he is. Tell me the best DDP promo, tell me the best DDP match.

zychi

Banned
Awesome how? He wasn't in good shape, he wasn't a good wrestler, he wasn't good at cutting promos. His finisher carried him forever. His 'shit booking' is the only reason anyone remembers who he is. Tell me the best DDP promo, tell me the best DDP match.

DDP's best moment was when he said no to the NWO and turned on Scott Hall.

And one of his best matches was against Macho Man. No idea what ppv it was but it was awesome.

Dont forget hogan and rodman v ddp and karl malone.

DDP vs. Goldberg and DDP vs. Sting were both awesome. The entire DDP/Savage feud was good, despite Savage being old and roided out. As far as being a good promo? He got a great response from the crowd and was over. If the crowd responds, its a good promo. Period.

strobogo

Banned

Vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc. Vs Sting on Nitro in 1998 and again in 1999. Good matches with Benoit and Raven in 1998. All matches with Macho in 1997.

Promo I can't give you one. His promos were often quite bad due to his reliance on SCUM and terrible Jersey phrases.

those gifs are awesome. irish whip, float over, Cutter. so simple, so elegant.

no need for strike exchanges and counter after counter indie shit.

those gifs are awesome. irish whip, float over, Cutter. so simple, so elegant.

no need for strike exchanges and counter after counter indie shit.

the irish whip and float over added nothing to the cutter

the powerbomb setup added nothing to the cutter

I don't see how you guys mark out for something like that but then hate on something like a Lethal Injection or some other setup into a cutter.

strobogo

Banned
the irish whip and float over added nothing to the cutter

the powerbomb setup added nothing to the cutter

I don't see how you guys mark out for something like that but then hate on something like a Lethal Injection or some other setup into a cutter.

I've never heard or seen a single person mark out for the Lethal Injection. Everyone says that move is stupid as fuck.

I've never heard or seen a single person mark out for the Lethal Injection. Everyone says that move is stupid as fuck.

But how is the Lethal Injection stupid as fuck but a Powerbomb into a Cutter not? I'm just trying to figure out where you guys are drawing the line.

And yes, I don't care for the Lethal Injection either.

strobogo

Banned
But how is the Lethal Injection stupid as fuck but a Powerbomb into a Cutter not? I'm just trying to figure out where you guys are drawing the line.

And yes, I don't care for the Lethal Injection either.

You really don't see the difference between a powerbomb into a cutter and dodge kick/slap/spin/counter cutter/slap/spin/counter exploder/cutter?

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-

Really enjoyed Anderson vs. Regal.

You really don't see the difference between a powerbomb into a cutter and dodge kick/slap/spin/counter cutter/slap/spin/counter exploder/cutter?

Sorry, I was talking about between powerbomb into a cutter and the Lethal Injection.

I get why you and many others do not like that Anderson spot or indy wrestling in general.

One's an overly complicated maneuver in a fake wrestling match and one's a slightly more overly complicated maneuver in a fake wrestling match? If you don't want occasional reality breaking moments in your combat sports, I think there's a UFC event tonight.

strobogo

Banned
One's an overly complicated maneuver in a fake wrestling match and one's a slightly more overly complicated maneuver in a fake wrestling match? If you don't want occasional reality breaking moments in your combat sports, I think there's a UFC event tonight.

Can you explain to me the inner workings of this business?

Sorry, I was talking about between powerbomb into a cutter and the Lethal Injection.

I get why you and many others do not like that Anderson spot or indy wrestling in general.

Mostly because the powerbomb into Diamond Cutter looks cool and has dope impact, but the Lethal Injection looks like you could do it do a kid and not hurt them. And Jay Lethal is a dope.

the issue is the setup, not the move. a powerbomb into cutter is a simple setup. a 20 second sequence that leads into the cutter is not a simple setup. it often even ignores any previous established psychology.

if i wanna see long, detailed exchanges i'll fire up a Jackie Chan movie.

as for the UFC event, a man was killed tonight:

PertinentArtisticFrillneckedlizard.gif

his soul is heading to Hades.

the issue is the setup, not the move. a powerbomb into cutter is a simple setup. a 20 second sequence that leads into the cutter is not a simple setup. it often even ignores any previous established psychology.

Lambada, your presence was missed in the IRC chat. Everyone spoke very highly of you.

acrid

Banned

Jesus Christ, that's a mugging.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Finished season one of Twin Peaks. God damn god damn god DAMN that Audrey. Shucky ducky quack quack. The dream sequence with the Man from Another Place is probably the single weirdest scene I've seen on a television show. Pretty dope show. I'm into it. Cooper is the best.

I'm going to a showing of Fire Walk With Me at a local art museum with a pre show pie and coffee event and a post show costume contest black lounge party. Going to be lookin for an Audrey

giphy.gif

Zach

I'm going to a showing of Fire Walk With Me at a local art museum with a pre show pie and coffee event and a post show costume contest black lounge party. Going to be lookin for an Audrey

giphy.gif

Twin Peaks is so amazing. Be ready for season two to kind of fall apart. Cooper is absolutely the best.

I didn't love Fire Walk with Me. I own it and should watch it again, not expecting more Twin Peaks. It's probably better that way.

Anyway, love David Lynch overall. Just recently watched Lost Highway for the first time. It was very good.

Top Bottom